Become a Patron!

Vaping Underground Mix It Forward Party+PIF+Contest- Oh My!

amincey34

Member For 1 Year
Since it is Friday and this closes to entrants tonight. Now is a good time to make a last minute announcement. ">@B-boy and Verde Valley Vapes has offered to make a generous juice donation to the boxes and are expediting a shipment to be included for our winners. Be on the lookout next week to see what is getting added in and many, many thanks for them getting involved. Please be sure to check them out and support those that support us.

https://verdevalleyvapes.com/

I will be asleep at midnight tonight so keep those eyes peeled for last minute entries and good luck to our entrants. If no one else enters you guys have it locked up and we will get everything assembled and shipped to you. We will make everything official in the morning.

The large AFO/APO boxes will be arriving September 4th so things start getting wrapped and packed for their long trip to the winners no later than Saturday of next week.

SWEET SUPER EXCITED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
People, it is official. All of the names of prospective entries have been entered into Random.Org and after careful review by no less than 11 secret judges. We have our winners. I'm not sure how but for some reason I kept winning both boxes every time the generate button was clicked. Its true, if you don't believe me ask the 11 secret judges.

These are the official recipients of these boxes.
@JethroP
@amincey34

Screenshot from 2018-09-01 07-46-21.png

Please PM me your shipping details fella's to make sure we have the right info. We will be working this next week to get this packaged up and on its way to you. We do appreciate you guys showing up to take these tokens of gratitude from your fellow vapers here on VU and from elsewhere (seriously, a lot of folks got involved in support of this).

I also feel reasonably confident that once you get this stuff in hand and have any questions about any of it, we may know some people who can help you out should you need it. Thanks for all that you do and we look forward to seeing you around here.

amincey34

Member For 1 Year
People, it is official. All of the names of prospective entries have been entered into Random.Org and after careful review by no less than 11 secret judges. We have our winners. I'm not sure how but for some reason I kept winning both boxes every time the generate button was clicked. Its true, if you don't believe me ask the 11 secret judges.

These are the official recipients of these boxes.
@JethroP
@amincey34

View attachment 118906

Please PM me your shipping details fella's to make sure we have the right info. We will be working this next week to get this packaged up and on its way to you. We do appreciate you guys showing up to take these tokens of gratitude from your fellow vapers here on VU and from elsewhere (seriously, a lot of folks got involved in support of this).

I also feel reasonably confident that once you get this stuff in hand and have any questions about any of it, we may know some people who can help you out should you need it. Thanks for all that you do and we look forward to seeing you around here.

Sweet! We're supported ! Thanks to all! We're gonna get some pictures to you as soon as we get it in hand

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Update for everyone. Looks like both @JethroP and @amincey34 will be receiving 4 large flat rate boxes each so far. That is possible to go up to 5 but not certain yet. It all hinges on what arrives between now and Thursday.

We ended up having 3 outstanding packages.
2 of which will be arriving tomorrow and 1 that will be arriving Thursday. Contents will be posted and packaged immediately.

We are still a go to get these shipped by Saturday at which point we will be doing the two prize drawings for the contribution teams. Keep your eyes out for that.

amincey34

Member For 1 Year
Update for everyone. Looks like both @JethroP and @amincey34 will be receiving 4 large flat rate boxes each so far. That is possible to go up to 5 but not certain yet. It all hinges on what arrives between now and Thursday.

2 of which will be arriving tomorrow and 1 that will be arriving Thursday. Contents will be posted and packaged immediately.

We are still a go to get these shipped by Saturday at which point we will be doing the two prize drawings for the contribution teams. Keep your eyes out for that.

Sweet we're super super excited! Couldn't be more thankful

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Sweet we're super super excited! Couldn't be more thankful

We are all excited for you. You and Jethro are about to be very popular people when everyone finds out you both are sitting on a vaping gold mine.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I can contribute to shipping as well if all ships after Thursday morning. Just lemme know.. went to a funeral for my friend's dad Tues. Didn't know he was retired Marine. Haven't heard Taps in person since I was 14 when my father passed. Saddest song ever written. Literally the first time my wife has ever seen me cry. When it was finished she kinda nudged me and said up until that point she thought I was an emotionless machine. Only real Hero's deserve a tear is what I told her.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This song is for all the servicemen and women. I didn't post the video because I'm sure it's a lot harder than most in here like. But the band is August Burns Red. The song is Ghosts. And this is how they feel because of us. (Well not this thread because we fuckin rock). We depend on them to die for us and forget what they lost doing so for us. Thank you again for everything you have done for us.

We are the ghosts of the midway, the beasts of the alley
We are the living dead, living in your nightmares
Scraping ourselves from the earth
Living as though we are dirt
Staring like you’ve seen a ghost
The lowest of the low, with nowhere to go

Back from the dead, now we’re groveling at your feet
Handcuffed for lying our heads as we’re withering in the streets
Back from the dead, now we’re groveling at your feet
Handcuffed for lying our heads as we’re withering in the streets

Fighting for your attention, begging for your generosity
Looking up just to see you turn your cheek on me
You walk on by like I’m invisible (invisible)
All I want is to be seen as an equal

We fought your battles, and we built your homes
Sorry if I disturbed you
I just wish we could live like you do

Even in our most beautiful days it’s dark
Just look at the world around you
There’s a consequence for what we do
Pass judgment on me as you walk
Picture-perfect ain’t my obsession
You can’t sum up my life from a first impression
Learn your lesson

Act like you know me, but do you even know yourself?
When you got nothin’, you got nothin’ to lose
Act like you know me, but do you even know yourself?
When you got nothin’, you got nothin’ to lose

I may have no-one else to blame, but listen to me
You and I, we were once the same

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
@Pegleg Meg @Letitia9, I am on the hook for your contributions. Both of you hooked it up. Letitia sent juice, coils, wire and a Crius RTA. All of which were needed items. Meg sent an RDA and juice and some much needed and very thoughtful instructions on use. Will get these divided up into the boxes.

PIFMail04Sept18.jpg

One more box and will be here Thursday. Very exciting folks. Almost on the road.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Due to time strains, I let this thread go unwatched for a couple weeks and Holy Shit it Exploded! This is awesome!!! Love you guys <3

(FOUR BOXES EACH) LMAO!!!!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Did you break even for shipping charges, or do you need more "generous persons?"

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Due to time strains, I let this thread go unwatched for a couple weeks and Holy Shit it Exploded! This is awesome!!! Love you guys <3

(FOUR BOXES EACH) LMAO!!!!

Pretty awesome right? We are effectively packing up and sending away a vape store. Amazing what folks will do for good causes.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@Pegleg Meg @Letitia9, I am on the hook for your contributions. Both of you hooked it up. Letitia sent juice, coils, wire and a Crius RTA. All of which were needed items. Meg sent an RDA and juice and some much needed and very thoughtful instructions on use. Will get these divided up into the boxes.

View attachment 119170

One more box and will be here Thursday. Very exciting folks. Almost on the road.

What does "on the hook" mean? Like, you are now the responsible party?

Glad they didnt really go to NC lol

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
@B-boy™ and Verde Valley Vapes hooked it up in a big way and shipped out a big box of juice. Make sure and support these guys for their most generous contributions. They were under no obligation and they dove right on in like our other awesome supporters.

Image 2018-09-06 15-50-31.jpg

One of these bottles was leaking so I am going to determine which one and remove or repair it. It was sort of my fault as I dumped the box contents on the counter and a few rolled off, so I apologize for that to everyone involved.

With this box all contents expected are in hand, they have been divided up and all 8 boxes have been wrapped up and sealed. Postage will be purchased tonight and shipping information provided to all parties involved tomorrow.

The plan is to get it shipped tomorrow but it may end up being Saturday before anyone sees it move.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What's the plan for the prizes or whatever? Sorry to sound self-centered, just wanting info

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I mean like, is it one prize for one random person per team?

There will be two drawings. One Per Team.

Prize A- $25 GC for Pure Coils and $25 GC for Bull City Flavors
Prize B- $50 GC for purchase of in stock items at Absolute Wood

There is a link in the group chat to a spreadsheet showing prize eligible folks and who is in each drawing. Tonight my puppy is going to pick which team gets which prize and I will send that info to kingpin.

Whichever two folks win are going to get a bad ass prize either way so many thanks to @Absolute-Wood @CrazyChef v2.0 and @Roundhouse for providing these prizes.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Godspeed!!!!
Godspeed.jpg

Dropped at 08:30 CST. According to facility these will be picked up and start their voyage by 15:00 CST. These boxes are now out of my hands and we do the Fasttech dance. We wait................and wait...............

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
@KingPin! has been sent the names eligible for the drawings. Now that the boxes are doing what they are supposed to he can do the drawings when he has time today.

My puppy picked Prize B for Team Alpha and Prize A for Team Bravo. @KingPin! you are free to do your magic when you have a moment sir and thank you for doing that. Be on the lookout people, you may very well win a prize today.

Very exciting.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thank you so much everyone this has been a really lovely thing to follow, these troops will be blessed with each and every one of your heartfelt contributions.

In accordance with Jwills wishes here goes the roll

Contributors Team A

1- VAPEROXX
2- Mykreign
3- Letitia9
4- Chrisswearington4
5- Heartsdelight
6- Wildgypsy
7- Angelv942
8- Just Frank

B393A222-77B1-45C3-BCF6-39EC5D5BE9A6.jpeg

Congratulations @Angelv942 - 50$ Absolute Wood GC

Contributors Team B

1- Wtmke1
2- Pegleg Meg
3- gopher_byrd
4- miller
5- Hillbilly Pig
6- Teresa P
7- geoffd
8- Vape Fan
9- Gadget!

E08C32DC-A71F-4242-9FB2-593252944FBA.jpeg

Congratulations @Hillbilly Pig - 25$ BCF GC + 25$ Purecoils GC

Absolute-Wood

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Whoo Hoo! :bingo:

Congrats to @Just Frank on winning a $50 credit to absolute-wood.com for In-Stock Items! Even better, 'cause most items are on sale at 1/2 price!

Because I built the website (my first) with PayPal buttons, I have no way of providing the ability to input a "gift certificate". No worries though - just PM me with a mailing address and what you would like (most items are numbered), and I'll take care of the rest.

Remember, you can apply your credit for shipping as well. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll get them answered.

If you click here, you can choose several categories by clicking on the appropriate button.

Again, thank you to all the contributors - you guys rock!

Rick

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There are many winners in this project!

The two teams out in the wilds of Afghanistan were the biggest winners of course! @JethroP and @amincey34 and their teammates get to enjoy our tokens of appreciation for what they are doing for us!:hug::blowkiss: Please send us pictures when you get your care packages from mail call! Seeing your smiling faces will be my biggest reward!
:vapemail:

@Just Frank and @Hillbilly Pig from the drawing. Congrats!:vino:

@jwill for creating this project. You were the Project Manager from start to finish and should be proud of what was accomplished in a relatively short time. What started out as a project to get some DIY juice to the guys snowballed into something bigger than anyone could imagine.:cheers: Honorable Mention to your wife for putting up with that big pile of stuff in the house!:hearts:

Everybody who participated in this project are also winners. We get the satisfaction of knowing we did something to bring joy to the hearts of those out in the field protecting us.:inlove:

All the vendors who contributed to our project are winners. I won't list them because I know I will miss one or more, but your contributions kicked this into the stratosphere!:stars2:

Last edited:

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tip from a Combat Veteran to all. Package your items well. The USPS uses the Air Force to get mail in-theater. And they are not normally gentle with mail...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I have mailed well over 200 packages to APO mailboxes for soldiers..get creative on the custom form....Ejuice=skin lotion...cotton/'bandages' (cotton should be fine...atomizer...maybe =die-tap tools.. Mods= industrial usb storage case...you get the idea.... Throw magazine in there too and list it.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I have mailed well over 200 packages to APO mailboxes for soldiers..get creative on the custom form....Ejuice=skin lotion...cotton/'bandages' (cotton should be fine...atomizer...maybe =die-tap tools.. Mods= industrial usb storage case...you get the idea.... Throw magazine in there too and list it.

There were many packages of "Liquid Vitamins, Nutritional Supplements, Handheld Video Games" sent to these fellows.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Cool! I didn't find your topic until today....my son is a marine..only child so all of his tours just set me on edge for past 14 years

Highly recommend going to the beginning and reading through. This has been a really cool thing. Everything came together, happened and we get to see what these fellows do with it when it lands on the other side of the pond.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Highly recommend going to the beginning and reading through. This has been a really cool thing. Everything came together, happened and we get to see what these fellows do with it when it lands on the other side of the pond.
I have..you did an excellent job organizing everything. And the team really did an awesome job of supplying everything. Keep me in mind for next one...I found this by accident today :(

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I have..you did an excellent job organizing everything. And the team really did an awesome job of supplying everything. Keep me in mind for next one...I found this by accident today :(

This was everyone who was involved that made this happen. It just truly is a cool thing. I have a feeling this will happen again and will be sure to give you a heads up.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
@Angelv942 pinged me a bit ago to remind me that he excused himself from the prize drawing beforehand and I forgot to take him off the list. As a result we are going to redraw for Team Alpha. Since he reminded me of this fact I asked him to redraw the prize for Team Alpha. Happy Friday everyone, you get a free roll of the dice. Good luck to you all.

Angel,

Here is your list sir.

1- VAPEROXX
2- Mykreign
3- Letitia9
4- Chrisswearington4
5- Heartsdelight
6- Wildgypsy
7- Just Frank

Lets see what happens.

VU Sponsors