Vaping and stomach upset.

Discussion in 'Vaping Health Related' started by nvaksman, Jan 30, 2019.

1. nvaksman

nvaksman New Member

Blog Posts:
    I am vaping for about 4 years. Not new to vaping. I have mostly vaped MTL style. I have problems with my stomach, mostly diarrhea and nausea. My juice is 90%VG.
    I can’t tolerate PG, don’t like the taste and throat irritation. So be short, is there others experience diarrhea and other digestive symptoms?
    Thank you

2. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Go see your gastro doctor; after you see cardiologist for your heart problem you think relates to vaping; and doctor for breathing problem posts you relate to vaping in other threads

Or maybe you just need to find a good gerontologist

Honestly, I really don't believe vaping is at the core of any your ailments you keep posting about :hug:

3. nvaksman

nvaksman New Member

Blog Posts:
    I am seeing gastro doctor and take medicine that cost a fortune, but nothing helped. Also I had c-diff, and after I got FMT no longer. My stomach is screwed since and not getting better. My step son also developed diahrrea. He claims when he stopped vaping stopped.

4. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Then maybe follow your son's move and stop vaping for a couple days. See if that helps

darrylrobin.pautz likes this.
  5. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Almost every single prescription med lists diarrhea as a possible side affect

As long as no one goes back to smoking -

A lot of people blame their ailments on vaping as an excuse to go back to cigarettes

6. nvaksman

nvaksman New Member

Blog Posts:
    I am not. Just looking for a solution to the problem. No way I pick up a cigarette again.

2WhiteWolves and Smoky Blue like this.
  7. nvaksman

nvaksman New Member

Blog Posts:
    So, no one on this forum developed diarrhea when vaping?

8. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Never had it from vaping -

2WhiteWolves likes this.
  9. nvaksman

nvaksman New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the reply. Hope to hear from more people.

10. Smoky Blue

Smoky Blue VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    How much nicotine are you using? Might be time to lower your level.

That is one symptom of nicotine being too high.

If it isnt that.. go see your doctor.. expecting a diagnoses online is like talking to Dr Phill :p

inspects, SpectoVia and JuicyLucy like this.
  11. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Actually my IBS got a bit better after I started vaping.
    Take no meds for it aside from an occasional immodium.

Vaping makes my feet stink though.
    But the rest of me smells better so all good :D

Huckleberried, inspects and MrMeowgi like this.
  12. nvaksman

nvaksman New Member

Blog Posts:
    3% strength

13. nvaksman

nvaksman New Member

Blog Posts:
    I am not expecting any diagnosis. Just want to know if others get upset stomach from vaping high VG.
    Thank you guys.

14. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:
    Short of going to the dr, which sounds like you should.. drop the nic.. see what happens.
    Perhaps you can not manage nicotine in your system

Are you mixing or are you buying premade juice?

So many factors.. very little explanation..

15. nvaksman

nvaksman New Member

Blog Posts:
    I am mixing. And also used to buy but not much of a difference. As for doctors and pills, I have enough.

16. Smoky Blue

Blog Posts:
    Make sure if you use anything liquid, you shake the bottle before adding to the bottle you are putting together.
    As well as the juice you have mixed.

It could be nicotine or flavors that upset your stomach, but that is like so rare.. Go see your Dr.

17. DogMan

DogMan VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    yep

Dr

gastro issues/the runs are one of the first signs of heart issues. The hollywood clutching at sore chest are full of shit. Particulaly if you are sweaty and/or clammy

are you still smoking at all? symptoms of quitting, with or without vaping include the runs or constipation. I barely pooped my first 6 months vaping

18. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I personally cannot say if vaping high VG causes me increased loose bowels or not since when I vape anything over 60% VG I start hacking up VG.
    I vape 50/50.

Wb80 likes this.
  19. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've vapes 80/20 since I started. Dropped to 70/30 over time for the congestion thing. Only reason I would have the stomach issues is 2 or more pots of coffee a day

JuicyLucy likes this.
  20. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I like to vape a lot before bedtime as I'm falling asleep, and often it gives me heartburn, so I keep Prilosec beside the bed.. and that seems to fix the problem.

21. obijuan77

obijuan77 Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I could be wrong but isn't VG a natural laxative?

Maybe reduce your VG?

Huckleberried likes this.
  22. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    You are correct. VG is a natural laxative.. but I only know that that is the case if you swallow some. I am not sure that vaping it would cause any problems. Hmm...

23. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    It sounds like dehydration to me

24. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Yes.. I am always thirsty, every single place I go I have to make a fresh drink first in my really good thermos and take it with me because I have to drink something or sip on something constantly. I am making or getting my one shot made at the same recipe as the manufacturer does, because I called them yesterday and told them I've been having some problems since I had been making it myself with concentrates and they said they were not allowed to tell me what kind of PG and VG that they use, but she said maybe to try another kind of PG. My order from nicotine River comes tomorrow, so hopefully that will be a change from what my friend has been using, if that has anything to do with it. I'm using it at a 50/50 ratio which is more than I thought that I ever had before, but I bought it for several years from the manufacturer and they did verify for me that that is the ratio they use also, which is why the girl said maybe it is the brand. I do feel dehydrated though also. Even though I drink liquids all of the time.

25. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Never tried the Soy VG myself and from what I have heard about it do not want to.
    Always used Palm derived VG.

On PG I do not think there is really any difference as long as you get the USP grade.

dez likes this.
  26. Daniellife

Daniellife New Member

Blog Posts:
    Smoking, on the contrary, reduces the chances of indigestion.
    Maybe try another vape liquid?

27. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Can you explain that science ?

dez likes this.
  28. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    Mustard does too. Maybe he needs to vape some mustard Milk. :teehee:

29. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Pepto ejuice?
    Malox mint?

MrMeowgi likes this.
  30. dez

dez Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:

31. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    It is slick. So I could see that

32. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Not supposed to eat the stuff, just inhale it.

33. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    Makes the colon a smooth operator

34. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    VG is also used for lubricating other areas....

MrMeowgi likes this.