Become a Patron!

Vapeston Maganus Cloud Blaster A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Full Disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This tank was sent to me directly from Vapeston specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this tank a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.
526d860dc0ec94a671c59a7b0fb00215.jpg

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Nice packaging, beautiful layout. Everything is on one tier in the box. Tank looks beautiful sitting in the box. Looks very much like a TFV8 in size and shape.

What’s In The box:

In the box along with your Vapeston Maganus Cloud Blaster you will receive a smaller bore top cap, X3 RTA section (pre installed), .15 ohm X3 Turbo coil, .2 ohm X3 Turbo coil, spare glass, spare o'rings, spare post screws, a bag of cotton, user manual, and a set of Claptons. The tank comes with the wide bore top cap pre installed.
3deee8760d299b6be949a9f592dd4845.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

Right of the bat I am not a fan of the wide bore top cap. It’s just way to airy for my tastes. If you like a very airy vape you will absolutely love this top but it's just not for me. I prefer the smaller bore top cap. Both top caps have a fixed drip tip and I just hate when companies do that. I wouldn't have minded either top cap that much if they would have included a flat top cap that would allow me to use my own drip tips. The smaller bore top cap does accept a 510 drip tip but it's tough to find one that looks good on it because of the permanently mounted drip tip.
150f7c893ea422473f4c49912621b8a5.jpg

This is a top airflow only tank so all of the adjustments are made at the top of the tank. It does have dual airflow control with stoppers on each end. Since its a top airflow tank there is no leaking at all. The juice ports are big enough to accommodate any type of bottle. The top cap also has some knurling that definitely helps with removal and adjustment of the AFC.

The chimney is where the cloud Blaster shines. It has a dual chimney that allows the draw to travel downward through the coil and around the edges of the coil. It then travels back and delivers some flavorful vapor. The vape is surprisingly flavorful for a top airflow tank. If you follow me on this forum then you know I prefer bottom airflow but in the case of the Cloud blaster I can honestly say the flavor is on par with a bottom airflow tank.

The base is of course solid with no AFC. It has knurling on it and the inside is a cup like design. Whether you are using the factory coils or the RBA deck, they both screw into the base. On the bottom of the base it says designed by Vapeston and it has a stainless steel 510 pin.

The Coils And RBA Deck:

- .15 ohm and .2 ohm X3 Turbo Coils:

Both of these coils are very similar so I am going to cover them in one section. The .15 ohm coil is rated from 50-260 watts with a best rating of 90-180 watts. The .2 ohm coil is rated from 50-180 watts with a best of rating of 70-120 watt. Both coils also have a metal covering over most of the opening of the coils on the end that is closest to your mouth. What this does is it blocks the airflow going in and forces the the airflow down the side chambers of the coils. Then when the airflow is on the way up it comes up through the middle of the coil and grabs all of the clouds and flavor on the way up. For a top flow only tank these coils are very flavorful and cloudy.

The .15 coil gives great flavor and clouds. I will be honest, I am not sure about the rating though. I run mine at 80-100 watts and I get one fine vape but it is kind of warm. I tried it 150 watts and the vape was just way to warm for me. At 200 watts it was not my type of vape. It was not burnt and the wicking definitely kept up but I just don’t vape that hot and I find it uncomfortable. Overall though, the Cloud Blaster coils are very flavorful but in my opinion they give a very hot vape at 150 watts and above. Definitely hotter than say the Cigpet Eco 12 but in their defense I think the Cigpet/Smok style coils have more wire, airflow, and cotton in them than these coils. I am also comparing them to bottom airflow coils so the comparison may not be completely fair.
ee9b6d7aa8a0dfb591483361951eb8bb.jpg
70b2fab3d3025278ba83a12ffddb35d1.jpg

- The RBA Deck:

I love the fact that this is included in the purchase. I think every Sub Ohm tank manufacturer that has an available RBA head should do this. In fact when they don’t I always list it as a con. That being said, the included RBA deck is a standard velocity styled deck. It has some nice smooth threading and you can get some good sized coils in there. The grub screws are side mounted and the wicking holes are on the bottom of the deck. The deck has a screw on barrel that attaches to the conically designed chimney. The barrel has o'rings on both sides to protect against leaking and flooding. The deck itself sits 2 or 3 millimeters above the bottom of the deck platform. Technically its a GTA styled deck because of that. If you have built a velocity styled deck before than this deck will be familiar and easy to build. It wicks just like a Boreas or Aromamizer Supreme. Simply lay your cotton on the bottom of the deck and make sure it's covering the wick holes. Do not stuff your cotton in there. Unlike a typical GTA deck the cotton does not hang on the bottom of the tank. I thought the RBA was OK but the vape is very wet and saturated. Even with the smaller top cap the vape is just too wet for me. No matter which way I wicked it I just could not get a dryer vape. If you like really wet, thick, saturated, juicy, vapes than you will love this deck.
fec207d0e8ce8e9b78252c64657ad2e3.jpg
c3b6f77ec3d2fd1759defbdade478244.jpg
7ab146de0a0bcea24a3100418cad49d3.jpg

But Deuces, How Does She Vape:

I normally prefer RTA’s over Sub Ohm tanks. This tank does both but I prefer the factory coils over the RBA head. I just can’t dial in a vape I prefer with the RBA head. It’s just way too wet and saturated for my tastes. That’s just me though, I know there are plenty of vapers that love this type of vape but I am not one of them.

In my opinion the factory coils are where its at with this tank. I get a great vape from them and more importantly they have a nice range so I can really dial it in. Surprisingly I get great flavor as well. I say surprisingly because remember this is a top airflow tank. For me the only difference between the two factory coils are the clouds, both of them give great flavor. In fact for me this is more of a flavor tank than a clouds bro tank. Yeah, you can get up there with the wattage but this tank really shines at around 85 watts.

Right now I have the .2 coil in there at 85 watts. I have the airflow open halfway and the the small top cap on with a short black drip tip. This is exactly the way I like to run the Cloud Blaster and I am very satisfied with the flavor and vapor I am getting off of it.
765f0b1e62921b8761c60ce33ba7a6ee.jpg

Conclusion:

This is for the vaper that likes big tanks but does not really want to run them above 120 watts. The flavor is great and it is no slouch in the cloud department but for me they are definitely secondary on this tank. It’s a good quality tank that will provide the type of vaper I described with a very satisfying experience. It is also for the vaper that loves a wet, juicy, saturated, vape. If that’s your thing than just buy the Cloud Master for the RBA head alone. DeucesJack approved? Yeah, it is if you are the type of vaper I described. Is it groundbreaking or earth shattering? No, but let’s be honest those type of tanks only really come around once and awhile. All in all it's a good solid tank with lots of range and options. It has some cons but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. In my opinion it's a much better tank with the factory coils than it is with the RBA head.

If you found this review helpful please feel free to leave a comment, give it a like, and give me a follow. If you are a Vendor and would like a DeucesJack Review please PM me on this forum.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Pros and Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Pros:
* Flavor
* Does not leak
* Conical design
* Great coils
* Smooth airflow
* Quality machining
* Knurling
* Capacity
* Versatile
* RBA Deck included

Cons:

* Top caps
* RBA head
* Wattage range on coils are too high

Specs:

* 25mm Diameter
* 5mL Maximum Juice Capacity
* High-Quality Stainless Steel Construction
* Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
* X3 Turbo Coil Technology - 3-Cylinder
* 0.15ohm X3 Turbo Coil - rated for 50-260W
* 0.2ohm X3 Turbo Coil - rated for 50-180W
* X3 RTA Coil Head - Two-Post, Dual * Terminal Design
* Convenient Threaded Top-Fill
* Precision Top Airflow System
* Leak-Free Design
* Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
* 510 Connection

The Tank On Different Mods:

On The Ijoy Captain:
646ba1bcb71dbdb72fa620c0a26f01b3.jpg

On The Joytech Cuboid Tap:
5a6a181ef18c68668a43689737ab336a.jpg

On The Sx Mini G Class:
ba5f5ef139c892a2fd8173b362d47a00.jpg

On The Smoant Charon:
1c0b3b09866e93d5029fe840824ab5a7.jpg

On The Smoant Battlestar:
d1308a7ad3bdd28a800fcc405763ed6e.jpg

On The IPV Vesta:
7304461bfc991fd2d5b15b684a0dd5ab.jpg

On The Lost Vape Triade:
d5ffe98d0c22b21b199300b34c963170.jpg

On The Craving Vapor Hexohm V3:
e947d45aca0822dddb79240d016d793d.jpg

On The Smok GX35:
ec94d823f7b9baf27f9068017aa82ab6.jpg

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice review!

Right now I am into sub tanks again, hard to find the time to rebuild at the moment so this tank is on my radar.
Thx bro. It's a good one. So is the Pro Core Aries Joytech sent me with the Cuboid Tap. That review is coming soon.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good review.... Nice post holes.... I loved the old Maganus tank..... One Of the First subohms.......

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was looking at it the other night, and it looks like they included a set of Clapton coils for the RBA deck. Were there any coils in the parts bag with this?
Yes, they do but to be totally honest I have so many coils sent to me to test that I did not use the ones they sent. So I can't comment on how they vape but they do look pretty decent. Also, I only run SS in my tanks and Kanthal in my RDA’S. That little system just makes things easier for me when I'm testing TC in different mods. Lol.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, they do but to be totally honest I have so many coils sent to me to test that I did not use the ones they sent. So I can't comment on how they vape but they do look pretty decent. Also, I only run SS in my tanks and Kanthal in my RDA’S. That little system just makes things easier for me when I'm testing TC in different mods. Lol.
Thanks, bro.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I was looking at it the other night, and it looks like they included a set of Clapton coils for the RBA deck. Were there any coils in the parts bag with this?

I might get one mark so I'll let you know

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I want to stick it on this.....
59ac9e08790380beb67163a2864bdea5.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Is that the custom mod your mate was owing you a favour on manny looks the absolute nuts!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GREAT tank review, Jack:cool:
See now this tank is right up my alley,

Pros:
* Flavor
* Does not leak
* Conical design
* Great coils
* Smooth airflow
* Quality machining
* Knurling
* Capacity
* Versatile
* RBA Deck included

Most of the time, I like using the factory coils, top fill is a plus for me and the juice capacity is huge, best of both worlds because it includes the RBA deck. I have been using the Tobeco lately, I bet it would look sweet on my Nebula.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
GREAT tank review, Jack:cool:
See now this tank is right up my alley,

Pros:
* Flavor
* Does not leak
* Conical design
* Great coils
* Smooth airflow
* Quality machining
* Knurling
* Capacity
* Versatile
* RBA Deck included

Most of the time, I like using the factory coils, top fill is a plus for me and the juice capacity is huge, best of both worlds because it includes the RBA deck. I have been using the Tobeco lately, I bet it would look sweet on my Nebula.
Thx Whiskey. Yeah it does look awesome on the Nebula.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

BaronVonEyePoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Great review. After reading this review this tank is definitely going on my short list of future purchases. I love it when companies come out with really well built and designed crossover tanks like this. I usually just use the RBA but it's nice to have the option of throwing in a factory coil every once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great review. After reading this review this tank is definitely going on my short list of future purchases. I love it when companies come out with really well built and designed crossover tanks like this. I usually just use the RBA but it's nice to have the option of throwing in a factory coil every once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thx Baron, appreciate the kind words.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Open to US residents.....:( where's the love I thought our countries had a "special relationship" DJ! .....LoL
Lol, take it up with the big in the link. I'm just passing on the info.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I tell you what, this Lush Plus is legit. Really nice flavor. May be the easiest deck I ever built on. Wish it had a deeper juice well.

Yeah signman was saying that as well "nearly" talked me into it lol I've still got it on the maybe list only reason I didn't get it is because I do love me an rda that can bottom feed and was worried about juice capacity on this

VU Sponsors