Become a Patron!

Vaping "long" term side effects?

I've never smoked a cigarette, but I've been vaping for about a year now. I primarily vape on mech mods with low ohm builds. I know people who keep saying "you don't know what the long term side effects of vaping are". After a year, I haven't noticed any negative changes in my physical condition. Has anyone experienced any side effects after years of vaping? Do you think vaping has long term side effects?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I've never smoked a cigarette, but I've been vaping for about a year now. I primarily vape on mech mods with low ohm builds. I know people who keep saying "you don't know what the long term side effects of vaping are". After a year, I haven't noticed any negative changes in my physical condition. Has anyone experienced any side effects after years of vaping? Do you think vaping has long term side effects?

While the true long-term effects are indeed unknown and to me it's only logical that not vaping is the best strategy, though there are valid reasons for a non-smoker to vape.

As a former 37-year cigarette smoker, I'm betting my life that whatever long-term effects are discovered - after vaping has been around for decades -will not come anywhere near to the known harms of smoking

My health has improved dramatically and measurably (like, my doctor sees it) since making the switch

Heck, even when I dual used for three years, my health improved just by smoking less

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Ive been vaping for over a decade now and I am in better shape than I was when I was smoking. I also rarely get sick and feel better than ever.

nvaksman

Member For 3 Years
have trouble with breathing. Vaping for 4 years. MTL tried DL and got difficulty breathing and chest tightness. Was using ccell coil at 22w .5 ohm for a few weeks. Stopped using it and still have the problem. Sore throats and chest tightness.
Anyone has experience similar? Please share

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Stopped using it and still have the problem. Sore throats and chest tightness.
Anyone has experience similar? Please share

Was does your Doctor or a Pulmonologist have to say about about your condition? Where you a smoker? Ever exposed to harmful chemicals or carcinogens during your work life?

nvaksman

Member For 3 Years
I’ll see doctor in 10 days. My last checkup was ok 6months ago. I smoked for many years but according to a publish study vapers improved their copd after three years quitting cigarettes. I worked with bad chemicals in my twenties for years. After I had a desk job.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’ll see doctor in 10 days. My last checkup was ok 6months ago. I smoked for many years but according to a publish study vapers improved their copd after three years quitting cigarettes. I worked with bad chemicals in my twenties for years. After I had a desk job.

I recommend you seek a Medical Opinion with Chest tightness being a symptom maybe you should think about a visit to the Emergency Room as that could be a symptom associated with a heart problem. I am not a Doctor and do not play one on the Internet. Good Luck

nvaksman

Member For 3 Years
I just did the cardiology pat test. No problem found. Just before my condition started. Today I had ct scan. Can wait for results

VU Sponsors