Become a Patron!

Vaping makes me dizzy

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I just started vaping (yay). Vaping makes me feel incredibly dizzy. Im vaping on 18mg juice. I havent really smoked cigarettes before this (ive tried a few but i wasnt a smoker). I dont mind the dizziness, I actually quite like it. However I want to know why im feeling like that and if its something wrong with me?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are probably having a reaction to the 18mg nic in the juice, if you've never smoked before why vape a high nic juice?
They make zero nic , try some of that and I bet your dizziness goes away.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are probably having a reaction to the 18mg nic in the juice, if you've never smoked before why vape a high nic juice?
^^^ Yep That^^^ I agree 1000%.
Oh and drink lots of water when you vape dehydration can cause headaches too.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I started to vape with 18mg. I tried vaping my friends disposable e-cig and loved it. Then I bought two packs containing 5 e cigs each. Just recently I got myself an actual vaporizer and e-juice. Now Im used to the high levels of nicotine. I continued to vape because I have crippling depression and I have a lot of stress in my life, vaping seems to be the only thing that helps me. Well, that is, the nicotine. So I dont really want to lower my nicotine levels.

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know exactly what you mean about vaping being a stress reliever because that's why I started vaping too however, 18mg is a high nic content for a non smoker. I started at 6 and got that same head rush that you are describing. I am now at 1mg and I still get the relaxation benefits without the head rush or throat hit. Good luck with whatever you choose to do but it wouldn't hurt to cut your nic in at least half on the next batch and see if it makes a difference.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know exactly what you mean about vaping being a stress reliever because that's why I started vaping too however, 18mg is a high nic content for a non smoker. I started at 6 and got that same head rush that you are describing. I am now at 1mg and I still get the relaxation benefits without the head rush or throat hit. Good luck with whatever you choose to do but it wouldn't hurt to cut your nic in at least half on the next batch and see if it makes a difference.
Great advice there.However IMHO the OP would be better off with 3mg max for non-sub tanking lots of places now have 1.5mg too which is what he should aim for as max on sub-ohm or RDA...Cheers!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I started to vape with 18mg. I tried vaping my friends disposable e-cig and loved it. Then I bought two packs containing 5 e cigs each. Just recently I got myself an actual vaporizer and e-juice. Now Im used to the high levels of nicotine. I continued to vape because I have crippling depression and I have a lot of stress in my life, vaping seems to be the only thing that helps me. Well, that is, the nicotine. So I dont really want to lower my nicotine levels.
I understand about stress..believe me when I say the amount of stress I was under driving a 18 wheeler in Long Island traffic or NYC was over the top..stress levels were high, and vaping did indeed help, but not with 18ngs of nicotine in my juice... Certainly not enough to make me dizzy! What a threat I would be rolling down the interstate at 70 mph behind the wheel of a 40 ton big truck if vaping too much nic made me dizzy! Wow!...I cut my nic back to 5 mgs and in 2-3 good deep lung hits I was good..That was vaping a .2 ohm build at 65w or so with the IPV3/Arctic subtank...Dizzy can be dangerous no matter how much stress you're under...I would try cutting back in your nicotine in the juice you're vaping, and maybe upgrade your equipment...just a thought,

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Grimwald

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
18mg is what would be suggested for a pack a day plus smoker. That's way more than you need. 6mg or less would be appropriate for what you're trying to achieve IMHO.

I was a 3 pad smoker and started with 18-24mg liquid. 2-3 months, after getting away from cigarette, that 18mg was making me dizzy and I had to start cutting back.

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well, I have tried 6mg and 12mg, and Im getting zero throat hit from that, which is what I feel like relaxes me. However my vaporizer right now is a really crappy one, and thats probably why. Im getting a much stronger, better quality vaporizer soon though, maybe ill take down the nicotine some then. Anyway, thanks for the comment :)

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I understand about stress..believe me when I say the amount of stress I was under driving a 18 wheeler in Long Island traffic or NYC was over the top..stress levels were high, and vaping did indeed help, but not with 18ngs of nicotine in my juice... Certainly not enough to make me dizzy! What a threat I would be rolling down the interstate at 70 mph behind the wheel of a 40 ton big truck if vaping too much nic made me dizzy! Wow!...I cut my nic back to 5 mgs and in 2-3 good deep lung hits I was good..That was vaping a .2 ohm build at 65w or so with the IPV3/Arctic subtank...Dizzy can be dangerous no matter how much stress you're under...I would try cutting back in your nicotine in the juice you're vaping, and maybe upgrade your equipment...just a thought,

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Yeah, its most likely my really shitty vaporizer that is why I cant feel any throat hit if I use anything below 18mg juice. Im getting a new, high quality one soon, and Ill cut back on the nicotine then. You say that dizziness can be dangerous but how so? Im curious to know exactly why its happening to me and the dangers of it. Thanks for the comment mate

Chrystalic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
18mg is what would be suggested for a pack a day plus smoker. That's way more than you need. 6mg or less would be appropriate for what you're trying to achieve IMHO.

I was a 3 pad smoker and started with 18-24mg liquid. 2-3 months, after getting away from cigarette, that 18mg was making me dizzy and I had to start cutting back.
Its really just my shitty vaporizer that doesnt produce any throat hit unless im vaping with 18mg juice I believe. Ill be getting a new, high quality one soon, and then ill cut back with the nicotine. Because regular cigarettes were 18mg (although im no smoker), and because my friends e-cigs were 18mg, I thought getting 18mg juice was good. Apparently not haha x'D

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, its most likely my really shitty vaporizer that is why I cant feel any throat hit if I use anything below 18mg juice. Im getting a new, high quality one soon, and Ill cut back on the nicotine then. You say that dizziness can be dangerous but how so? Im curious to know exactly why its happening to me and the dangers of it. Thanks for the comment mate

There is nothing dangerous about it. Everybody, when they first smoked or chewed tobacco, gets a bit light headed and maybe a little nauseous. That goes away for the most part when you get used to nicotine. When you start to feel dizzy, just hold off vaping till it goes away. I vape 8mg and keep some 12mg in a tank for when I'm under stress or just want a bit stronger nic fix. I still get a bit nic sick if I chain vape too much.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is nothing dangerous about it. Everybody, when they first smoked or chewed tobacco, gets a bit light headed and maybe a little nauseous. That goes away for the most part when you get used to nicotine. When you start to feel dizzy, just hold off vaping till it goes away. I vape 8mg and keep some 12mg in a tank for when I'm under stress or just want a bit stronger nic fix. I still get a bit nic sick if I chain vape too much.

There may be a bit of risk for lung problems in the long term with vaping, nobody knows yet, but the risk is considerably less than smoking cigs.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You say that dizziness can be dangerous but how so?
It's always a bad thing to feel dizzy,with vaping it usually means you're at the point of becoming sick from too much nicotine and/or you've become dehydrated.
The cure for both is easy drink some water and chill on the vaping.
By the way as a vaper you should always have a bottle of water on hand.

VU Sponsors