Vaping and right side pain.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I'm 50 yrs old started vaping thinking it would be way safer than smoking.
I had quit smoking cigarettes for over 10 years only to pick up something I used to enjoy thinking that it was safer, it would be way safer, well after what I've experienced now I'm thinking it's not. I have had my gallbladder removed and I just had my appendix removed 8 weeks ago now I have what feels like could be an ulcer below my rib cage or between my ribs I had to have a CT scan and that was okay and I had a long x-ray but I'm going to tell you I do not think these are safe long-term if they are used short-term to quit smoking fine but not to pick up like I did I feel like a dummy so I have quit cold turkey I tried to take a nicotine piece of gum and it is really bad on my stomach went down and hurt right away I hope this helps I just would not do it if I had to do it over again. I used fin ecigs..
But I know I smoked them way to much. To addicting.

So you joined VU today just to spam your biased, undefindable scare story :confused: ?!??

How do you justify blaming gall bladder and appendicitis on vaping????

You cannot back that up one bit :facepalm:

Lips hurt from vaping

Does Vaping cause pain? Sore muscles, ache body

My mysterious cough!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had quit smoking cigarettes for over 10 years only to pick up something I used to enjoy thinking that it was safer, it would be way safer, well after what I've experienced now I'm thinking it's not. I have had my gallbladder removed and I just had my appendix removed 8 weeks ago now I have what feels like could be an ulcer below my rib cage or between my ribs I had to have a CT scan and that was okay and I had a long x-ray but I'm going to tell you I do not think these are safe long-term if they are used short-term to quit smoking fine but not to pick up like I did I feel like a dummy so I have quit cold turkey I tried to take a nicotine piece of gum and it is really bad on my stomach went down and hurt right away I hope this helps I just would not do it if I had to do it over again. I used fin ecigs..
gallstones don't come from the gallbladder they come from the liver..alot of people who have their gallbladders removed experince the same suffering they did before their gallbladder was removed...because they don't cleanse their livers....I think you are not investigating to thouroughly what your problem could be..

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Neither the gallbladder nor the appendix have the slightest thing to do with vaping.

Andria
we don't know that....we just don't have any idea what long term effects are....though I agree I find it difficult to imagine how they would be,

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh God Dammit... Not a-fucking-gain. :blah::wait::crazy::slowclap::facepalm::grumpy:

Trolling Dumbass.... :kickbutt:GTFO!!!!!!!:gaah::cuss2::bs::snapoutofit::soapbox::wtf:
Hey..... we should respect people's right to make their own decisions about their own health....after all...isn't that what we want.....whether you want to napalm your body with chemotherapy,,, or pray..or hold a sing..it's up to you...if these people think vaping is causing them problems...let them quit, with best wishes....I suspect however their problem isn't going to go away by stoping vaping.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey..... we should respect people's right to make their own decisions about their own health....after all...isn't that what we want.....whether you want to napalm your body with chemotherapy,,, or pray..or hold a sing..it's up to you...if these people think vaping is causing them problems...let them quit, with best wishes....I suspect however their problem isn't going to go away by stoping vaping.
True but they don't have to plaster the same message all across the forum ;)

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Why hello again Shannon. I see you are still here. Dear Shannon, I really don't know what to say. You seem convinced that vaping has destroyed your life. But I do see you did not have a happy experience with nicotine gum either. Are you just a basically unhappy person? A real fault finder? Are you possibly addicted to misery as well?

Or might you be a vapochondriac. Vapochondria is a well known yet difficult to comprehend neurosis whereby vapers irrationally attempt to connect all manner of aches, pains and medical conditions to vaping - that they never would have given a thought to blaming on smoking. There is no known cure, although temporary relief can be obtained by applying a crash course in applied logic.

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1j3rmv5.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had appendicitis when I'd been a smoke-free vaper for 4.5 months. It never occurred to me to blame it on vaping -- though I confess, I spent 24 hrs cussing that Sonic chili dog before the pain got so bad I knew it was no fucking chili dog at fault. :giggle:

Maybe it was because of my Irritable Bowel Syndrome, yeah, that's the ticket. :rolleyes:
theliar.jpg

:giggle:
Andria

ShadowMelt

Member For 4 Years
To all, I simply asked for experiences. Im seeing a doctor and getting advice about my issue and decided to come here to see if anyone on this here (I thought to be awesome) forum had this experience. I'm not going to sit here and be giggled at everytime I open a damn email from this damn ass site.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To all, I simply asked for experiences. Im seeing a doctor and getting advice about my issue and decided to come here to see if anyone on this here (I thought to be awesome) forum had this experience. I'm not going to sit here and be giggled at everytime I open a damn email from this damn ass site.

I believe that this is the OP whom people have been addressing
Shannon3343 said: ↑

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

grow a thicker skin and develop a sense of humor...or go back to the ECF safe space.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Nobody is laughing at you, Shadow.
We're actually quite a helpful bunch..But like @Whiskey explained
there are other people in this thread who are either not serious
or ANTZ, or they're asking plainly silly questions.

ANTZ is what we call agent provocateurs who work for the tobacco and/or pharmaceutical industries
who have been doing their damnest to cast a poor light on vaping and vapers.

Hang loose and relax, Bro. By comparison this is an awesome forum.
Get well and Vape on!
Hazy

ShadowMelt

Member For 4 Years
grow a thicker skin and develop a sense of humor...or go back to the ECF safe space.
First it was fine but it kept going on and on and on. It gets old then it gets under my skin. So I see it's like I have to take take it or leave? Is that what you are saying sir?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

ANTZ is what we call agent provocateurs who work for the tobacco and/or pharmaceutical industries

Get well and Vape on!
Hazy

Totally agreed. Certainly there are some physical effects of vaping, which have a different impact on different people; some of it is because of quitting smoking, which if done for decades, definitely has a huge impact, both the smoking and the quitting... and vaping itself has some effects that have to be adjusted to, adjusted for (nic level, PG/VG ratio, dehydration issues, amount of vapor one can tolerate, MtL or DL, and a lot of others). The real problem is what Rickajho called vapochondria -- the blaming of vaping for everything from oily hair to butt pimples to ingrown toenails, and pretty much everything in between -- as he so rightly says, things we would never think to blame on smoking, but now, probably because of all the FUD being shelled out by all the ANTZ, silly people start blaming it all on vaping, and it's really ridiculous.

But having a mysterious situation for which you have no real explanation, and wondering if it might be related to vaping... that's perfectly understandable, and no one is laughing about that.

Andria

ShadowMelt

Member For 4 Years

Get well and Vape on!
Hazy
Thanks man:)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First it was fine but it kept going on and on and on. It gets old then it gets under my skin. So I see it's like I have to take take it or leave? Is that what you are saying sir?

no, what I'm saying is you went off half cocked...people weren't even addressing your posts they were addressing the posts of another member...besides why don't you just speak out and clarify your point instead of stewing on it and then getting pissed off...and for fucksakes don't call me "sir"....chillax...besides it's totally acceptable to tell people to fuck off when it concerns your own health.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hiya @ShadowMelt I wasn't addressing you! it was the other person whom I was addressing. They have been posting the same message all across the forum driving some of us a little batty. Nah you are totally cool man. :) Oh and take Pulse with a grain of salt, its kinda easy to get triggered by his words BUT he's very informative and helpful (even if he can seem kinda grumpy :p ) :teehee::teehee::teehee: :devil:

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not attacking vaping.

Of course you aren't. Two whole posts to your, credit, on a vaping forum, and it would seem that you don't vape.

And by an astonishing coincidence, we are also graced with the presence of Shannon3343, with a whopping 7 whole posts to her name. Who also does not vape. And feels compelled to cast aspersions on Ecigs on a vaping forum.

Do you two really think that we have not seen the likes of you before? The urban myths about the grizly ecig deaths, on FriendFace "tell as many people as you can, pass on how dangerous they are blah blah".

Pathetic. I could tell you about my clear chest X-Rays, after decades of smoking, or how my three cardiologists supported vaping over smoking, but I realize that you are not remotely interested.

Why would you be? Big Tobbacco/Pharma won't pay anybody to support ecigs, ecigs are costing them too much in lost sales of either cigarettes, or all the drugs used to treat the effects of cigarettes, or all the ineffective pills, gums, and patches that won't get you off of cigarettes..

Patches? We don't need no stinking patches...

But they WILL pay their little sock puppets to attempt to influence public opinion. How much per post are you paid? Or maybe you get free cigarettes, or they give you a break on your cancer meds if you post enough.

Perhaps, somebody is yearning for advancement in their chosen profession as a FDA Tax Tic.

Who knows? In any case, go fuck yourselves. Shame on you for diminishing all the harm reduction that ecigs provide.

Last edited:

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man:)

No sweat, Bro.
I get that you saw the emailed posts and wondered WTF, but if you read the other posts
in this and a couple other health related threads you'll see there's a chick running around cross-posting about how vaping ruined her health and maybe even popped her cherry.

It's all good. Keep seeing your doc and you'll figure it out
but other than raise your blood pressure if your nic is high
or dehydrate you I don't think the problem is vape related..but one never knows.
If you find it to be please let us know.

Regards,
Hazy

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
if these people think vaping is causing them problems...let them quit, with best wishes....I suspect however their problem isn't going to go away by stoping vaping.

I suspect they never vaped at all. Who joins a forum dedicated to an activity they are quitting? As far as their plethora of problematic pathology? Pathetic.

A Grey's Anatomy fan could concoct far more convincing crap than their contrived, cretinous connivance's.

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Or might you be a vapochondriac. Vapochondria is a well known yet difficult to comprehend neurosis whereby vapers irrationally attempt to connect all manner of aches, pains and medical conditions to vaping

I'm afraid I must dispute your diagnoses Dr. Rick. Clearly this poor woman presents as suffering that most terrible of afflictions, Munchausen by Sub-Ohm Syndrome.

After confirming her condition by differential evidence based diagnosis,and considering the massively contagious nature of this disease, I would admit her immediately, assign her a private room, and prescribe for her an intensive dietary treatment consisting of nothing but Pancakes, Waffles and Pizza.

This treatment can in no way be expected to diminish her symptoms, But it is all I can think of that will fit under the door.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm afraid I must dispute your diagnoses Dr. Rick. Clearly this poor woman presents as suffering that most terrible of afflictions, Munchausen by Sub-Ohm Syndrome.

After confirming her condition by differential evidence based diagnosis,and considering the massively contagious nature of this disease, I would admit her immediately, assign her a private room, and prescribe for her an intensive dietary treatment consisting of nothing but Pancakes, Waffles and Pizza.

This treatment can in no way be expected to diminish her symptoms, But it is all I can think of that will fit under the door.
:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hiya @ShadowMelt I wasn't addressing you! it was the other person whom I was addressing. They have been posting the same message all across the forum driving some of us a little batty. Nah you are totally cool man. :) Oh and take Pulse with a grain of salt, its kinda easy to get triggered by his words BUT he's very informative and helpful (even if he can seem kinda grumpy :p ) :teehee::teehee::teehee: :devil:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just thought I would add to this thread. I had a major Gallbladder attack and had to get a fast keyhole lap performed last Friday. It was from .....gallstones. I vaped that morning and when I got home from surgery. I really hope people can look at the factors behind diseases and conditions and then discuss with their doctors.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just thought I would add to this thread. I had a major Gallbladder attack and had to get a fast keyhole lap performed last Friday. It was from .....gallstones. I vaped that morning and when I got home from surgery. I really hope people can look at the factors behind diseases and conditions and then discuss with their doctors.
Damn, woman. Hope you're on the mend :hug:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now some advice. Peppermint tea is your friend, a pillow for any coughing, sneezing or sitting on the toilet just to fart is your best friend, and also burping you will love your pillow.

Get a heating pad, trust me on this that pain is going to fuck with you like no one's business.

French fries, most chips and anything with cotton seed, canola, soy or corn oil is going to cause you to explosively shit napalm in a short amount of time. Fried anything is going to garner the hot trots faster than dominos pizza.... meaning 30 minutes or less.
Some seeds and nuts will mess with you also, reintroduction slowly is the key. Fiber is your friend.

Start carrying a back up pair of drawers, some cleaning wipes also since you never know.

Trusting a fart ever is long gone, even if you think you might just have to pass some gas be on a toilet...trust me on this, saves laundry costs, being humiliated and or royally shitting yourself in a horrific fashion in public. (I will admit I had this happen recently and hit so quickly there was not an ample amount of time to react)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Now some advice. Peppermint tea is your friend, a pillow for any coughing, sneezing or sitting on the toilet just to fart is your best friend, and also burping you will love your pillow.

Get a heating pad, trust me on this that pain is going to fuck with you like no one's business.

French fries, most chips and anything with cotton seed, canola, soy or corn oil is going to cause you to explosively shit napalm in a short amount of time. Fried anything is going to garner the hot trots faster than dominos pizza.... meaning 30 minutes or less.
Some seeds and nuts will mess with you also, reintroduction slowly is the key. Fiber is your friend.

Start carrying a back up pair of drawers, some cleaning wipes also since you never know.

Trusting a fart ever is long gone, even if you think you might just have to pass some gas be on a toilet...trust me on this, saves laundry costs, being humiliated and or royally shitting yourself in a horrific fashion in public. (I will admit I had this happen recently and hit so quickly there was not an ample amount of time to react)

This explains a lot

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

for christsakes....all that even AFTER you've had the surgery....except for the pain it sounds even worse than having the damned gallstones.... I had a ultrasound in September, and was told my galllbladder was full of lots of small gallstones.and I had to have surgery...I decided not to.....I changed my diet drasticly, cut out wheat lots more veggie, lots more fermented foods, no animal fats..just fish or chicken breasts. occasionally...preformed about 6 liver/gallbladder flushes, and lots of coffee enemas,did a parasite and heavy metals cleanse....I try and stay on my diet but I've experimented reintroducing new foods ...just to try them, though I don't make them part of my regular diet...but so far I can eat,chips,fried foods, I've eaten french fries and even had a cheeseburger....(.I've eaten only about 1 1/2 pounds of beef since september....) ice cream, cheese, nuts......they only things that seem to give me a slight unease is...eating resturaunt food....I suspect it has to do with them using bad oils...canola, or corn oil.....and peanut butter doesn't seem to agree with me.....and I've lost about 30 pounds since september. I'll probablly never go back to the diet I ate before I was diagnosed with gallstones, but for about 4 months there I was eating like a buhddist monk on half rations. at least now I have alot more options ...

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
.all that even AFTER you've had the surgery
It doesn't last forever, but yeah, in the beginning, you do have to learn what your body will tolerate, and how to eat. Better than not keeping anything at all down.

His descriptions are always so cleverly colorful :D

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh Artemis:( Many hugs:hug:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
for christsakes....all that even AFTER you've had the surgery....except for the pain it sounds even worse than having the damned gallstones.... I had a ultrasound in September, and was told my galllbladder was full of lots of small gallstones.and I had to have surgery...I decided not to.....I changed my diet drasticly, cut out wheat lots more veggie, lots more fermented foods, no animal fats..just fish or chicken breasts. occasionally...preformed about 6 liver/gallbladder flushes, and lots of coffee enemas,did a parasite and heavy metals cleanse....I try and stay on my diet but I've experimented reintroducing new foods ...just to try them, though I don't make them part of my regular diet...but so far I can eat,chips,fried foods, I've eaten french fries and even had a cheeseburger....(.I've eaten only about 1 1/2 pounds of beef since september....) ice cream, cheese, nuts......they only things that seem to give me a slight unease is...eating resturaunt food....I suspect it has to do with them using bad oils...canola, or corn oil.....and peanut butter doesn't seem to agree with me.....and I've lost about 30 pounds since september. I'll probablly never go back to the diet I ate before I was diagnosed with gallstones, but for about 4 months there I was eating like a buhddist monk on half rations. at least now I have alot more options ...
I was good until feb 10th 2016. It hit, then ruptured and it was all she wrote.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was good until feb 10th 2016. It hit, then ruptured and it was all she wrote.
was it something out of the blue, or was it something that had been giving you trouble for a while.....I know for me looking back the signs were all there but I just ignored them or just told myself to suck it up.....bad digestion, bloating after meals, heartburn, unhealthy stools......I've been OK since september,but I had one episode that was pretty bad...I go back and forth about having the surgery,but I'm going to try my best to deal with it alternatively.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
was it something out of the blue, or was it something that had been giving you trouble for a while.....I know for me looking back the signs were all there but I just ignored them or just told myself to suck it up.....bad digestion, bloating after meals, heartburn, unhealthy stools......I've been OK since september,but I had one episode that was pretty bad...I go back and forth about having the surgery,but I'm going to try my best to deal with it alternatively.
itching and acne, always had bloat and gas.
The stone was out of the blue nad thr bursting of the gallbladder was REALLY out of the blue.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm good guys. :) I really wanted to keep the gallbladder but with having autoimmune liver disease it was causing a major flare and having a gallbladder attack that lasts days is horrible. I couldn't even walk due to the pain. I should have had the surgery last year but choose the wait and see. @BigNasty already had one of those episodes:) after eating a piece of cheese. The after surgery instructions should say no fat instead of low fat diet for two weeks. Are you back to normal?

I haven't felt this good in over 10 years. The horrible lower back pain left. I'm waiting for it to return. I had itching last night. Never had that before.

If anyone googles and comes to this thread. If you have right sided pain seek medical attention. It's not from vaping I can almost guarantee that. Get labs performed and a cat scan if your insurance will allow. Don't let a doctor dictate your health care. Be your own advocate and demand answers to what issue is at play.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm good guys. :) I really wanted to keep the gallbladder but with having autoimmune liver disease it was causing a major flare and having a gallbladder attack that lasts days is horrible. I couldn't even walk due to the pain. I should have had the surgery last year but choose the wait and see. @BigNasty already had one of those episodes:) after eating a piece of cheese. The after surgery instructions should say no fat instead of low fat diet for two weeks. Are you back to normal?

I haven't felt this good in over 10 years. The horrible lower back pain left. I'm waiting for it to return. I had itching last night. Never had that before.

If anyone googles and comes to this thread. If you have right sided pain seek medical attention. It's not from vaping I can almost guarantee that. Get labs performed and a cat scan if your insurance will allow. Don't let a doctor dictate your health care. Be your own advocate and demand answers to what issue is at play.

Wow - great testimony

Glad you are feeling better and hope you continue to improve :hug:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Artemis Nope just know how to tap dance around it tho. Been adding some digestive enzymes with ox bile to help.
Please do not totally cut the fat out you actually need medium chain and monosaturated fats to properly function mentally and biologically.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
After having had the same surgery 12 years ago, I've learned how to balance things out over the years. Some vegetables can mess with ya, too. I've learned that having something like a bread, pretzels, crackers... prior to that fatty food, can help. Of course, even how something is prepared can mess with ya. I no longer suffer from the description we've read above, lol. Just depends on how you eat, what you eat, and when. No longer a stay at home sentence :D

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
After having had the same surgery 12 years ago, I've learned how to balance things out over the years. Some vegetables can mess with ya, too. I've learned that having something like a bread, pretzels, crackers... prior to that fatty food, can help. Of course, even how something is prepared can mess with ya. I no longer suffer from the description we've read above, lol. Just depends on how you eat, what you eat, and when. No longer a stay at home sentence :D
Nah just like IBS folks you learn REALLY fast the bathrooms are.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
yeah I got alot of shoulder pain..apparently the stones can move around put pressure on the nerve....I haven't had that in a long time though....
Was the pain around the shoulder blade, just the shoulder or both?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was the pain around the shoulder blade, just the shoulder or both?
the pain is under the shoulder blade you can google it and it is one of the symptoms of gallstones they can show exactlly what spot it is. usually it is just one shoulder..feels like someone punched you right under the shoulder blade real hard. and it is constant. a note..gallstones are more frequent among women,

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
the pain is under the shoulder blade you can google it and it is one of the symptoms of gallstones they can show exactlly what spot it is. usually it is just one shoulder..feels like someone punched you right under the shoulder blade real hard. and it is constant. a note..gallstones are more frequent among women,
Ok, Thanks. Don't think it's stones.

Last edited:

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
My Elbow hurts when I pee, My Doc said my elbow is fine...

It must be vaping!

This thread has about as much to do with vaping as much as my elbows have the clap.

Take care of yourselves people, eat meat in moderation, eat lots of raw veggies, stay hydrated, not with pop or juice just plain old water and if you're craving some sweets have a piece of pie not processed junk.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors