Become a Patron!

vaping is saving my life

mammado

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
started smoking at 13 I quit at 43 the day my starter kit came.. I smoked 2 pad I also was on 2 different inhalers for my breathing and was doing 3 breathing treatments a day. Smoking was killing me. Its has only been 17 days and I no longer need breathing treatments . vaping saved my life

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And it only gets better from here... :)
It's the simple things that amaze me. It's wonderful to finally be able to take a deep breath and hold it for more than a couple seconds without choking, and it's great that I can actually taste my food. I'm sure anyone would agree with those; but the simple things that make me smile....walking through the bread aisle at the grocery store. Did it always smell that good? Walking up the road to the mailbox...that's about a quarter mile walk to and from for me, but not only do I make the "journey" without gasping for air, but I can smell the flowers, the grass (just intoxicating after it's freshly mowed), and actually enjoy my view of the mountains while I'm walking, instead of wondering if I'm going to make it back without collapsing.
You've done yourself a wonderful service, and one you won't regret. ;)

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vaping changes lives in so many ways. In monumental ways such as your story and in the little ways expressed by Teresa P. Very pleased to read your story thank you for sharing it. Long may your health continue to improve :)

noejuice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
got a little weepy on this one; I also had a forced switch over

mammado

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't even believe the changes in my life already. Today my daughter made me cry. She was showing her ducks chickens and goats at the fair and she hugged me and said thank you for not leaving me today. . this was the first time in her life that I wasn't running back to the "car" every hour.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good story, it's amazing the difference it makes when you quit smoking. Glad you found vaping in time.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Congrats!

The bad news is when your sense of smell comes back and you get to smell those 2 packs a day in your home and your car:gaah:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats!

The bad news is when your sense of smell comes back and you get to smell those 2 packs a day in your home and your car:gaah:
I sold my car. It was that bad. :confused:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Congrats!

And when you walk thru the parking lot and smell all those other smokers in their cars!!! PEEEE-U! It proves to me just how much my husband really loves me, he put up with that stench for 27 yrs! And now that he doesn't have to be around 2nd hand smoke at all, even his sense of smell is improved!

Andria

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I lost count of how many times I've apologized to my husband for ever wearing that stench. And he replies "You know I have to love you if I'd kiss an ashtray..." (referring to my mouth...lol!)

mammado

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Omg I need to apologize to my ex husband . ugh I hadn't even thought of that. Lol

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know my (ex family)neighbors had a shelf that they gave me. It was seriously a dark, dark brownish black. She (the wife) was an extreme smoker like 3-4 packs a day. I wanted the shelf as I needed more space to put my stuff so I grabbed a spray bottle of Mean Green (Dollar General 1$) and got an old ice cream buck full of hot water. I sprayed the shelf and wiped a damp rag over it and behold! a white shelf emerged!!!! It took it took 6 gallon ice cream buckets of water to fully wipe it down... Then I went over it one last time... UGH it was sooo nasty!!! But now its nice and clean (except for dust lol!!!)

mammado

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes the crazy cleaning has started here. I'm constantly walking around sniffing things .my daughter laughs at me. My sense of smell hasn't totally returned yet so I have to get in close to sniff things.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes the crazy cleaning has started here. I'm constantly walking around sniffing things .my daughter laughs at me. My sense of smell hasn't totally returned yet so I have to get in close to sniff things.

Even before I quit smoking, my husband swore I could smell a gnat fart. Now he says I can smell a gnat's fart from 4-5 houses down the street. :D

Andria

mammado

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol. Right now I'm thankful for my lack of sense of smell. I'm spending lots of time in a poultry barn. This probably isn't the appropriate place to share this but I'm a proud mamma so I can't help myself. My daughter's ducks took best waterfowl and reserve waterfowl and reserve grand champion best of show of all poultry

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have to say, that's really the ONLY thing I miss at all about smoking, how it insulated you from bad smells. Sometimes I LONG for that insulation... but not enough to start smoking again. :D

Andria

VU Sponsors