Become a Patron!

Vaporesso Revenger Mini Kit

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Revenger Mini Kit from Vaporesso. The kit was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by Ema from Sourcemore.

THE SPECS FOR THE KIT ARE POSTED SEPARATELY AFTER THE REVIEW DUE TO ONLY BEING ALLOWED 1000 CHARACTERS.

https://www.sourcemore.com/vaporesso-rev...black.html

In the Box

Contents:

1* Revenger Mini Mod
1* NRG SE Tank
1* GT4 Core(Pre-installed)
1* GT CCELL
1* Vaporesso USB Cable
1* Replacement Glass Tube
1* User Manual
Spare O-rings

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Revenger Mini Kit comes in the normal Vaporesso packaging which i'm a fan of (nothing free moving in transit). A while ago i reviewed the Revenger and in appearance this is a Mini Me version, looking identical apart from it's smaller size. I received the black version which comes with a black NRG tank (the latest version), but the device itself i would describe as a deep gun metal colour rather than black, and that's perfectly ok with me (despite the slight colour difference between tank and mod they look perfectly ok together). The device has a black mirror effect front and black which although a fingerprint magnet does give it it's stylish sleek look. The front houses the screen in the top section and underneath is the left, right and mode buttons, above the screen "REVENGER MINI" is etched on to the device via a plaque. The mirrored rear of the device unlike the rest of the revenger family houses a nice patterned light display but with this turned off all that is visible is the lovely black mirrored finish. The side of the device sits a very nice sized rectangular fire button, moving to the top of the device there is a centre spring loaded 510. Finally the bottom of the device reveals the expected safety stamps and generous venting. The NRG SE Tank is essentially the same (and after using it i can confirm performs the same) as the standard NRG Tank apart from instead of heavy texturing to the top and bottom the SE has a smooth design. The device is ergonomically very friendly allowing you to have it sitting in your hand for a long period of time without it starting to feel uncomfortable.

NRG SE TANK

I have reviewed the NRG Tank before and used various versions of it and apart from slight cosmetic alterations they are all essentially the same tank, performing identically and using the same GT Coils. Rather than leaving this section blank or leaving a link to a previous review the best thing is to copy the previous review into this section, so see below:

The NRG tank deserves a review of it's own so i will start with that then move on to the Revenger. The tank i have used is the 2ml TPD compliant version, there is also a 5ml version available. The first thing to mention is the aesthetics of the tank are great it suits the Revenger very well it is a very nice looking tank.

Assembling and Filling

The tank comes apart simply and reassembles with equal ease.Before reassembling the tank i pre saturated the cotton via the wicking holes and abit of juice applied directly in the middle of the coil (there is a lot of cotton in the coil heads).
Filling the tank is easy as the NRG as a great top-fill system, the top-cap just slides to one side on a hinge revealing a large filling hole. After filling the top slides back into place with just the right amount of resistance, the top-cap will not move unless the user means it to. The drip-tip has a spit-back guard which although some people claim it affects flavour i wonder if that's just tricks of the mind as i have never noticed spit-back guards altering the flavour at all.

Performance

I tried both supplied coils with this tank and both were very flavoursome and gave plenty of cloud. The airflow depended on which coil head i was using but i personally found the airflow plenty and half closed it using the GT8 coil. The airflow on the tank itself is a standard cyclops with stoppers and the aggressive texturing on the airflow ring (which looks great and adds to the aesthetics of the tank) helps with grip when adjusting. Both supplied coils are 0.15 and i found the GT4 best on normal at 50W and the GT8 best on normal at 70W. There was no issues with the coil heads keeping up with the wicking.
There are 5 coil heads available for the NRG which also include a ceramic coil which Vaporesso are renowned for.The tank has a heating insulation layer to help keep the tank cool and it seemed to do it's job. I also suffered no leaking from the tank.

Conclusion

A very well made, aesthetically pleasing tank that gives great flavour and cloud. Multiple coil head options allowing the tank to be used from 15w - 100+w.

Flavoursome
Range of coil head options
Hinged top-flow system
Aesthetically pleasing

Using The Revenger Mini

As already mentioned i have the Revenger but it was at this point i found the Mini was actually a Mini version of the Revenger X, with the latest Omni Chip and very user friendly interface. The Mini is the standard 5 clicks on and off, and while on 3 clicks of the fire button locks and unlocks the device. Pressing any button takes the Revenger to your main screen and off the very nice clock screensaver, and from here you can get into the menu system. While on the main screen click the mode key (found between the left and right keys) 3 times and this brings up a very large list of options which you simply scroll down and select what you want. Everything is there, all the various modes, different wire types for temp control, custom curves and more. When you select what you are after it takes you to where you can alter settings, so for example if you select ss it takes you to another screen where you can set temperature, wattage or TCR. At the bottom of these sub menus there is a OK icon which by clicking it sets your settings and takes you back to the list of options. At the bottom of the options list are 2 icons, back which takes you back to the main screen and system set which reveals where you can set numerous things like the clock, the light display and plenty more. The light display is very customizable, giving you various choices (including switching it off). You can have the lights permanently on, on while firing as well as having solid on or the colour pulsing on and off (they call it breathing). There is also the option to completely customize how the lights work so along with the CCW and CCT the Mini must be about the most customizable device in the marketplace. As with the Revenger i love the custom curves on the Mini, a lot of devices now have CCW but in my opinion the Revenger series do them best. So that's it, a device which has every option i can think of yet the menu system allows it to be a very simple device to use. The light display on the device i was sent is flames but there are other options like circles and stars. If you don't like lights on devices then don't worry with them turned off you can't even tell the device has them and they are an extra (The device doesn't need them to be aesthetically pleasing).

Performance

As with the Revenger, the Mini was a treat to use and i was straight into playing with the custom curves which i particularly like. The Mini is a very solid performer, but just to point out if you didn't read the specs the Mini is an 85w device. The battery life was perfectly acceptable lasting most of the day. The Mini is capable of 2.5A charging which is the quickest i have come across (i don't think there is another device higher than 2A) and is firmware upgrade-able. The NRG SE is a 22mm tank but the Mini will house a 24mm tank without overhang.

Pros

User friendly device
Fluent Menu system
Very Customizable
Custom Curves
Good battery life
Light display
Aesthetically Pleasing
Great Ergonomics
Temp Control
2.5A Charging

Cons

Internal battery
Not for high wattage users
Fingerprint Magnet

Conclusion

In my opinion out of all the mods that are mini versions of previously released devices the Revenger Mini leads the way, not only keeping all the features of it's parents but also adding it's own personality.

I would once again like to thank Ema from Sourcemore for supplying the Vaporesso Revenger Mini Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.sourcemore.com/vaporesso-rev...black.html

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NRG SE SPECS:

22mm Diameter
Slide To Fill Top Fill Design
Large Fill Port
3.5ml Maximum Capacity
GT Coil Family
GT 4
0.15 ohm
Dual Vertical Coil
30 to 70W
45 to 65W Recommended Range
GT CCELL SS
0.5 ohm
25 to 35W
Organic Cotton
Dual Adjustable Bottom Airflow
13mm by 2mm Each Airslot
Fully Closeable
10mm Bore Delrin Drip Tip
Silver Plated 510 Contact

REVENGER MINI SPECS

5 to 85W Output
OMNI Board 2.2
Seven Total Output Modes
0.05 to 5.0 ohm Atomizer Resistance Range
0 to 8.5V Voltage Range
Smart VW
Automatically Recommend Ideal Output
Can Easily Adjust
Customized Curve of Wattage (CCW)
Customize Wattage Output By Second Increments
Customize Ramp Up by 0.5 Second Increments
Bypass Mode
Firmware Upgradeable
Temperature Control Suite
Ni200 Nickel Support
Titanium Support
SS316 Support
Customized Curve of Temperature (CCT)
Customize Temperature Output Over Time
TCR Mode
200 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit
Atomizer Lock
Sleek and Beautiful Chassis Design
Futuristic Styling
Four Button Control
Enlarged Firing Button
Angular Adjustment Buttons
Mode Button
0.96 Inch OLED Display
Temperature Mode and Output
Output Power
Atomizer Resistance
Individual Battery Life Indicator
Remaining Charging Time (RCT)
Puff Counter
Real Time Clock (RTC) Setting
Screen Blends in to Panel
Built-In 2500 mAh Battery
2.5A Quick Charge System
Remaining Charging Time
Equalizing Charge System
USB Input Protection
Micro USB Charging Port
In-Mould Labeling (IML) Injection Coating and Aluminum Alloy Chassis
Spring Loaded Gold Plated 510 Connection
Low Voltage/Current/Output Short Circuit/Load/Low Resistance/Overheating/Anti Loaded/Timeout Protection
Dimensions: 75x40x25

VU Sponsors