Become a Patron!

Vaping Gear, Airport TSA, any problems?

spikebites

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am going to fly from LA to NY in a few weeks, and I had a few questions about my vaping gear and flying.

Any precautions? How should I pack my gear? Do I have to put the items separately on the xray scanner? Do I have my juice in my liquids container?

Will any of my gear explode during flight or will the liquids expand? Will TSA give a crap about any of the items?

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just got back from a round trip to Vegas. I had no issues at all. Theres tons on the net about how to travel with your devices and juice, but the basic rules are:

Pack all devices on your carry on, don't stow them away.

Pack all batteries on your carry on, don't stow them away either.

Charger can be packed in either carry on or stow away.

Juices you carry must be in 100ml bottles or smaller, and sealed inside a ziplock bag. These can be in your carry on or stowed away.

If you are carrying tools, pack them in your stow away. (Scissors, pliers, ect)

Some no nonsense recommendations:

Double bag your juices. You don't want that mess on your shit.

If you carry multiple toppers, double bag those as well.

Your atties "may" leak due to the change in air pressure. My buddies sub tank mini leaked out the entire tank in his bag. My lemo 2 and my Thunder Tank did not leak at all. I suggest just before you go to screening you remove all toppers and, again, bag em in zip locks. Just in case.

Don't vape in the airport, unless there's a legit indoor smoking area (LAS has one). Don't vape on the plane, period. Punishment for this is 100% the same as being caught smoking.

Safe trip!

VU Sponsors