Vaporesso Aurora Starter Kit, A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
e61c36a0b1e69c7468682b2e9457c346.jpg

Full disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This starter kit was sent to me directly from Vaporesso specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this starter kit a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Looks exactly like a Zippo but just a little bigger. Packaged nicely like all Vaporesso products. Feels like a Zippo in your hand and even flips open like a Zippo. Kind of neat.

What's In The Box:

Aurora kit
2 CCELL Coils
USB Charger
Manual
Warranty, Warning, and Coil cards

9bb163f02ab24d489dd6a71537ebe1a3.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

Like I said looks like a bigger version of a traditional Zippo. Looks and acts like one as well. It flips open like a Zippo. When flipped open the Aurora reveals the drip tip. It swivels out so you can vape and swivels back in so you can close the mod. The drip tip looks like a pipe type of drip tip. It is smooth to the touch and comfortable. I do wish they had other styles available. The Aurora is draw activated so there are no buttons at all.
f92edda84fa5b810781cd205aa778c8b.jpg

0f0e78e91d3e37130b02a6be9d71945f.jpg

Pull on the drip tip and it reveals the magnetic tank that holds 1.2mls of liquid. The tank itself is made of glass. The bottom of the tank unscrews and that is where you screw in the coil. The coil then feeds to a glass tube that feeds into the drip tip. There is a cutout on the mod so you can see your juice level at all times. Vaporesso should have really included a spare glass tank. Just in case you break one or so you can easily switch up flavors.
e6a60184e85d5bb37c602449d84433d7.jpg
6cc7724314029128bf107db15abd646f.jpg

The coils are ceramic and SS 316, they are 1.4 ohms. The have four tiny wicking ports that you can see the cotton in. One comes with this kit preinstalled and you also get a spare. The draw on them is very tight. MTL draw for sure.
896216b5ac14cdae3da4b67b5ea98103.jpg
c2187bda74449eba7e922240480c21dc.jpg
19d6c609bd62a9332d213b043098a466.jpg

The mod does have a charge port that charges an 800mAh internal battery. There is a light that lets you know when the mod is fully charged. It glows white while charging and turns off when fully charged. The charge port can be accessed without laying the mod on its side.
f5c3b1c4670f9a42ce5774e33692d9b1.jpg

The Look, Feel, and General Aesthetics Of The Mod:

What can I say? It’s a cute little mod that looks exactly like a Zippo. It feels like one and it even has that click when you open and close it. Kind of cool I guess. Mine came with an Indian head and it looks great. It’s very pocketable and easy to conceal. Really easy to stash as a backup mod or stealth mod.

The Board:

This is a draw activate mod that has a maximum wattage of 12 watts. No cloud chucker here, just a true tootle puffer.

How Does It Vape:

It vapes fine for what it is. It’s a tootle puffer that you can run high nic juices in. I enjoyed it running a 12 nic with some Turkish tobacco juice I had laying around. It gives a smooth even MTL draw. You can not DL this setup. Battery life has been pretty good for such a tiny mod.

Conclusion:

For what the Aurora is it's a fine little mod. Its built well and vapes fine. I use it as my stealth vape setup. When I am some place that I can't vape I take a pull and blow it into my shirt. I also keep it in my commuter bag as a backup mod. If this is your need than the Aurora will be a fine addition to your collection. Remember though, I am reviewing this mod in the context of what it was meant to be. This mod may not be for everyone but I can definitely see people be taken by the novelty of it. For those types of vapers it's a well built mod that they will derive enjoyment from.

Pros & Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Pros:

Stealthy
Built well
Good battery life
Comfortable drip tip
Charges quickly
Very pocketable
Draw activated
Simple and easy to use

Cons:

Only one type of drip tip
No spare tank

Specs:

Size: 70.4x42.5x14.6mm
Total Weight: 116g
Battery Cell: 800mAh
Peek-Through Window
TPD_compliant
Easy Bottom Filling with CCELL coil
Available in black, stainless steel and golden

e5f22644a84fee4419c81b1bedea7881.jpg

If you liked this review or found it helpful please feel free to give it a like and me a follow on this forum. If you are a vendor and you would like a DeucesJack Review please feel free to PM me on this forum. Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
e61c36a0b1e69c7468682b2e9457c346.jpg

Full disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This starter kit was sent to me directly from Vaporesso specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this starter kit a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Looks exactly like a Zippo but just a little bigger. Packaged nicely like all Vaporesso products. Feels like a Zippo in your hand and even flips open like a Zippo. Kind of neat.

What's In The Box:

Aurora kit
2 CCELL Coils
USB Charger
Manual
Warranty, Warning, and Coil cards

9bb163f02ab24d489dd6a71537ebe1a3.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

Like I said looks like a bigger version of a traditional Zippo. Looks and acts like one as well. It flips open like a Zippo. When flipped open the Aurora reveals the drip tip. It swivels out so you can vape and swivels back in so you can close the mod. The drip tip looks like a pipe type of drip tip. It is smooth to the touch and comfortable. I do wish they had other styles available. The Aurora is draw activated so there are no buttons at all.
f92edda84fa5b810781cd205aa778c8b.jpg

0f0e78e91d3e37130b02a6be9d71945f.jpg

Pull on the drip tip and it reveals the magnetic tank that holds 1.2mls of liquid. The tank itself is made of glass. The bottom of the tank unscrews and that is where you screw in the coil. The coil then feeds to a glass tube that feeds into the drip tip. There is a cutout on the mod so you can see your juice level at all times. Vaporesso should have really included a spare glass tank. Just in case you break one or so you can easily switch up flavors.
e6a60184e85d5bb37c602449d84433d7.jpg
6cc7724314029128bf107db15abd646f.jpg

The coils are ceramic and SS 316, they are 1.4 ohms. The have four tiny wicking ports that you can see the cotton in. One comes with this kit preinstalled and you also get a spare. The draw on them is very tight. MTL draw for sure.
896216b5ac14cdae3da4b67b5ea98103.jpg
c2187bda74449eba7e922240480c21dc.jpg
19d6c609bd62a9332d213b043098a466.jpg

The mod does have a charge port that charges an 800mAh internal battery. There is a light that lets you know when the mod is fully charged. It glows white while charging and turns off when fully charged. The charge port can be accessed without laying the mod on its side.
f5c3b1c4670f9a42ce5774e33692d9b1.jpg

The Look, Feel, and General Aesthetics Of The Mod:

What can I say? It’s a cute little mod that looks exactly like a Zippo. It feels like one and it even has that click when you open and close it. Kind of cool I guess. Mine came with an Indian head and it looks great. It’s very pocketable and easy to conceal. Really easy to stash as a backup mod or stealth mod.

The Board:

This is a draw activate mod that has a maximum wattage of 12 watts. No cloud chucker here, just a true tootle puffer.

How Does It Vape:

It vapes fine for what it is. It’s a tootle puffer that you can run high nic juices in. I enjoyed it running a 12 nic with some Turkish tobacco juice I had laying around. It gives a smooth even MTL draw. You can not DL this setup. Battery life has been pretty good for such a tiny mod.

Conclusion:

For what the Aurora is it's a fine little mod. Its built well and vapes fine. I use it as my stealth vape setup. When I am some place that I can't vape I take a pull and blow it into my shirt. I also keep it in my commuter bag as a backup mod. If this is your need than the Aurora will be a fine addition to your collection. Remember though, I am reviewing this mod in the context of what it was meant to be. This mod may not be for everyone but I can definitely see people be taken by the novelty of it. For those types of vapers it's a well built mod that they will derive enjoyment from.

Pros & Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Pros:

Stealthy
Built well
Good battery life
Comfortable drip tip
Charges quickly
Very pocketable
Draw activated
Simple and easy to use

Cons:

Only one type of drip tip
No spare tank

Specs:

Size: 70.4x42.5x14.6mm
Total Weight: 116g
Battery Cell: 800mAh
Peek-Through Window
TPD_compliant
Easy Bottom Filling with CCELL coil
Available in black, stainless steel and golden

e5f22644a84fee4419c81b1bedea7881.jpg

If you liked this review or found it helpful please feel free to give it a like and me a follow on this forum. If you are a vendor and you would like a DeucesJack Review please feel free to PM me on this forum. Thank you for taking the time to read this review.
Great review!

VU Sponsors