Become a Patron!

Vaping and chest/lung pain?

McNuggetLover

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Used to smoke cigeretts a while back and never would have lung / chest pains...
Been vaping for months now and all of the sudden it's rather painful to breath.
Has this happend to anyone else?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Not really. The only time I had issues was when I used a tank with a more restricted air flow and doing DL all day, that my muscles, responsible for breathing, were a bit sore. I don't have any other issues, even vaping 90VG juices.
If your problem persists, I'd rather see a doctor, than consulting a forum. ;)

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You've been 'vaping for months' and 'all of a sudden it's rather painful to breathe'?

Odds are it has nothing to do with vaping. Humans have a tendency to see patterns where there aren't any - 'A happened, then B happened, so A must have caused B'. As a nurse, I see it all the time.

What type of pain is it (dull, throbbing, stabbing)? Where exactly? Exactly when do you feel it (inhaling, exhaling, 'end of exhale', 'middle of inhale', etc.)? Do you feel it every time you do (whatever you answered in the previous question)? Does it hurt more/less when you are in particular positions (standing, sitting, lying down, etc.) or at different times of the day (morning, after dinner, etc.)? Need more info...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Different juice ratio? I discovered I can't vape juice with VG higher than 30%, but I'm more comfortable at 25%VG.

Follow up with what Barbara suggested, most importantly.

McNuggetLover

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You've been 'vaping for months' and 'all of a sudden it's rather painful to breathe'?

Odds are it has nothing to do with vaping. Humans have a tendency to see patterns where there aren't any - 'A happened, then B happened, so A must have caused B'. As a nurse, I see it all the time.

What type of pain is it (dull, throbbing, stabbing)? Where exactly? Exactly when do you feel it (inhaling, exhaling, 'end of exhale', 'middle of inhale', etc.)? Do you feel it every time you do (whatever you answered in the previous question)? Does it hurt more/less when you are in particular positions (standing, sitting, lying down, etc.) or at different times of the day (morning, after dinner, etc.)? Need more info...

Not really sure how to explain it..
It's like my Chest/Lungs feel really sore and hurt normally but when inhaling they hurt more.
It's painful regardless my position and all day.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You really should get that checked out, to be on the safe side, and to be sure you don't have some kind of infection.

McNuggetLover

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You really should get that checked out, to be on the safe side, and to be sure you don't have some kind of infection.

Yea, its pretty painful and hard to breath / do anything...
Sadly I don't have health insurance so I am screwd.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yea, its pretty painful and hard to breath / do anything...
Sadly I don't have health insurance so I am screwd.
You could be screwed worse if you prolong it, though. Don't know about where you are, but most docs here will offer a lower price for cash paying clients.

McNuggetLover

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You could be screwed worse if you prolong it, though. Don't know about where you are, but most docs here will offer a lower price for cash paying clients.

It's hundreds of dollars, I have no job or car and im young.
Tbh it does feel like I could keel over in my sleep but I don't have money for a doctor.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mine charges $50 for cash clients. If you feel that bad, you should probably go to the ER. They'll bill you. Or maybe talk to your parents. No disrespect, but you'll get more help there, than you would on a forum. This could be something non-related, there's just no way of knowing.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Painful/hard to breathe sounds like anaphylaxis. Which is VERY SERIOUS. Go to an ER. They have programs to pay for bills via grants. Trust me I've used many of them.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Not really sure how to explain it..
It's like my Chest/Lungs feel really sore and hurt normally but when inhaling they hurt more.
It's painful regardless my position and all day.

A doctor (which I am not) would have lots more questions? Where is the pain? Both sides? Front/back? Upper/middle/lower chest? Is it always a dull pain (sore) or do you ever have sharp, stabbing pains? Have you been coughing more than usual? Do you feel at all sick and/or have a fever? How long has it been going on? Any unusual physical exertion lately (even slipping and catching yourself before you actually fall can tear a chest muscle).

By the way, anaphylaxis does not cause chest pain, it causes difficulty in breathing because the airways (throat, bronchial tubes, etc.) swell, effectively narrowing the air passageway. It *is* life-threatening but this doesn't sound like anaphylaxis.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years

vaping is very very dehydrating.
both pg and vg are hygroscopic. they remove water/moisture from the lungs through a chemical conversion.
its most likely this.
or maybe an allergic reaction...but i'd say you are definately not drinking enough liquids to compensate for the dehydration.

FlavoVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Stop vaping and go to an ER. Chest pains are nothing to fool around with....come back and let us know if your ok.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seriously though, your handle and profile pic is of one of the most deadly so called "foods" on the planet. Anyone who regularly eats McDonald's would be an idiot not to consider that as a source of their health problems.

VU Sponsors