Vaping in Co - The Boulder Vaping House & Winter Park then Fraser

Jonnymac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Guys,

Aloha from your neighbourhood friendly Irishman!

I've just come back from a short trip that took me fairly far afield and thought I should post the mis-adventures of a vaping wanderer. I'm going to leave out the various encounters with airport security or any action that could possibly ill-construed, this is after all a public site, and get straight to the point.

First of all there is no e-cig juice in Denver airport and in any case you can't vape inside. Second of all, if you happen to be picked up straight from the airport from an international flight and be whisked away to Winter Park (apparently skiing types and fitness/hiking types do this - a set of people, which while I have met a few and enjoyed their company I am decidedly not an element) you could save yourself quite a bit of trouble by asking whoever is driving or receiving you at the other end to pick you up your juice from the Boulder Vapor House. But more on them later.

My advice comes from not wishing you to arrive in Winter Park and end up walking through the entire town looking for juice. The Conoco in Winter Park has disposables but you will be assured that there's a place 'down the road on the right' that stock the bottles. As friendly as the Conoco staff are, they will assume you are in a car which is probably not a problem for most Americans but turned out to be something of a small issue for the road-hitting Irishman who indeed 'walked down the road' and a half an hour later still finding myself in the middle of nowhere started laughing to myself a little hysterically frightening the cows in the field next to me. They moved away, no doubt aware that I was a foreign alien and a tad on the strange side.

The place in Fraser is called Tabernasty, it's a head shop and the owner is a fantastically jovial and friendly woman. She's also marked her hours on the door as being 'Twelve-ish to Seven-ish'. So be warned.

On my last day I managed to finally find one of those famous American vape-shops and discovered The Boulder Vaping House. These guys are great and there's absolutely nothing short of the experience that I wouldn't describe as welcoming, unpretentious and incredibly informative. When I walked in the fella behind the counter did start telling me all about what vaping was, which made me smile but let's face it, most people still aren't completely aware about what's going on with us ex-smokers, right? I let him get back to his other client (a mother who was choosing new juice; family place - a tick; hot mother - definitely a tick). Then Kevin came out from the bar space where they usually have the tastings and started about finding me some juice.

Kevin is a brilliant salesman. He's not pushy, he knows exactly what he's talking about and he knows about his products inside out, back to front, sideways and best of all, he's looking for you to leave the shop with a purchase happy. Kevin listened to me saying about how I have difficulty finding the vaping community in Paris, trotted out plenty of juice for me to taste, answered all of my ridiculous questions on mechanicals, rebuildables, showed me models. Airport security being what it is I only bought a drip tip before I left but I'll be getting in touch and giving them some business. They've got a great selection, they've gone the whole hog and stock all sorts of stuff that I've never seen anywhere but online, the space is really well curated with all sorts of perhaps local artists (I didn't want to ask more questions), and later when the owner was around he was just a cool guy who had found his niche in vaping and was happy to share.

Guys, if you ever read this, I can't recommend the work you do enough. Please keep it up and let's hope that the next time I'm in Boulder you're a thriving success and still chilled enough to rock it with newbies.

VU Sponsors