Become a Patron!

Vaping and chest/nose/sinus congestion

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi fellow vapers, I am new to vaping and am coming from nothing. My wife smokes when she drinks, so here and there I used to buy a Blu E-cig and dabble with that if we had a night on the town. At one point I acquired a small E-go pen and vaped for a few months. This small, 15 watt device never really gave me any troubles with breathing. However, I just bought myself a Smok Osub mini and have been vaping for about a month. I direct inhale, and have worked my tolerance up to 40W with 80/20 liquid. About 2 weeks after I started, I felt some nasal congestion, and eventually some chest congestion. This went on for about a week or so, and got to the point where I was coughing a ton, and was full of mucus. I stopped vaping for 4 days and I seem to be clearing up. There was a cold bug going around my house, so I thought that is all it was, but now I question if this was from vaping itself. Has anyone else had this happen?

Timmerz

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
IF there was a cold bug going around your house, i would be more inclined to conclude that you had a cold. Although its not out of the realm of possibility that perhaps the flavor you where vaping was irritating to you.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I also vote for the bug.

On a side note, since I have been vaping I have gotten fewer colds and Zero Flue

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did u smoke?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

I am just a guy that was intrigued by vaping, but was not a smoker. I chewed tobacoo in my early 20s, and vaped a few blu e cigarettes, e cigars, and had a small low wattage E-go pen which i vaped about twice a week. Since getting my new mod, I am a daily vaper. I vape on the ride to and from work, and a few times throughout the day on weekends. I changed up juices a lot the first few weeks while attempting to find one that I really loved. When I started to get the symptoms, the one I was vaping I had been vaping for 2 weeks without any issues. It was a "king's realm" brand in the Empress, flavor. It was 80/20 mix.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well, start vaping again... lol see if it comes back

To be scientific about it, I planned on vaping again and seeing what happens with my lungs. And stick to one flavor for a while. Then if all is good, switch flavors and run it for a while...and so on. Then I can pinpoint if it was bad juice, just a cold that I couldn't shake, or maybe....the distant possibility that I am PG sensitive? I am really enjoying the vaping...and more or less enjoying the people of the vaping community! I don't want to stop. Since I started, I have met and spoke to some of the coolest people, and all of you have been very helpful. I appreciate it!

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Go to the Doc, best advice but I will offer a few things.

HIgh VG like 80% gives a lot of people chest/nasal congestion couple that with a bug that you most likely caught would explain a lot. I've never got sick from vaping in fact my lungs have shown significant improvement. So were I you I would just head to my Doc and get that bug knocked out then cut down on the VG some.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Since you never smoked, I hope to hell that you are vaping Zero Nicotine E-Liquid!:cuss2:

Granted that vaping is much, MUCH better than smoking but it is still not as good as fresh air.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since you never smoked, I hope to hell that you are vaping Zero Nicotine E-Liquid!:cuss2:

Granted that vaping is much, MUCH better than smoking but it is still not as good as fresh air.

I am vaping 3 mg for the most part. It really calms me down after a rough day of work and what not, so I don't really see myself backing it off too much. Been vaping for a month, and I don't feel the need to do it like I did when I was chewing back in the day.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bug, or no bug, my vote goes to direct lung inhale with high VG. A lot of people have posted about VG making them spit up phlegm.

JonathanJ

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
See I never have that issue. Max vg for me is much better

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bug, or no bug, my vote goes to direct lung inhale with high VG. A lot of people have posted about VG making them spit up phlegm.

If a lot of people have the reaction to it, how are the majority of the brands I am seeing an 80/20 blend? Does this wear off over time as the body gets used to it?

JonathanJ

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tbh dave, I just think you got a bug mate or youre body adjusting to going from never smoking to clouding it.

Timmerz

Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
If a lot of people have the reaction to it, how are the majority of the brands I am seeing an 80/20 blend? Does this wear off over time as the body gets used to it?

I think you just get used to it... i vape a LOT (60-120ml a day). When i smoked, i smoked a lot... my breathing is amazing compared to my smoker rattling nasty croupy sounding rasp. when i started smoking cigs years ago, i worked into it... when i started vaping, worked into it...

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got over a serous bug, started with PND, Turned into bronchitis!
I smoked for 10 years, even smoked with pneumonia (stupid I know). I Recently got in some new juice and the next day was sick was worried it was the juice LOL nope never, I figure if i can smoke 2 packs of marlboro reds for 10 years I doubt some ejuice or a E Cig is going to kill me or get me sick. I caught something and I am better now. I have noticed a weird aftertaste in my nose and throat when vapiong its smells or taste like sweet soap or something Sweet but It go away. If your ever worried vaping is making you sick, PLEASE just stop vaping.
Last thing we need is people blaming vape for there health issues, there already classified vaping as smoking here in NAZIfornia

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's just my own thought on the matter. The majority of us were smokers first, then turned to vaping. Many of us from a few years, or more, ago, were vaping nothing but MTL tanks, with much less power. Over time, the gear got better, tanks improved, people started using higher VG because clouds, bro, clouds! With that progression, a lot of people weren't experiencing these issues. I see it most frequently with newer vapers that jump in with both feet using high powered gear and tanks.

That's all my opinion, really. I started out a high PG vaper and have stayed that way, because VG leaves me feeling much like you're experiencing, no matter what type of gear I use.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's just my own thought on the matter. The majority of us were smokers first, then turned to vaping. Many of us from a few years, or more, ago, were vaping nothing but MTL tanks, with much less power. Over time, the gear got better, tanks improved, people started using higher VG because clouds, bro, clouds! With that progression, a lot of people weren't experiencing these issues. I see it most frequently with newer vapers that jump in with both feet using high powered gear and tanks.

That's all my opinion, really. I started out a high PG vaper and have stayed that way, because VG leaves me feeling much like you're experiencing, no matter what type of gear I use.
I definitely value your opinion! I am not rocking too high of power....but sub ohming at 40 watts is alot more vapor than many mods of even a few years back. I have a feeling diving into direct to lung vaping over a 3 week stint probably didn't help any of my matters, even if a bug was in me too. I am on day 5 no vape....little improvement in lung and nose congestion.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So.. like 7 days of this and little to no improvement ? Time to hit up a clinic and talk to the doc. At the least he'll stethoscope your breathing to check how bad it seems, maybe send you for a xray.
Hate to wreck anyone's snack time.. but check the color of phlegm and look it up on the net.. sometime's thats a hint.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So.. like 7 days of this and little to no improvement ? Time to hit up a clinic and talk to the doc. At the least he'll stethoscope your breathing to check how bad it seems, maybe send you for a xray.
Hate to wreck anyone's snack time.. but check the color of phlegm and look it up on the net.. sometime's thats a hint.
I never went to the Dr, about 9 days being sick then 2 to get well... Never went to Dr, just used tylenol for pain and NyQuil. Whatever it was, it really messes up your respiratory system, and throat, tonsils. My option which isn't much, the Dr can't do shit but x ray you, take ur blood and charge you hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Sent from a phone

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't plan on going to the doc. So far it appears that I got a chest cold and couldn't shake it in my normal 5 days because of vaping. No signs of actual infection or anything. Judging by the look of the mucus. I plan to start vaping in moderation and running the same flavor for at least a week. I will keep yall posted as I track down what is setting me off!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't plan on going to the doc. So far it appears that I got a chest cold and couldn't shake it in my normal 5 days because of vaping. No signs of actual infection or anything. Judging by the look of the mucus. I plan to start vaping in moderation and running the same flavor for at least a week. I will keep yall posted as I track down what is setting me off!

But you will ask advice on a forum and not take the advice to see your doctor, but just want to blame vaping. Ok then...........

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no need to go see the doc when you are able to talk to them on the phone...... he asked me if I had Green mucus or a fever. When I said no, then he told me there was nothing he could do with medicine to get this cleared up. The chest congestion is clearing up, but taking some time. I am indeed taking the advice that I was given. The majority of the people don't feel it is the vaping that caused it, and I don't think vaping caused it. I just think that my body was not used to it, and when I got the chest congestion, coupled with the vaping it made it more difficult to clear up. I didn't really dive into it slowly like I should have. I was MTL vaping with a small vape pen, and did this last winter for a few months with no issues. Once I got my new mod, I started doing direct to lung with 80/20 and 70/30 blends. I vape about 2-4 mL a day, but have had moments where I have done about 4 mL in a night with the 70/30 blend. I did this level of vaping for over 2 weeks before feeling anything.

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi PizzaDave- I think the title of this Op is what gets me concerned- you write" Lung infection" which usually means you go to a Dr or have been to a Dr, a lung infection is much more serious than a cold. I am glad to hear that you consulted a Dr, hope you are on the mend. I vape DL and use 3nic and pretty much a 30pg/ 70vg about 5-10 ml per day. I feel fine, but that's me. Everyone is different and maybe you need to experiment VG/pg levels, flavors, and maybe DL is too much, what coil are you using, I don't like Ni coils, seems to irritate my throat?
Does your wife smoke in the house, car or around you? I can't stand the smell of cigs any more , hard to believe after a 30+ year cig habit, right! Nothing makes me cough and feel sick as much as being around smokers.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi PizzaDave- I think the title of this Op is what gets me concerned- you write" Lung infection" which usually means you go to a Dr or have been to a Dr, a lung infection is much more serious than a cold. I am glad to hear that you consulted a Dr, hope you are on the mend. I vape DL and use 3nic and pretty much a 30pg/ 70vg about 5-10 ml per day. I feel fine, but that's me. Everyone is different and maybe you need to experiment VG/pg levels, flavors, and maybe DL is too much, what coil are you using, I don't like Ni coils, seems to irritate my throat?
Does your wife smoke in the house, car or around you? I can't stand the smell of cigs any more , hard to believe after a 30+ year cig habit, right! Nothing makes me cough and feel sick as much as being around smokers.

I am using a Smok Osub Mini. I have been running the .4 ohm coil that came in it at 30-40 watts depending on the flavor of the e juice I am using. I guess in hindsight, I should have put down chest congestion rather than lung infection in the post title. I don't want to blame vaping, on the contrary I am LOVING it, and want it to just be a bug. I don't want to stop.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I vape on a mech with dual coils at .5 ohms which is roughly about the same wattage as where you are at. And if I use anything over 50% VG I get all the symptoms you're describing plus a tightness in the chest feeling. I call it swamp chest because it feels all filled with muck and goop. But as long as I keep it at 50% or less I am good to go and usually vape about 10mls a day sometimes more depending on how long I am up. If you have the means to get some lower VG juice give it a shot.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How long does this "swamp chest" last if you stopped vaping? I have been off vaping for 5 days now, and it is still there. I was thinking I would see results quickly if it was from the vaping and not hang around so long. Unfortunate if i do have to change up my mix because I have 5 full bottles of juice....3 of them are 80/20 and 2 are 70/30.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
How long does this "swamp chest" last if you stopped vaping? I have been off vaping for 5 days now, and it is still there. I was thinking I would see results quickly if it was from the vaping and not hang around so long. Unfortunate if i do have to change up my mix because I have 5 full bottles of juice....3 of them are 80/20 and 2 are 70/30.

It goes away pretty quickly but you could be dealing with a compounding issue, which we can't say for sure because you've only talked to someone on the phone. Which in all honesty is about as good as looking on WebMD or something. Which is to say not much at all.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well... after 8 days of no vape I tried a couple of puffs tonight. This was a trial to see if it was the vape or a cold bug causing my chest issues. I can say with certainty it is something in the vape. I took 2 mediocre draws at 15w. I have been coughing up a lung for 2 hours since and it's clear mucus. Chest hurts, I have extreme teeth sensitive, back pain, and a headache. Vaped an 80/20 3mg nic lazy llama juice that I have had before without this quick of a reaction. Assuming the few weeks of vaping had got something in my lungs that I just have to clear out and stop putting back in.<br /><br />Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also....was at the dr. today for a consult on an upcoming surgery. He thought my chest sounded fine.... so I thought I was all clear and ready to try vape again. Since I am not addicted I think I am going to drop it all together instead of messing with different juices because of allergies or sensitivity. Doesn't seem worth it when I am always going to worry if the next $30 bottle I buy would set my lungs off....

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude, you never smoked before this and suddenly you're inhaling vapor into your lungs. Honestly, what did you expect? Of course vaping is going to irritate what were otherwise perfect lungs.

It's not the juice or the VG ratio or whatever it's just that you're pulling vapor into clean lungs. Severely high humidity will do the same thing. If you feel like you must continue vaping because you like it, then you'll have to let your lungs get used to it.

Most of us had lungs that were charcoal already which is why vaping helped us so much.

See what I'm saying?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
more background on his issue is also reported http://vapingunderground.com/threads/trouble-breathing-after-two-years-vaping.281688/#post-1418831 which was locked.

my response to you is simple your issue could be triggered by vaping but not a direct cause of vaping. rule out flavorings, rule out nic, rule out pg and vg ratios heck even rule out your atty but it seems to me you just want the cause to be vaping and blame vaping when there are a lot of factors which from what I have read you have not tried or are only just starting to rule out.

how can something happen if related to vaping simple. you could have a seasonal allergy which is made worse by vaping. you could have a sensitivity to any number of things in the vape juice. you said you used to MTl and now DL have you tried to MTl lately with the old setup?

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just read you were going to stop. That's probably the best thing you can do.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
more background on his issue is also reported http://vapingunderground.com/threads/trouble-breathing-after-two-years-vaping.281688/#post-1418831 which was locked.

my response to you is simple your issue could be triggered by vaping but not a direct cause of vaping. rule out flavorings, rule out nic, rule out pg and vg ratios heck even rule out your atty but it seems to me you just want the cause to be vaping and blame vaping when there are a lot of factors which from what I have read you have not tried or are only just starting to rule out.

how can something happen if related to vaping simple. you could have a seasonal allergy which is made worse by vaping. you could have a sensitivity to any number of things in the vape juice. you said you used to MTl and now DL have you tried to MTl lately with the old setup?
Last night I took 2 small puffs at 15w MTL. I planned on taking baby steps because like many have said......my lungs don't have years of smoking exposure to them so any change like a lot of vapor could set them off into defense mode. Sinuses must have gone into defense mode too.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sinuses must have gone into defense mode too.

me thinks you might have a post nasal drip or allergies then when i vape and when someone who like you never smoked vapes the only time the nose runs or reacts to vape is when there about to get sick or there hayfever is acting up.

i would advise getting a good allergy panel done. to rule out hayfever and ragweed plus any number of local airborne allergens

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I just read you were going to stop. That's probably the best thing you can do.

I coughed alot when I began vaping, but at that time I was using a high nic24 and high pg juice, plus coming off of a 30+ year smoking habit. I used the eCab and then my 20w iStick- no subΩ back when I started. I used the eLeaf GSair tanks with 1.5Ω coils at 12w MTL! Took me a good few weeks to work out that cough, but I knew it was my lungs clearing and I was getting used to vaping. I did not feel sick, just every time I took a vape, coughing would start, so I took shallower drags and got a higher VG liquid 50pg/50vg and lowered my nic down to 12 and that seemed to help.
Now skip forward to March this year after being cig free for over a year I decided to give subΩ vaping a try so I bought the Kanger DripBox and man I almost choked to death from coughing , I was using 30pg/ 70vg and 3nic, but had to practice DL- there was no way to MTL that thing! Once I learned to DL it the coughing stopped! I have been only subΩing since and all is good.
Maybe DL subΩ at 40w for a noob that never smoked, might be too much to handle for now? Maybe baby steps if this is what pizzadave wants to do for fun, I too would suggest no nic and more of a starter kit, that has a MTL hit and take it slow, since he didn't have trouble with his ego set, something similar would be better.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the advice guys. I did get rid of the osub. Was able to get what I paid for the thing. Thinking if I want to do it I better start with more of a pen style e cig and go mtl. If I even get into it again. I did some thinking and since I am not addicted to nicotine I might as well not stay getting addicted to it. I definitely miss the buzz though. It really was great during the commute home after a stressful day.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Thanks for the advice guys. I did get rid of the osub. Was able to get what I paid for the thing. Thinking if I want to do it I better start with more of a pen style e cig and go mtl. If I even get into it again. I did some thinking and since I am not addicted to nicotine I might as well not stay getting addicted to it. I definitely miss the buzz though. It really was great during the commute home after a stressful day.

Dave I think for now a great choice, I wouldn't want to keep doing something that made me feel ill, being sick is no fun and can be stressful. We all handle stress in different ways. If I had never smoked cigarettes, I would not be vaping, I tried cold turkey,Nic gum and patches- all failed for me, but vaping is the tool I needed to quit cigs and lower my nic level. I use vaping as a way out of my addiction to cigarettes. I know a commute can be stressful, I had a long commute when I worked and throw in asshats,snow storms, heavy rain and standstill traffic, I get it- not fun. Maybe the nic gum is enough of a buzz, I have a neighbor that uses a nic inhaler, no vapor and that works for him, or maybe the little cigalikes, or sugarfree suckers.
Hopefully now you will start to feel better.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As an update...I got a kanger evod. Running 50/50 0 nic juice and have no reactions with my lungs. This thing is easily a tenth of the vapor I was doing with my osub.....but I will keep everyone posted. I am doing this kind of as a scientific experiment just to see what maybe set me off. Early testing is suggesting the high level of vg. Too early to tell.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dave I think for now a great choice, I wouldn't want to keep doing something that made me feel ill, being sick is no fun and can be stressful. We all handle stress in different ways. If I had never smoked cigarettes, I would not be vaping, I tried cold turkey,Nic gum and patches- all failed for me, but vaping is the tool I needed to quit cigs and lower my nic level. I use vaping as a way out of my addiction to cigarettes. I know a commute can be stressful, I had a long commute when I worked and throw in asshats,snow storms, heavy rain and standstill traffic, I get it- not fun. Maybe the nic gum is enough of a buzz, I have a neighbor that uses a nic inhaler, no vapor and that works for him, or maybe the little cigalikes, or sugarfree suckers.
Hopefully now you will start to feel better.

As an update...I got a kanger evod. Running 50/50 0 nic juice and have no reactions with my lungs. This thing is easily a tenth of the vapor I was doing with my osub.....but I will keep everyone posted. I am doing this kind of as a scientific experiment just to see what maybe set me off. Early testing is suggesting the high level of vg. Too early to tell.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

Glad you decided to give it another try! Kanger Evod2 was one of my 1st kits- EVod2 tanks have a metal mouth piece and I still use those tanks with the Innokin iTaste 3.0 vv/vw http://www.ecigaretteempire.com/product-p/initvv30eskneenacbx.htm?1=1&CartID=1
These work great and this place was fantastic to deal with and a great price, get at least 2! These work so much better than the eVod battery and you can still use those tanks with this! I used to be able to get the eVod2 tanks in a 5pk for $5.00 at Vape Super Saver(Kanger dealer)
I think this is the way to go for you, and using the 50pg/50vg is good too in those tanks, could have been too high a vg or way too much vaper with sub ohm?
Everyone is different, some can sub ohm right off the bat- I worked up to it and it really wasn't available when I started vaping, and my hubby has been vaping for 2 years only uses the eLeaf 10w with eLeaf GSAir tanks and he doesn't like any of my sub ohm gear or high vg juice. I have a friend on another chat and all she uses is MIG Cigs and she loves those, for us whatever keeps us away from cigarettes is a plus, I don't care what it is!
https://www.centralvapors.com/eleaf-istick-10w-mini/ - eVod tank will work with the included adapter.
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Eleaf-iStick-Basic-Kit-p/elis-is23.htm - this is really nice too- MTL
http://www.rockymountainvapor.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_114&products_id=347

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad you decided to give it another try! Kanger Evod2 was one of my 1st kits- EVod2 tanks have a metal mouth piece and I still use those tanks with the Innokin iTaste 3.0 vv/vw http://www.ecigaretteempire.com/product-p/initvv30eskneenacbx.htm?1=1&CartID=1
These work great and this place was fantastic to deal with and a great price, get at least 2! These work so much better than the eVod battery and you can still use those tanks with this! I used to be able to get the eVod2 tanks in a 5pk for $5.00 at Vape Super Saver(Kanger dealer)
I think this is the way to go for you, and using the 50pg/50vg is good too in those tanks, could have been too high a vg or way too much vaper with sub ohm?
Everyone is different, some can sub ohm right off the bat- I worked up to it and it really wasn't available when I started vaping, and my hubby has been vaping for 2 years only uses the eLeaf 10w with eLeaf GSAir tanks and he doesn't like any of my sub ohm gear or high vg juice. I have a friend on another chat and all she uses is MIG Cigs and she loves those, for us whatever keeps us away from cigarettes is a plus, I don't care what it is!
https://www.centralvapors.com/eleaf-istick-10w-mini/ - eVod tank will work with the included adapter.
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Eleaf-iStick-Basic-Kit-p/elis-is23.htm - this is really nice too- MTL
http://www.rockymountainvapor.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_114&products_id=347
Thanks for the tips! Yeah. The draw on this tank is super tight compared to the osub. It still has good flavor which was one thing I was worried of losing. The exact model I have is a top evod...so filling is a lot nicer than those older tanks. Nice to see super cheap coils and tanks though. 1.7ml tank isn't bad either. I don't even vape a full tank a day, just on my commutes.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I like Kanger Tanks and coils! Right now my FAVORITE device is the Kanger NeBox! That does not ever leak for me and just love how it vapes! I have used this for months and it goes everywhere with me. It uses the SSOCC coils and the OCC coils I like the 0.5Ω ! I purchased these super cheap at $20.00 each(I have 3) and the coils are super cheap and long lasting too!
https://vaping.com/nebox?utm_source...box - 19.99&utm_campaign=Banner - Nebox 19.99
I buy my coils from kanVape(when on sale) or ebay, fasttech(when not in a hurry)
Using a small drip tip for MTL may help. Sometimes these drip tips with huge bore mouth pieces are too much!

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow that Nebox is a great price from them? Does the Nebox have internal charging or does it require a battery charging dock?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Wow that Nebox is a great price from them? Does the Nebox have internal charging or does it require a battery charging dock?
It takes an external 18650 battery and I bought a Nitecore battery charger from ecig.com for around $9.00, then I won the XTar Rocket here in VU!
I do use the battery port on the Nebox and charge that way too! That battery door screw threads can be a pain, but after a few uses it has become easier to use. I always leave the NeBox on its side and make sure coil is screwed in tight and on the bottom, and I get No leaking! Maybe they fixed that problem? Even when I throw it in my purse and stand it in my car cup holder no leaking, but for the most part I leave it on its side.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
That is one of the best prices I could find, had to buy 2 at that price, One black and one white! Quick shipper too, I think I had these in my hands within 3 days! Free shipping for $25.00 they had no coils so I just purchased 2 Neboxes, most places were charging this price for 1 Nebox.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which coils are you using? Was on kangers website and of the 4 listed Claptons seem to be the most well reviews... ceramic stainless nickel and Clapton wee all of the choices...Nickel I believe is what comes in it?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Which coils are you using? Was on kangers website and of the 4 listed Claptons seem to be the most well reviews... ceramic stainless nickel and Clapton wee all of the choices...Nickel I believe is what comes in it?

I use the Kanthal 0.5Ω SSOCC and OCC work in this. I used the Ni that came installed to try out temp control, but I am scared of Ni , never tried the Clapton or the Ceramic. I just use the Kanthal. Those other coils can get pricey and I usually try to have at least (10) 5packs in my cabinet of each tank I use, and I stick to kanthal, but maybe you might try the others?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

VU Sponsors