Become a Patron!

Vapor Storm puma resistance issues

My second week with this mod and I’m constantly having to reset resistance. The resistance is erratically bouncing from 0.36 all the way up to 0.72 within minutes and somewhere in between then it stops reading and I have to select “New” or “Old”. Of course vape shop says it’s the tank but no issues when I switch the tank to another mod. Anyone have any idea what’s happening? Between the Tesla Wye crapping out on me and these issues I’m about to just accept that abs plastic mods are junk.

Just ran across your post. Got the exact same issue. Don't get the praise the device received in reviews. What's more is that when you select "Old" it will display the old resistance but adjust the output voltage to the one it just detected, regardless. So the option is basically useless, as it will always fire at the detected resistance anyways. The only way I was able to stop this (and the stupid pre-heat punch you have no control over), was to use a TC mode (I chose nickel) for regular kanthal coils. The set temperature shouldn't have any impact but I set it to the highest value anyways. Since kanthal resistance increases way less than nickel with heat, the mod will simply fire at close to the (TC-)selected wattage. It still asks about the atomizer from time to time but it's become tolerable (maybe 2x a day instead of what felt like every third button press). If it asks, it does still detect arbitrary resistance values but they have no influence on the output power for some reason (you should think that if it erroneously reads too high a resistance, fires, realizes the resistance under load is LESS than the initial value it would quit firing in TC but it just doesn't).
Obviously this workaround only works with a non-TC coil and am not planning on using it for "real" TC after how poorly it performed it simple wattage mode..

Thanks for your input. This is one of the many pieces of junk in vaping that has wasted my money. I’m truly considering just quitting all together out of frustration over leaking tanks and crap mods getting “wonderful” reviews and are practically junk out of the box. Part of me doesn’t even trust the safety of this mod.

Couldn't agree more. I guess part of the problem is bad qc and the fact that manufacturers don't stick to a particular supplier for parts like displays/buttons/510s. That plus non-existent customer service makes purchasing very much a hit and miss. My takeaway with all the trash I collected thus far is to stay away from "cutting edge" products that didn't get much community feedback yet. I got a lot of reliable gear but more thanks to random people recommending or fasttech reviews than any of the "professional" product testers that just seem to hype everything as long as it doesn't decompose while they're shooting the video.

I had this problem as well. I fixed it by opening the mod using a small star screwdriver and tightening the nut holding the 510 connector in place. Now my resistance has settled down instead of jumping all over the place

Thanks, I'll give that a try. The TC workaround only applies up to 75 W, since that appears to be the upper limit in that mode. Still, there's no turning off the pre-heat in wattage mode or am I missing something (you can see that one in the amps spiking for a second or so after hitting the button. Also compare to what it feels like with the same wattage set at a constant in curve mode)?

I realise this is a few months after the last reply here but I got the puma today, it autofired and now keeps reading short, tried updating, switching atty/batteries etc etc and just will not fire, managed to get half a day worth of vaping out of it.

Anyone got recommendations on what to do ? Might try giving the screws a go and see if tightening anything may help but not holding out hope.

VU Sponsors