Become a Patron!

VapersTek Throat-Hit Gone?

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I see that VT no longer lists TH nic liquid (or, momentarily, I'm hoping).

Does anyone know the story? Since they post here I hope we can get the info from the source.

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh no! I hope it's just temporary too - I was gonna order another couple liters at the end of this week.

:(

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone tried both NicSelect (say, from Nicotine River), and VT's throat hit? I'm wondering how they compare, and in particular if VT's throat hit has the same smell as NS.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought I was going crazy. I was just ordering my first batch of nic over the weekend (I spent a few days researching different suppliers) and I could've sworn on Friday or Saturday there was a TH nic available. I brushed it off thinking I was mixing my suppliers up, but this confirmed that it was indeed VT. I ended up ordering some premium nic from them last night. Can't wait 'til it gets here.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maybe he has some of that $125 a liter stuff sitting out in the sun so he can "make" some of the $25 a liter oxidized stuff. Give him a couple days. :rolleyes:

Hey, I'd rather pay another $20 a liter knowing that I'm not going to overdose on my nic. Blah, blah, blah test kit. I shouldn't have to rely on a nic test kit when buying from a "professional." Also the $20 alone would be worth the difference in shipping time. VT got here in 3 days. From what I hear, NN can't even process an order in that time. Plus, from what I've read here, VT's TH appears to be better than NN's premium. :D

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, I'd rather pay another $20 a liter knowing that I'm not going to overdose on my nic. Blah, blah, blah test kit. I shouldn't have to rely on a nic test kit when buying from a "professional." Also the $20 alone would be worth the difference in shipping time. VT got here in 3 days. From what I hear, NN can't even process an order in that time. Plus, from what I've read here, VT's TH appears to be better than NN's premium. :D

Could you expend on what you're referring to? Overdose?

I like the TH nic, myself. I think it's a good product at a great price. I believe the nic level from any reputable dealer is something upon which we can depend.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Could you expend on what you're referring to? Overdose?

I like the TH nic, myself. I think it's a good product at a great price. I believe the nic level from any reputable dealer is something upon which we can depend.

The word overdose kind of explains itself.

By overdose what I mean is weighing out one strength of nic and getting a strength higher than what you've weighed because unbeknownst to you, the strength is much higher than labeled. Resulting in the possibility of getting nic sick and definitely dependant upon a higher nic level if brushed off.

I don't mean keel over and die.

I would like to agree with your last statement, but some posts lingering around from the last couple of years or so seem to show otherwise. I could be interpreting the information wrong, or it could have been user error on many peoples' part. I just know I want no part of that.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The word overdose kind of explains itself.

By overdose what I mean is weighing out one strength of nic and getting a strength higher than what you've weighed because unbeknownst to you, the strength is much higher than labeled. Resulting in the possibility of getting nic sick and definitely dependant upon a higher nic level if brushed off.

I don't mean keel over and die.

I would like to agree with your last statement, but some posts lingering around from the last couple of years or so seem to show otherwise. I could be interpreting the information wrong, or it could have been user error on many peoples' part. I just know I want no part of that.

It's been several years since there was a verifiable problem (BlueMist, if I recall, which company changed their name shortly after the debacle) so I think you can put that fear to rest as long as you're dealing with reputable companies.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well that's assuring. I was actually referring to NN though. I didn't witness it first hand, but there sure was a lot of buzz about it. I'll stay where I am for now.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well that's assuring. I was actually referring to NN though. I didn't witness it first hand, but there sure was a lot of buzz about it. I'll stay where I am for now.
Not that long ago that happened, them sending out double strength batches. Around the same time, I got a bottle that tasted like pure pepper, but mine didn't have the same batch number of the overdosed one. It just tasted like pepper. Haven't ordered from them since.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It's 2016. As @SailCat pointed out, a 'hot' base(incorrectly measured) from an established vendor would be a rare ocurrance.
It used to happen to new vendors a little bit. For instance, if you go back, you can find an incident where a Vaperstek customer had a 'hot' batch here in the VU threads and VT was still a new vendor.

You might want to expand your reading. In a blind taste test on that other forum(ECF) NN came in first place and VT premium came in last.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Time - are you jealous??o_O

That's actually an interesting question. If I were inclined to buy VT premium @ $125 dollars and knew that VT was oxidizing the same nic, as Kevin claims, and selling it for $25 to people that prefer "Throat Hit" or "bite", I might become jealous. Why should I have to pay $100 more? It's the same nic, why does one group with a preference for "bite" get to pay $25 and the other with a preference for fresh have to pay $125?

I could see how that would make one jealous. But no, I don't buy from VT so I'm not jealous.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's 2016. As @SailCat pointed out, a 'hot' base(incorrectly measured) from an established vendor would be a rare ocurrance.
It used to happen to new vendors a little bit. For instance, if you go back, you can find an incident where a Vaperstek customer had a 'hot' batch here in the VU threads and VT was still a new vendor.

You might want to expand your reading. In a blind taste test on that other forum(ECF) NN came in first place and VT premium came in last.
Fanboys have no time for facts, research, OR truth.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's actually an interesting question. If I were inclined to buy VT premium @ $125 dollars and knew that VT was oxidizing the same nic, as Kevin claims, and selling it for $25 to people that prefer "Throat Hit" or "bite", I might become jealous. Why should I have to pay $100 more? It's the same nic, why does one group with a preference for "bite" get to pay $25 and the other with a preference for fresh have to pay $125?

I could see how that would make one jealous. But no, I don't buy from VT so I'm not jealous.

I see your point here. But would VT jacking the price up on the TH nic make you feel better about it? Or just lowering the price significantly on the premium?

I know this isn't the best comparison, but Pepsi has always beaten Coke in blind taste tests and still a much higher percentage or Americans still prefer Coke. Marketing? Probably. I'll pass on both of them and take a lemon water.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got some nicselect from nicotine river. Its as good as VT premium. MAYBE VT premium is SLIGHTLY cleaner tasting. But at $56ish a liter versus $125 a liter I can live with any difference that MAY exist
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check them out.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got some nicselect from nicotine river. Its as good as VT premium. MAYBE VT premium is SLIGHTLY cleaner tasting. But at $56ish a liter versus $125 a liter I can live with any difference that MAY exist

This is good to hear, Matt, as opinions on their nic liquid have been mixed.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is good to hear, Matt, as opinions on their nic liquid have been mixed.

I'd like to know more about their quality and consistency. Their prices are great and they actually sell every strength all the way up to pure nicotine which is insane.

Anybody else try nicselect?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see your point here. But would VT jacking the price up on the TH nic make you feel better about it? Or just lowering the price significantly on the premium?

I know this isn't the best comparison, but Pepsi has always beaten Coke in blind taste tests and still a much higher percentage or Americans still prefer Coke. Marketing? Probably. I'll pass on both of them and take a lemon water.

Vt doesn't actually do anything to 'make' the TH. It's just his nic that has oxidized and it's sold at a discount to get rid of it. You're correct about marketing in the way you intended and in a way you didn't intend. Oxidized nic is not appealing, so VT calls it "TH" and claims he made it so he can get people to buy it. My comment above on the price difference was based on his marketing. In reality, the price difference reflects that VT is getting rid of some nic at a discount.

Your Coke and Pepsi example was good. It also happens with wine, vodka, stereo stuff and other things. People tend to buy and think one is better than another based in large part popularity, price and marketing.

Full disclosure; VT and I are not getting along at the moment.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
If you do a search through here you should find many many positive reviews of nicselect. I research alot before i commit o buying nic, since a liter will last me a while. I think with any vendor regardless if its nicotine river,nn,vt,etc. Shit happens. people store their nic wrong, he retailer got a bad batch, the retailer mixed it wrong,the supplier sent a bad batch etc etc The important thing to consider is this.
You found 1k positive reviews of a nic
you found maybe 50 bad reviews of it
so your likely to get a good product if you order
BUT WHAT IF WHEN YOU ORDER you get crap???
Finding out how a retailer handles problems is as important as finding about about the product itself.
I remember reading nicotine river was good with a couple people who had bad nic at one time and fixed the situation. So that allowed me to risk buying a liter. It came in. I used some.it was great. I put the rest in the freezer

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to know more about their quality and consistency. Their prices are great and they actually sell every strength all the way up to pure nicotine which is insane.

Anybody else try nicselect?
I have an ample supply of NicSelect from Nicotine River in my freezer and will vouch for it wholeheartedly. It's the only thing I've used that can actually compare to premium VT.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vt doesn't actually do anything to 'make' the TH. It's just his nic that has oxidized and it's sold at a discount to get rid of it. You're correct about marketing in the way you intended and in a way you didn't intend. Oxidized nic is not appealing, so VT calls it "TH" and claims he made it so he can get people to buy it. My comment above on the price difference was based on his marketing. In reality, the price difference reflects that VT is getting rid of some nic at a discount.

Your Coke and Pepsi example was good. It also happens with wine, vodka, stereo stuff and other things. People tend to buy and think one is better than another based in large part popularity, price and marketing.

Now this hits the nail on the head of how people on here were fooled. This is why I only buy from a reputable company that actually makes it.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah @Teresa P vouched to me about nic select and nicotine river, shes never steered anyone wrong, so that went a long way for me in my purchase decision.

2]@Teresa P vouched for you? Oh, to you, :D

Seriously, I appreciate the feedback. NR is a still a new-to-me vendor but when I had a question and Grant got back to me in minutes on a Sunday I placed my first order the next day, which order arrived quickly and perfectly.. Impressed with the service and delivery, I noticed those decent prices on nic liquid and with the positive feedback, will be ordering from them soon. As is the case with most of us, I don't actually need more as I have a coupla liters in the freezer, but I figure if there's room for more, WTH, right? :)

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I've actually seen that same show on Nat Geo and others just like it. Price point definitely has an impact (you have to have a decent product of course) and so does the description. All of these fancy words and promises. It's like when we go food shopping. I'm a consciencious eater, but my girlfriend buys into all of those funny words you see on products at the grocery store. I get not buying GMO or going gluten free if you have an allergy or your body is sensitive and/or digests gluten poorly, but $4 for the gluten free brownie mix vs. $1.29 for the actual higher grade quality competitor!? "But it doesn't say Gluten Free!" Guess what? She bought them. They sucked. Went right in the trash. Ugh, another one is "Organic." So many companies using that word so loosely. Some products I do prefer organic. Some I know when they're selling me the word on the box rather than an actual healthier product.

Went off topic. Do you know for sure VT is just selling old oxidized nic and claiming they're tailoring a product for people who prefer TH? I mean what you're saying would make the most sense for sure, but has this been openly admitted or leaked?

Just curious. I don't think I'm interested in a "TH" nic anyway.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yes they have stated in some thread or 2 on here that they INTENTIONALLY OXIDIZE the nic to get it bite for those that want it.
Which sounds great
but to sell it for $25
vs the
same nic not oxidized for $125 is the question and the controversy

Ive used the TH nic. It seemed fine to me.. I didnt like the bite myself.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes they have stated in some thread or 2 on here that they INTENTIONALLY OXIDIZE the nic to get it bite for those that want it.
Which sounds great
but to sell it for $25
vs the

Exactly but then again like everythign the worth of something is left up to the individual.. To me it should cost less but to others its a Nirvana.. The unscrupulous behaviour of Vendors is becoming increasingly clear in time..

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went off topic. Do you know for sure VT is just selling old oxidized nic and claiming they're tailoring a product for people who prefer TH? I mean what you're saying would make the most sense for sure, but has this been openly admitted or leaked?

Just curious. I don't think I'm interested in a "TH" nic anyway.

The short answer is, yes I know.

The long answer requires reading some heated discussions and following links. It's too involved to summarize here, lol.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vaperstek-banned-me-from-vu-subforum.188291/

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Which sounds great
but to sell it for $25
vs the

I feel that if the TH was $100 a liter these conversations wouldn't be happening. I say good for people who like throat hit. Sucks for the majority who don't, like me.

But what do I know? Maybe I would like TH. I'm new to all of this. Just received my order of 120ml of premium yesterday. Haven't even ordered my flavors yet. Maybe I'll request a sample next time I order premium.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
when i first saw the TH nic
i was like...hmm something must be wrong for it to be so cheap
then researching found people who swear by it
so next thought is well its not the same nic used for premium
research proved it is the same nic

Then found claims they intentionally oxidize it...and lots of other BS and lack of clear answers lead me to believe premium nic is over priced FOR ME.
Becuase of vaperstek's posting on this forum I have decided to not buy from them any more, but I like their nic and will use the liter in my freezer

If you want to pay 125 for good nic...go ahead
but i think nic select is just as good for half the price
and if you are on their email list you get offers for free shipping once in a blue moon, which makes ordering their nic awesome
PLus $6.50 for 60ml of FA is the best I have seen. Just wish they shipped it in 60ml drip top bottles instead of basically vitamin bottles

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now this hits the nail on the head of how people on here were fooled. This is why I only buy from a reputable company that actually makes it.
What company do you buy from that actually *makes* nic? I would guess none.

NicSelect is made by Alchem, sent to resellers in pure form and then diluted by them to whatever strength you want (Nicotine River, Liquid Barn, ECX, etc...) VT sells Chemnovatic. Nude and Heartland are from unknown manufacturers out of China or India (which is also where NicSelect is made)

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What company do you buy from that actually *makes* nic? I would guess none.

NicSelect is made by Alchem, sent to resellers in pure form and then diluted by them to whatever strength you want (Nicotine River, Liquid Barn, ECX, etc...) VT sells Chemnovatic. Nude and Heartland are from unknown manufacturers out of China or India (which is also where NicSelect is made)
This who I always use now used them for over four years never got any old nic from them always made to order.
Wizard Labs is an FDA registered facility located in Central Florida, USA, specializing in organic extracts, carrier fluids, labware, concentrated liquid flavorings and flavor enhancers for alternative nicotine product research and development. Purity of ingredients, quality control, and safety are our highest priorities.

All Wizard Labs liquid nicotine solutions and concentrated flavorings are produced using only the highest quality USP grade, and/or FDA approved food ingredients for your safety and peace of mind. Our organic nicotine extraction is performed through partnership with the same extraction laboratories used by the leading national brands of alternative nicotine products for your assurance of chemical purity, quality control, and reliable results.

To ensure our clients receive the highest quality product available, and to help prevent premature oxidation, all nicotine solutions are prepared to order. Due to our lab policies, please allow a minimum of 2-3 business days to prepare your USP nicotine solutions for shipping.

Sample requests and access to solutions greater in concentration than 100mg/ml are granted only to registered medical, educational, industrial, and trade facilities, subject to application and approval. Wizard Labs line of organic Nicotine extract solutions are intended for laboratory and research use by trained and qualified personnel.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has anyone tried both NicSelect (say, from Nicotine River), and VT's throat hit? I'm wondering how they compare, and in particular if VT's throat hit has the same smell as NS.
I've tried ns from ecf and it was great imo. I've never tried any vt nic but have had nn. From what i've read nn is very comparable to reg vt and the ns nic was on par with the nn i tried. Hope that helps!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The short answer is, yes I know.

The long answer requires reading some heated discussions and following links. It's too involved to summarize here, lol.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vaperstek-banned-me-from-vu-subforum.188291/

::standing applause::

Way to go Time! After reading that I have a much better understanding of what's going on here and why you called out Kevin. You just directly said to him what most people were thinking. Admirable. Done in an asshole fashion (other times not,) but I have a feeling that's what I can come to expect of you. Screw Reddit, glad to be here at VU.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This who I always use now used them for over four years never got any old nic from them always made to order.
Wizard Labs is an FDA registered facility located in Central Florida, USA, specializing in organic extracts, carrier fluids, labware, concentrated liquid flavorings and flavor enhancers for alternative nicotine product research and development. Purity of ingredients, quality control, and safety are our highest priorities.

All Wizard Labs liquid nicotine solutions and concentrated flavorings are produced using only the highest quality USP grade, and/or FDA approved food ingredients for your safety and peace of mind. Our organic nicotine extraction is performed through partnership with the same extraction laboratories used by the leading national brands of alternative nicotine products for your assurance of chemical purity, quality control, and reliable results.

To ensure our clients receive the highest quality product available, and to help prevent premature oxidation, all nicotine solutions are prepared to order. Due to our lab policies, please allow a minimum of 2-3 business days to prepare your USP nicotine solutions for shipping.

Sample requests and access to solutions greater in concentration than 100mg/ml are granted only to registered medical, educational, industrial, and trade facilities, subject to application and approval. Wizard Labs line of organic Nicotine extract solutions are intended for laboratory and research use by trained and qualified personnel.

The only companies that extract USP Grade nicotine are all in India, except one that's located in Switzerland and it starts off in India.

So, WL has to import USP Grade nic. They say their nicotine extraction is performed through partnership but the don't disclose who the extractor is. At least, not in the posted information above.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
::standing applause::

Way to go Time! After reading that I have a much better understanding of what's going on here and why you called out Kevin. You just directly said to him what most people were thinking. Admirable. Done in an asshole fashion (other times not,) but I have a feeling that's what I can come to expect of you. Screw Reddit, glad to be here at VU.

I can be a bit asshole-ish. :)

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The only companies that extract USP Grade nicotine are all in India, except one that's located in Switzerland and it starts off in India.

So, WL has to import USP Grade nic. They say their nicotine extraction is performed through partnership but the don't disclose who the extractor is. At least, not in the posted information above.
USP grade Organic Nicotine extract minimum >99.8% diluted in a carrier base of Propylene Glycol and/or vegetable derived Glycerin for research and product applications. The nicotine base used exclusively in Wizard Labs line of solutions undergoes extraction 5-6 times per year in partnership with one of the providing labs to Johnson & Johnson's global line of NRT products for the assurance of chemical purity, quality control, and reliability. Ingredients: Pure USP grade organic nicotine extract, USP grade Kosher certified Propylene Glycol and/or USP grade Kosher certified vegetable Glycerin carrier base fluid. Wizard Labs nicotine solutions contain no other preservatives or chemical additives.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can be a bit asshole-ish. :)

It's cool, man. So can I. I promise we'll get into it at some point.

Question!

After all that reading it made me go over to the freezer and really look at my nic. Looks really clear. I do see the tinest (maybe I'm imagining it) tinge of yellow. Barely noticeable. I don't want to open it to smell it because I don't want to introduce oxygen prematurely to it since my flavors haven't come in yet. I'm probably over thinking and worrying too much about it.

Could that tinge of yellow be attributed to it being 100% VG?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I dont know about that there are US extractors like this one http://www.carolinaxtract.com/

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
USP grade Organic Nicotine extract minimum >99.8% diluted in a carrier base of Propylene Glycol and/or vegetable derived Glycerin for research and product applications. The nicotine base used exclusively in Wizard Labs line of solutions undergoes extraction 5-6 times per year in partnership with one of the providing labs to Johnson & Johnson's global line of NRT products for the assurance of chemical purity, quality control, and reliability. Ingredients: Pure USP grade organic nicotine extract, USP grade Kosher certified Propylene Glycol and/or USP grade Kosher certified vegetable Glycerin carrier base fluid. Wizard Labs nicotine solutions contain no other preservatives or chemical additives.

Yes, but not in the US. There are no USP Grade extractors in the US. None.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, but not in the US. There are no USP Grade extractors in the US. None.
It does say Johnson & Johnson global line so I would imagine it would be through them in another country.

VU Sponsors