Become a Patron!

Vaper's tongue or bad coil/tank?

Autumnrstarr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first started vaping, I got vaper's tongue from using the same ejuice nonstop. I drank water, are lemons..eventually it went away and I no longer vape that juice anymore lol since then, I got an x cube 2, uwell crown tank, 0.25 ohm and for some reason, and maybe it's just in my head but I cannot taste the ejuice much anymore. I switch flavors every tank. The coil is NOT burnt out. And I find that the best wattage for this coil is between 80-90w. I try to adjust it to different juices but even after a few puffs I swear it doesn't taste much anymore. Or like metal. Coil is primed well. Does my tank just suck or should I use more PG than VG for flavor? I'm currently using 40 PG 60 VG. I did use 30/70 but I thought more PG would produce more flavor. Should I try 50/50? Help.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like vapors tongue again. How long have you been vaping? Do you still (or did you ever) smoke?

Autumnrstarr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Started vaping/stopped smoking Dec 2015. Idk how I got vaper's tongue again lol I have been using SEVERAL different juices every tank. But they are all fruity/candy. I don't care for dessert :/ what would you recommend I do now?
Sounds like vapors tongue again. How long have you been vaping? Do you still (or did you ever) smoke?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Although I am not familiar with your equipment I have found that some of my e-Liquids do not like to be overheated and have no taste. Maybe try less wattage and see how that tastes.

Good Luck and hope you solve the issue.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Started vaping/stopped smoking Dec 2015. Idk how I got vaper's tongue again lol I have been using SEVERAL different juices every tank. But they are all fruity/candy. I don't care for dessert :/ what would you recommend I do now?
switch to rayon,,i think cotton gets old and affects the taste when you are at your weakest. try some flavors you dont care for,,,,ie,, all/any mint ejuice work for me back when i used cotton. go a day or so vaping 'Neat' ..vg/pg with nic and no flavor.......eat some spicy foods for a few days. and if you have a cold/sinus/allergy problems get some meds.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
switch to rayon,,i think cotton gets old and affects the taste when you are at your weakest. try some flavors you dont care for,,,,ie,, all/any mint ejuice work for me back when i used cotton. go a day or so vaping 'Neat' ..vg/pg with nic and no flavor.......eat some spicy foods for a few days. and if you have a cold/sinus/allergy problems get some meds.
The Crown coils are cotton.

I use the 0.25 coils all the time at around 60 watts, and I get tons of flavor, even using 85% VG. It may be that you're used to your juice in a different tank - I did find that I no longer liked my old favorite in this tank (was easy to find a new flavor though, since I DIY)!

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
How old is the coil you are using, when I get a metallic taste off mine it is time to change the coil

Autumnrstarr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried vaping from 45w up to 90w and the first few puffs of hotter tastes good but then I start getting an after taste or it starts getting muted. I'm terrible with describing words :/
Although I am not familiar with your equipment I have found that some of my e-Liquids do not like to be overheated and have no taste. Maybe try less wattage and see how that tastes.

Good Luck and hope you solve the issue.

Autumnrstarr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One time I had an issue with flavor I did get sick but this time is different. I'm really trying to put the blame on something being wrong with me and not complain about my tank but I kind of want a new one lol

Autumnrstarr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My coil is a few days old. I've had bad coils from purchase before. I hate that I'm limited to 120w with this. My husband has the tvf4 and I'm currently using his to see if it's actually my coil or tank I have the issue with. He has waffles in his right now and I don't care for it but I do taste it more than I taste my juice in my tank.
How old is the coil you are using, when I get a metallic taste off mine it is time to change the coil

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
IMO, the only thing adding more power does is use ejuice way faster. On a .4-.5Ω build, I'm rocking at a whopping 35-45 watts, I am getting great flavor and very satisfying vapor production

Maybe you can try closing off the airflow a little and see if that help the flavor

Autumnrstarr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
See with a 0.5 I felt restricted. I wouldn't mind a 0.15 but they only make it in nickel for my tank I think and I HATE temp mode. I like it hot or hotter, and with all air holes open. I've tried closing the vents slightly but it gives a tighter pull and I already pull hard with them open all the way. Lol I'm sorry. I have an answer for everything right? I'm not sure I'm an actual flavor chaser but I'd rather flavor than cloud. Right now I have my husband's tvf4 quad coil on 93w on that three battery mod (idk what's it's called). I like it okay, but I'm not a fan of waffles so I'm trying to puff it empty to switch the flavor lol my husband has mine right now and he says it tastes just fine. I swear, the problem is me but I don't know how to change my ways!!
IMO, the only thing adding more power does is use ejuice way faster. On a .4-.5Ω build, I'm rocking at a whopping 35-45 watts, I am getting great flavor and very satisfying vapor production

Maybe you can try closing off the airflow a little and see if that help the flavor

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You know what you like and are just looking for a way to get the most enjoyment out of your vape, totally understandable.

Autumnrstarr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for understanding!! Now, to fix the broken me. Lol I just drank a small bottle of pomegranate juice hoping it would be tart enough but it wasn't tart at all! I'm going to add some cayenne and Tabasco to my spaghetti tonight lol anything to unshock my taste buds
You know what you like and are just looking for a way to get the most enjoyment out of your vape, totally understandable.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I probably had 20 bouts of vaper's tongue my first 6 months of being tobacco free.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Even after over 4 years of vaping, I still get it once in a while. New flavor, tart flavors you just have to remember that the "flavors" especially fruity, tart or sour, will do it to you.
Remember sucking on a bag of sweet tarts or Jolly ranchers ? after a whole bag or 10 , your tongue would be a mess for at least a day? Same thing.

Autumnrstarr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How did you finally get over it??? I'll admit, I could do better with drinking more water :/ I'm making more juice today so shouldon't I try 50/50? I liked the 30/70 from the shops and 40/60 is good too, when I can taste it lol. I'd like to say I'm making it wrong but I make it for my husband and my mom and they let their friends try it and all love it. I want to love it too!!
I probably had 20 bouts of vaper's tongue my first 6 months of being tobacco free.

Autumnrstarr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ohhhhh well that explains it. I have been trying to make MOST OF my juices tart or sour. That's what I like. Waaaaaah so, I guess today I'll have to work on dessert :(
Even after over 4 years of vaping, I still get it once in a while. New flavor, tart flavors you just have to remember that the "flavors" especially fruity, tart or sour, will do it to you.
Remember sucking on a bag of sweet tarts or Jolly ranchers ? after a whole bag or 10 , your tongue would be a mess for at least a day? Same thing.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
How did you finally get over it??? I'll admit, I could do better with drinking more water :/ I'm making more juice today so shouldon't I try 50/50? I liked the 30/70 from the shops and 40/60 is good too, when I can taste it lol. I'd like to say I'm making it wrong but I make it for my husband and my mom and they let their friends try it and all love it. I want to love it too!!

Time mostly. I think it's just part of the body's healing practice after quitting tobacco. Also, drink water, all day. I drink a glass before I go to bed, too.

I haven't had a serious bout now for 1.5 years, so it's just something you have to live with while your body heals I think. I know it drives you crazy. Many of my bouts lasted a week even though I had 3 flavors going, and changed them everyday.

Why do some people suffer a lot from it, and others very little/not at all? Hard to say.

Autumnrstarr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I suppose it could be lack of enough water, all my sour and tart flavors, and time then. I'm just going to have to try to switch to sweet juice for a bit and ride it out. Thanks.
Time mostly. I think it's just part of the body's healing practice after quitting tobacco. Also, drink water, all day. I drink a glass before I go to bed, too.

I haven't had a serious bout now for 1.5 years, so it's just something you have to live with while your body heals I think. I know it drives you crazy. Many of my bouts lasted a week even though I had 3 flavors going, and changed them everyday.

Why do some people suffer a lot from it, and others very little/not at all? Hard to say.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, I suppose it could be lack of enough water, all my sour and tart flavors, and time then. I'm just going to have to try to switch to sweet juice for a bit and ride it out. Thanks.

A friend who started vaping at the same time as I did has never had it, and I had it over and over. When it happens, vape the juice you don't like as much, or just use unflavored, which is much cheaper anyway :)

Autumnrstarr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My husband has only gotten it once and we started the same time AND he vaper's the same juice all day and switches juices every 30mL. I change it every tank lol
A friend who started vaping at the same time as I did has never had it, and I had it over and over. When it happens, vape the juice you don't like as much, or just use unflavored, which is much cheaper anyway :)

goingcrazy614

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My husband has only gotten it once and we started the same time AND he vaper's the same juice all day and switches juices every 30mL. I change it every tank lol
Do you like coffee? Perfumers use coffee grounds to "reset" their senses. Smell is attached to taste. I taste my juice better after my morning coffee.

Good luck!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I was taste testing e-Liquids at a vape shop I found cleansing the palate using lemon flavored water worked well because I was tasting the first one trying others. I have also heard that Menthol is a good way to cure vapers tongue but I don't care for menthol and if I vape Menthol the taste stays with me longer than I would like.

Hope this is of some help.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
switch to rayon wicking,, and make sure the tails are THIN.. even if it means you end up with a leaky vape. (you can also use over the counter sinus/cold medication to clear your nose out)

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fwiw I hate reddit. They're always the same, it starts off with an original concept or question, one person tries to answer, the next couple tell the op what a dumbass they are and then the next 100 replies go so far off the rails and have me laughing so hard I forget why I started reading it. :p

I get it every now and then even when switching up ejuice. My two favorites are tobacco type flavors (ry4 included) and fruit flavors. Sometimes creamy ones but the fruit ones the flavors seem to start running together more often than not. Banana, berry, pineapple, doesn't seem to matter much. Even with drinking water and sniffing coffee, I'm already a coffee drinker and get plenty of things like salsa since I like spicier foods. Some people have good luck with straight water to clear things up, others coffee, some people iced tea does the trick. Some of the flavored drinks though (anything aside from water) can impact vape flavor and either enhance it or mute it to where it tastes like just huffing in steam from the shower.

It's true about scent fatigue, when I worked in an auto shop the smell of the place never bothered me. Making a quick stop in the shop over the weekend after being away from the smell and with the doors closed up it was a lot more pungent. Like anything else the body adapts, it's difficult to get the body to stop adapting to something we don't want it to. Sensory overload can cause the body to respond, shutting certain things out. Much like watching a movie at home with friends, it doesn't seem obnoxiously loud. Turn the tv back on first thing in the morning at the same sound volume and you'll probably be thinking damn, were we deaf?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Some people have good luck with straight water to clear things up, others coffee, some people iced tea does the trick. Some of the flavored drinks though (anything aside from water) can impact vape flavor and either enhance it or mute it to where it tastes like just huffing in steam from the shower.

It's true about scent fatigue, when I worked in an auto shop the smell of the place never bothered me. Making a quick stop in the shop over the weekend after being away from the smell and with the doors closed up it was a lot more pungent. Like anything else the body adapts, it's difficult to get the body to stop adapting to something we don't want it to. Sensory overload can cause the body to respond, shutting certain things out. Much like watching a movie at home with friends, it doesn't seem obnoxiously loud. Turn the tv back on first thing in the morning at the same sound volume and you'll probably be thinking damn, were we deaf?

I drink water most of the day (after my 5 cups of 'decaf' coffee). I agree with the beverages and vaping also. RubyRoo always has a cocktail handy for the taste test when reviewing eliquid. Actually, I think she has a cocktail even when on mod reviews. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that - I have one or three every night too!
:vino:
One thing that I've experienced is EXTREME Dry Mouth when sleeping. I apparently sleep with my mouth open. Holy Moley! I lay in bed and the dryness goes all the way down my wind pipe. Immediate water, at least 3 sips and gargle the last one, will do it. I'm the type of gal that loves the taste of my vape (or when needed 3 super quick puffs of a cig) in my mouth before bed. I did find that the 3 puffs really helps with the dry mouth too. I only still smoke 1 cig a day...1/2 in the morning with coffee and the dog and the other half may last me 3 days to finish.

*I also found eating vanilla ice cream (Dilly Bars from Dairy Queen) or anything creamy, milk, etc. before bed, even with a quick vape or 2 afterward, works wonders just fine.*

antikryst

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Same with me. Just quit smoking for a month. All of a sudden I have 2 mods. 2 tanks. And the pharoah. Past 2 weeks have been spent rebuilding and rewicking.. going through a ton of cotton.. a ton of various wires
.. and tasteless juice. Just got my latest set earlier today the RX mini and the serpent Alto. Put a 4 coil SS 26 32 Clapton in there and flavor is still muted.

Now with 2 complete setups.. flavor is back a bit since I can switch between 2 juices in between hits instead of having to finish a tank.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors