JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Here we go again:

A 2016 report in Environmental Health Perspectives said the chemicals found in the butter flavoring for microwave popcorn are the same as those in e-cigarette oils. Workers who breathed in the flavoring while producing microwave popcorn reported severe respiratory diseases.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is vaping 100% safe?
Nope.
However it appears to be FAR safer than smoking.

Harm reduction not harm elimination.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Use of electronic cigarettes is growing but debate over whether they are a safer alternative to smoking tobacco or a viable option for those trying to kick the habit remains.
No, I'm sorry, that's like debating whether water is wet. We can debate just how wet it is, but not whether it is wet.

"Cigarettes are more socially acceptable because they've been around for years,"
Wut? I have never once had anyone complain about my vaping; not in a car, not in my office, not in my house. Why? Because it doesn't have a lingering, tobacco-smoke smell. In fact, when I vape unflavored (which I do most of the time when I'm out an about), there's virtually no smell at all.

"This constantly comes up in class. Because (electronic cigarettes) are not regulated by the FDA, we can't say if they're bad or good," Grossman said.
So without nanny state-regulations, you can't tell if a thing is good or bad?

But she's not afraid to give her personal opinion. She suggests those who want to quit smoking avoid e-cigarettes.
She should be fired from her position as a smoking cessation instructor for gross malfeasance.

"The use of e-cigarettes is too similar to the behavior you're trying to stop. It's the same hand-to-mouth coordination and oral fixation," she said. "Basically you're exchanging one habit for another."
Who said anything about wanting to stop the behavior? I enjoyed smoking. I just wanted to rid myself of the harmful side-effects. Vaping has accomplished that.

Did I mention she should be fired for gross malfeasance?

She also has concerns with oil flavorings.
I don't know a single e-juice supplier or DIY mixer who uses "oil flavorings".

However, 11 percent of high school students acknowledged they'd used electronic cigarettes in the last 30 days in 2016, compared to just 1.5 percent in 2011, CDC figures show.
How swell that she neglects to mention that the 11% is down from 15% last year, indicating that the fad among young people (most of whom were using zero-nic in the first place) has basically run its course.

/rant

VU Sponsors