Become a Patron!

Vaping and Celiac disease

I just signed up for this site and upon entering, saw an advertisement for an ejuice that claimed to be gluten free. As someone who suffers from Celiac it was nice to see but alsona first. How common is it for juices to have gluten in them? I don't know why this didn't occur to me before, since anything that you injest, absorb could affect anyone with c.d. Could this be why I sometimes get a bloated feeling when vaping?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't think any ejuice had gluten. .. but it wasn't a consern for me.

I suppose bloated feeling could be celiac related. If a normal symtom... but it is also a symtom of too much PG or VG or nic to those that are sensitive to either.... I get such from VG over 50%.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This actually has never occurred to me. Working in food service, I'm aware of the wheat/flour aspects of gluten intolerance, as well as anything containing malt. As a mixer, I do use a malt flavoring in a few recipes, but had no idea that inhalation could affect one with celiac. To my knowledge, there are no flavorings that contain anything wheat based.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BTW - welcome to VU!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm tagging @HeadInClouds because of his extensive research and knowledge of our flavorings and bases. He has done wonders for our little community here, and if this is a concern he would be the one to advise. ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My atomizers are all Cholesterol Free.

I too was unaware of any Gluten in ejuice.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I just signed up for this site and upon entering, saw an advertisement for an ejuice that claimed to be gluten free. As someone who suffers from Celiac it was nice to see but alsona first. How common is it for juices to have gluten in them? I don't know why this didn't occur to me before, since anything that you injest, absorb could affect anyone with c.d. Could this be why I sometimes get a bloated feeling when vaping?
I would be surprised if many flavorings companies make juice in a gluten free facility. For someone with Celiacs if I were you I wouldn't assume any juice is totally gluten free unless the manufacturer stated so. Google gluten free ejuice, there are several that do indeed state that.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I would be surprised if many flavorings companies make juice in a gluten free facility. For someone with Celiacs if I were you I wouldn't assume any juice is totally gluten free unless the manufacturer stated so. Google gluten free ejuice, there are several that do indeed state that.
Well I stand surprised :D
I did a quick search and it appears that Capella and Flavourart say there flavorings are gluten free, and there may be others that state that as well. If you diy you can check for this. For prepared ejuice though would need to check with the manufacturer of that juice if they don't state gluten free.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm tagging @HeadInClouds because of his extensive research and knowledge of our flavorings and bases. He has done wonders for our little community here, and if this is a concern he would be the one to advise. ;)

Well, I've seen for years that FlavourArt flavorings are gluten-free (http://www.flavourart.co.uk/eliquid_information.html).

I see Capella says their "flavor drops" are, too (http://www.capellaflavors.com/flavor-drops-faq/#gluten) - but I'd verify with Capella's that whatever formulation you're using falls in their "flavor drops" category, if it's a health issue for you.

I don't know about any of the others.

And I have no idea whatsoever how/if vaporized flavorings with gluten could/would affect someone with celiac disease. I've never heard the question before!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I have no idea whatsoever how/if vaporized flavorings with gluten could/would affect someone with celiac disease. I've never heard the question before!

yes my question as well.
Celiac disease refers to the ingesting of gluten damaging the small intestine...

How would inhalation of gluten containing flavorings cause this issue?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My coils are free range, I know exactly where they're raised. They look so happy there in their natural home.

barbed wire.jpg

VU Sponsors