Become a Patron!

vaping brewed tea

this could sound foolish, and i searched all over the internet and found no info on this.

i'm particularly interested in camomile tea for it's calming and relaxing effects.
should i be fine if i brew my own camomile tea (organic camomile, no tea bag) and putting it in my subohm tank or my RTA?
maybe mixing it with some PG/VG for better smoke?
couple of puffs before bed cause i have troubles getting to sleep.

again, this could sound totally foolish but i really found no info on topic on internet so i'm asking here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't do it..

I am sure you can find articles not written by any lab or dr that will tell you it's fine..
but with the tea concentrates from FLV and they are safe to vape.. I would stick to companies that vapers use.

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
this could sound foolish, and i searched all over the internet and found no info on this.
so i saw this dry herb vaporizers people use to vape on all sorts of herbs.
i'm particularly interested in camomile tea for it's calming and relaxing effects.
should i be fine if i brew my own camomile tea (organic camomile, no tea bag) and putting it in my subohm tank or my RTA?

again, this could sound totally foolish but i really found no info on topic on internet so i'm asking here.

Drink your tea - don't try to vape it. Chamomile has natural oils that are not meant for your lungs.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Theoretically, is it possible?
Yes.

Back when vaping was still 12w mods and Mech devices, people were vaping all sorts of things, from biological fluids to lord knows what.

Is it a good idea?

NO ITS NOT

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Theoretically, is it possible?
Yes.

Back when vaping was still 12w mods and Mech devices, people were vaping all sorts of things, from biological fluids to lord knows what.

Is it a good idea?

NO ITS NOT
Mmm biofuel. Oh you said fluids. My bad. Lol

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

If you are truly interested in this, I'd look at doing a long steep with a chamomile tea bag in PG and see how that works as a DIY ingredient

I know some were experimenting with DIY coffee flavor from beans for a long while

My concern on that was the natural oils in coffee more than anything

With vaping, you should never ever produce smoke, only vapor

Smoke is produced when something is combusting or actually on fire

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I think the term you'd want to research before trying this is: Lipid Pneumonia

It's what happens when people vape shit that ain't meant for vaping.
mostly oil. (natural oils)

I am sure you will find some rare random nutjob on here that will say that they vape oil all the time and are just fine.
They have just been very lucky so far.

People DIE from Lipid Pneumonia

***As long as the tea DOES NOT have natural (or artificial) oils in it then you may proceed***

You can make NET (Naturally Extracted Tea) eliquid.

You want to empty the tea into an air tight container with PG only.
Shake the mix every once in a while and after a week or two the PG should be dark like the tea.
Strain the tea infused PG into a container.
You may have to repeat this process another time or two in order to get all of the tea flakes out.

Save the tea infused PG and use it just like you would a regular flavoring agent in your DIY mix.

Start off with a small amount like 5% then move it up if necessary.

I think the term you'd want to research before trying this is: Lipid Pneumonia

It's what happens when people vape shit that ain't meant for vaping.
mostly oil. (natural oils)

I am sure you will find some rare random nutjob on here that will say that they vape oil all the time and are just fine.
They have just been very lucky so far.

People DIE from Lipid Pneumonia

***As long as the tea DOES NOT have natural (or artificial) oils in it then you may proceed***

You can make NET (Naturally Extracted Tea) eliquid.

You want to empty the tea into an air tight container with PG only.
Shake the mix every once in a while and after a week or two the PG should be dark like the tea.
Strain the tea infused PG into a container.
You may have to repeat this process another time or two in order to get all of the tea flakes out.

Save the tea infused PG and use it just like you would a regular flavoring agent in your DIY mix.

Start off with a small amount like 5% then move it up if necessary.

i was hoping i could brew my own chamomile tea and vape it as it is but looks like no.
was looking for some quick way to relax/get sleepy.
sometimes i'll drink cup of chamomile tea before bed but it does nothing for me.
and chamomile i get is organic and comes in whole flowers (minus petals).
so i know it's real quality stuff, not bagged tea with all sorts of aditives.

been suffering from insomnia for 14 years now.
and i'm always looking for some natural medicine, that's how i got this idea, maybe inhaling chamomile would act different then drinking it.
sadly natural medicine never helped, and i have my prescription ambien - now that is real drug and does real damage to the body.
but i couldn't live without it.
writing this as i woke up in the middle of the night, been unable to get back to sleep and i have long day ahead of me.

melatonin makes me drowsy whole following day, and it does nothing to get me to sleep, nor gives me good night sleep.

just now i had another idea, i ground some of my earlier mentioned chamomile, rolled it like it was tobacco and smoked it.
no noticeable effects, now i'm gonna try go back to sleep and see did it work.

well, it actually worked lol gave me couple of hours of really deep sleep.
i smoked one cig of pure ground chamomile and noticed that draw in is very hard.
so after that one i rolled another one mixed with tobacco.
that one was easier to draw.
i also vaped 3 mg juice in combination with this.
as soon as lay down i noticed my heart was racing, but then my breathing calmed down, i could feel relaxation.
next thing i know, my wake up alarm was ringing, woke up energetic and ready for whole day of rat racing.
but nevertheless, i need to research this further.
i think it is not placebo effect, but then again i could be wrong.

so if vaping chamomile tea was harmful because of oils, what about smoking it?
will combustion destroy those oils?
at this point i don't really care anymore, if cig of chamomile before bed will help me, i'll do it.
couldn't do more damage then ambien.

VU Sponsors