Become a Patron!

Vaporesso Luxe Nano 80W Touch Screen TC Kit 2500mAh

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Luxe Nano 80W Touch Screen TC Kit 2500mAh from Vaporesso. The Luxe Nano 80W Touch Screen TC Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Jessica from Vaporesso.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/luxe-nano

Introduction

The Luxe Nano is a mini version of the dual battery Luxe device, it comes paired with a Mini version of the SKRR tank which allows the kit to have a TPD version available. The device has a 2500mAh internal battery, 80w max wattage and comes packed with all the features the Omni board offers. The SKRR-S Mini uses the exact same innovative coils that fit the SKRR but is a much smaller tank being just 22mm at it's base and 23mm at it's widest point. Both the Luxe Nano and SKRR-S Mini's bigger brothers were top notch so how do the shrunk down versions fair? I give my thoughts!

In The Box

Contents:

Standard Edition

1 x Luxe Nano MOD
1 x SKRR-S Mini Tank (3.5ml)
1 x QF Strips Coil 0.15ohm (Pre-installed)
1 x QF Meshed Coil 0.2ohm
1 x Replacement Glass Tube (3.5ml)
1 x Silicone Case
1 x O-Ring
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Guide

TPD Edition

1 x Luxe Nano MOD
1 x SKRR-S Mini Tank (2ml)
1 x QF Strips Coil 0.15ohm (Pre-installed)
1 x QF Meshed Coil 0.2ohm
1 x Replacement Glass Tube (2ml)
1 x Silicone Case
1 x O-Ring
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Guide

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Luxe Nano like it's bigger brother looks like a marriage between the Polar and the Revenger, just a smaller size and is one hell of a fingerprint magnet. The device has the usual main chassis section with mirrored finish panels front and back. The front of the device has a 1.3" Colour screen and underneath we have virtual touch keys, the centre one being the select key and also the Vaporesso logo, we also have the micro USB port on the front central bottom. One side of the device is featureless, the other has a very large pill shaped fire button towards the top, the back of the device has a fixed mirrored finish panel with a design, the design differs depending on colour version. The base has generous venting, safety stamps and branding, moving to the top we have a centre 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510. The Luxe Nano is the usual exceptional build quality i have come to expect from Vaporesso and with it's smaller size is even more ergonomic than it's older brother. I received the Rainbow version, it's also available in Silver, Bronze, Black, Blue and Red.

SKRR-S Mini Specs and Features:

Size: 23mm x 49.5mm
Capacity: 2ml(TPD Edition)/ 3.5ml(Standard Edition)
Coil: QF Meshed 0.2om, QF Strips 0.15ohm
Leak protection design
Bullet-shaped inner structure for no spit back
Flax fiber with cotton in coils
Thread: 510 thread
Drip Tip: 510
Colours: Black, Bronze, Rainbow, Silver

Assembling And Disassembling The SKRR-S Mini

As well as having smaller dimensions the mini version of the SKRR also has a more standard screw on Top-cap along with a standard 510 drip tip and no locking system. These changes makes it a simple subohm tank and separates into it's various parts very easily. Unscrew the base with coil then you can wiggle the glass free, the SKRR-S mini goes back together with the same ease. The standard version has a 3.5ml capacity and you get an identical spare glass, the TPD version has exactly the same glass pre-installed and spare, the capacity is reduced by the TPD SKRR-S Mini having extra metal added to the chimney section.

The Coils

The SKRR-S mini use the same QF coils as it's bigger brother, you receive 2 of the new QF coils with the kit, unfortunately you don't receive the new SK CCELL which uses SS wire. The coils you receive are the pre-installed QF 0.15 strip coil and also included is the QF 0.20 mesh coil. Both included coils have identical recommendations of 50w to 80w with best at ratings of 65w to 75w, the coils use a Flax Fiber and Cotton mix for their wicking material. The coils have a hollow cone fitted centrally inside them which is sealed around the bottom essentially creating a juice well. Normally with a stock coil head all that stands in the way between the tank of liquid and the hollow in the centre of the coil head which leads straight into the base and then your airflow slots is the wicking material and wire, mesh, etc hence leaking has always been an issue with bottom airflow tanks, in fact even tanks referred to as "they don't have a leaking issue" just means the leaking isn't that bad. This is quite a simple idea but very clever, instead of the surplus liquid caused by over saturation and changes in temperature going down into the base and eventually out the airflow slots it just gathers in the well around the bottom of the cone, when you vape as well as re-wicking from the normal wicking ports on the coil head it also wicks from this well essentially recycling the liquid we would normally end up getting on our devices. The vast majority of manufacturers if they had come up with this idea would be claiming it's a leakproof system so you have to hand it to Vaporesso that they refer to it has leak reduction. The reason why some liquid can still potentially go into the base is because you still have the air entering the coil head through the sides of the cone and another cause of liquid getting into the base is spitting, all coils will spit occasionally it's just with stock coils we don't notice because it spits from the sides of the coil head to the centre hollow of the coil so we don't feel the spitting on our lips. Although some spits will just hit the metal on the cone and work its way down to the already mentioned juice well some spits will go through the air openings on the cone and down into the base, but that's a hell of a lot of spitting you would need before liquid would escape through the airflow slots. Happy Days!

The Airflow

This will be a short section as the cone has already been explained. The SKRR-S Mini like the SKRR has tri cyclops with stopper, the air when entering the tank instead of doing so through the hollow of your coil head, it enters the hollow of the already explained cone which is fixed into the hollow of your coil head. Halfway up this cone we have 4 cutouts all the same size evenly spaced around the cone which allows the air to enter the coil head, this is called the Quadflow air distribution system, which is claimed reduces leaking and spitback but also eliminates cold air intake giving a warmer richer flavour (not my words).

Luxe Nano Specs and Features:

Dimension: 40.3 x 26.2 x 77.7mm
Display: 1.3-inch Colour TFT
Battery: Built-in 2500mAh
Battery Power Range: 5-80W
Resistance Range: 0.03-5ohm
Built-in 2500mAh battery with 80W max output
1.3-inch massive colour touch screen display
Upgraded OMNI board 4.0 chipset
0.002s quick firing speed
Edge-to-edge touch panel with IML design
All-new super player mode
2A quick charge
Thread: 510
Colours: Silver, Bronze, Black, Blue, Rainbow, Red

Review Continued Below:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

The Display

The main screen is the same as on the Luxe, with a series of circles central that give indication of things like wattage, voltage, vape time etc moving in real time as you vape. All this info is also given in good old text form, in fact the display is very well laid out. Top left we have the battery status indication bar then top right is the time, at the top of the circular design we have the mode. In the centre of the series of circles we have your wattage (temperature when in temp control), underneath this is the unit so "W" when in wattage mode. Bottom left we have resistance and puffs, bottom right voltage (wattage when in temp control) and time vaped, when the device is locked a padlock appears central at the bottom of the display. Since Vaporesso moved to using a colour screen in my opinion their devices have had the nicest looking display with the omni 4.0 chipset. With the new Omni 4.2 upgrade although the main screen is the same the look when going into the menu system (again, it's only my opinion) is better still.

Navigating The Luxe Nano

The Nano is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and off and once on you are met by the already described bright, sharp colour display. The navigation is done via the virtual up and down buttons and the virtual select button all of which vibrate when activated (vibration can be turned off in the menu system). The device auto locks (again like everything on this device it can be tailored in the menu system), it still fires but your wattage (or temperature) will not get altered by accident, i don't mind this at all as 3 quick presses of the fire button quickly unlocks the device.
To enter the menu is three quick presses of the select button, this brings up 2 rows of icons (3 in each row) which are VW (current VW settings), SP (super player mode, will allow resistance as low as 0.03), VT (current temp control settings), VV (variable voltage), CC (use current custom curve settings) and Bypass. If you carry on scrolling it goes to a second screen with 2 more icons followed by exit, these icons are DIY and settings.
Choosing DIY brings up 3 icons which are VW, VT and CC. Choosing VW allows you to set wattage mode to soft, normal or hard. Choosing VT allows you to choose your temperature control wire type, lock resistance and enter TCR values into memory slots. Finally choosing CC allows you to set custom curve for wattage, voltage and each of the 3 temp control wire types.
Choosing Settings brings up your settings list which comprises of Default, Time Set, Brightness, Puff Counter, Smart Mode on/off (when on gives suggested wattage for resistance), Auto on/off, Screen Timeout, key light, Vibrate and finally Version which gives hardware and firmware information.
The Luxe Nano is loaded with features but is so easy to navigate it's one of those devices that after just a ten minute play with the menu system you know where everything is and how everything works.

Using The Kit

As ever i have to point out i do not vape using temp control or have access to data so simply review vaping products as my own experience using them. The Nano performs just as well as it's bigger brother just with lower wattage capabilities and like with all recent Vaporesso devices have a lovely easy to find fire button that gives a luxurious click that's very satisfying. Housing the 4.2 Omni chip set the device fires instantly with impressive ramp up speed and the virtual buttons never failed to register my press on any occasion. The curves feature on Vaporesso devices are always well done and no different with the nano and being able to have a custom curve for wattage, voltage and temp control is a big pro. For those that like variable voltage the nano also offers that as well as bypass. The SKRR-S Mini really doesn't perform any differently than it's older brother apart from just a touch less air but then the SKRR had plenty to spare, it's just as smooth. Both supplied coils i find best at 65w with both the Mini and original SKRR and after using the SKRR quite a bit as well as being able to say they give cracking flavour unlike when i reviewed the Luxe i can now vouch for there longevity. Despite the Nano only being an 80w device it copes with wattage towards it's max well and have no issues with the supplied coils, my only issue is battery life. We are not talking there is an issue as you get good value with the 2500mAh in-built battery but 2500mAh doesn't go far when you are vaping between 65w and 80w so although great device and great tank possibly not the most suited combination and a tank needing less power would of been a better option. The device does have 2A charging which fully charges the device in just an hour and a half while offering pass through so many won't be put off by the capacity and still go for the kit option. Also the Mini gets through the juice so would of been much better if the spare glass was a 5ml bubble option. The Nano will accommodate a 25mm tank without overhanging where the front and back tapers slightly and 26mm without overhanging the device it'self, it is also fully firmware upgradeable.

Excellent build quality
Pocket friendly
Aesthetically pleasing
Ergonomic
Good colour options
Nice colour display
Virtual buttons
Good display feedback
Easy to use app style menu system
Temp control (not tested)
custom wattage, voltage and temp control curves
Variable voltage
Super player mode
SKRR-S Mini very good tank
Coil innovation
Very good flavour
Coil longevity
Suffered no leaking
2A charging
Firmware upgradeable

Cons

Not great battery life using with the included coils
No bubble glass option
Tanks over 25mm will overhang device
Fingerprint magnet

I would once again like to thank Jessica from Vaporesso for supplying the Luxe Nano with SKRR-S Mini Tank for the purpose of this review.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/luxe-nano

VU Sponsors