Become a Patron!

vaping beginner... need advise

hey guys i am trying to get into vaping but dont know too much about it. just need help selecting a good decent priced vaporizer that isnt too expensive.. something for a beginner like myself. Also if you guys have websites or vapor dealers u would reccommend online. and also if you have any advise for me on the topic of vaping in general..... much appreciated.....

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Check out the VTC kits, the suboxs.
Both are reasonable priced to get into it.
Very flexible for starters.
Juice well depends on how much you want to spend.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What are ur thoughts on the kanger emow starter kit?
Honestly for a social vaper not bad.
For someone quitting smokes.. that battery is going to drive you up the wall.

Check out the Kanger subox mini.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
101vape.
vapenw
origin vape
cigabuy
fasttech
vaperdna
a few others.

101vape

VU Vendor Employee
VU Vendor Employee
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get the majority of my hardware from you guys.
Never bad CS, the only downfall is lack of funds and USPS dropping the ball in CA.

Yeah, well hopefully it gets better when we have self-driving cars and drones delivering our products. ;)

thedogofdoom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a relatively experienced vaper. I've learned the basics at least. I have a friend who wants to quit smoking. I'm planning on bringing her to my favorite/cheapest vape shop this coming Sunday, only, I'm not sure how to help her, because I haven't paid much attention to the cheap stuff in a while. She's looking to stay in the $50 range for her first set up + juice. I know my first setup was around $40 and that thing sucked. So, any suggestions for getting her a half decent set up at that price and avoiding a crappy pen like my first one?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a relatively experienced vaper. I've learned the basics at least. I have a friend who wants to quit smoking. I'm planning on bringing her to my favorite/cheapest vape shop this coming Sunday, only, I'm not sure how to help her, because I haven't paid much attention to the cheap stuff in a while. She's looking to stay in the $50 range for her first set up + juice. I know my first setup was around $40 and that thing sucked. So, any suggestions for getting her a half decent set up at that price and avoiding a crappy pen like my first one?
Go online if you want to keep it cheap - you can get mid-level stuff that blows the basic units out of the water for the same price or less than what you'd pay in a store. That said, there's something useful in a first-timer being able to look at and touch a product before buying it. If you go with a web store, there are some good ones mentioned here already.

All Your Base...

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Get a 100w regulated mod, an RDA, get acquainted with ohms law and steam-engine.
Experiment for a few months until you know what you're doing.

Simple golden rule for beginners: Don't build below 0.5ohms and make sure your battery is 30A

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get a 100w regulated mod, an RDA, get acquainted with ohms law and steam-engine.
Experiment for a few months until you know what you're doing.

Simple golden rule for beginners: Don't build below 0.5ohms and make sure your battery is 30A
This, except the 30a part - you don't need a VTC 3 or 4, a 20A battery will worm fine regulated and above 0.5.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first sub-ohm mod was the Kangertech SubBox Mini and I would highly recommend it for beginners. It is easy to setup and understand. I bought one for my wife and you can't pry it out of her hands. They are great and inexpensive. Buy you a couple of Samsung 25R 18650's and some juice and get vaping !!!

All Your Base...

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This, except the 30a part - you don't need a VTC 3 or 4, a 20A battery will worm fine regulated and above 0.5.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

That's true, but for a true beginner, just thought he'd need a bit more extra slack in the battery. Just in case.

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's a great price but I've never heard of efun until recently what's their reputation like can you vouch for them?
I bought an egrip from them last month. great price and fast shipping. just check if it's coming from their US warehouse if you want it quick. the vct mini is, i'll probably get one myself at that price

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought an egrip from them last month. great price and fast shipping. just check if it's coming from their US warehouse if you want it quick. the vct mini is, i'll probably get one myself at that price
Thanks looks like I'll be adding some bookmarks.

I just bought the eVic-VT and I am new to vaping so excuse the ignorance of this questions. My vape is hitting very harsh and hurting my throat. The settings are as follows:

450 temp
35 watts
0.18 ohms

Now I swapped out the tank and used my friends and it hit so smoothly with no issues so I'm assuming it may be the juice I'm using, but can someone please confirm this?

I am as well new to this, I've tried the penlike ecigs but didn't like that to much. I have a subox nano on the way right now via mail &am looking for some accessories for it like the tank bands and silicone case but I would like to get a lanyard for it but have no clue what I'm lookin for!! everytime I search it just brings me to lanyards that are for the pen like ecigs.. could anyone help me out with a decent priced lanyard via web that would work for the subox nano or know what kind of lanyard fits it...

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just bought the eVic-VT and I am new to vaping so excuse the ignorance of this questions. My vape is hitting very harsh and hurting my throat. The settings are as follows:

450 temp
35 watts
0.18 ohms

Now I swapped out the tank and used my friends and it hit so smoothly with no issues so I'm assuming it may be the juice I'm using, but can someone please confirm this?
What tank/topper were you using before switching to your friends tank?

VU Sponsors