Become a Patron!

Vapers Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be this huge fucking stigma in the vaping community about Mxrijuana.If you ask me mxrijuana vapers and ecig users should be on the same side of the battlefield not opposites. Are we not both fighting for the right to do what we want so long as it doesn't cause harm to others? Why are we looking down on each other for what's in their tank? And can you really stand there so high and mighty knowing that nicotine is poison and CBD oil is medicine? It's mostly these fucking vape snobs. " I can't believe that guy asked me if I was getting high with my mod! Like I would ever do drugs. Fucking xxxheads are gonna make vaping illegal." Dumbass!

Cici

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, Toom but I don't think they're the same at all. I'm an e-cig user (no xxx for me - but not judging your use) and I'm not fighting to do what I want as long as it doesn't cause harm to others, I fighting for the right to save my own life.

egomama

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont believe its about looking down, its about the preconception. Ironically mxrijuana is currently more accepted in some places than ecigs are. By keeping them separate then it is less likely that they will both be regulated or banned by the people who dont understand. This is just my opinion. I dont look down on what responsible adults do in their own time.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
it is about the preconception but its only a problem when people dont understand mxrijuana either.. ive experienced this first hand, "a lot of xxx smokers use those e cig devices" .. yea they also eat cheese burgers. i would hate for someone to not make the switch because they are worried about the public perception though. best to keep them separate in "the spotlight" as the industries grow more accepted, while knowing we are striving toward the same goal - harm reduction

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Really two different vices. Both will become a tax sources for the Government, just you wait and see.
That is the one group we all should be fighting....

riphraph

Member For 4 Years
Really two different vices. Both will become a tax sources for the Government, just you wait and see.
That is the one group we all should be fighting....
$400.00 an Oz for rec. in CO. Juice will never be taxed this much, eh?

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Like I said, Apples and Oranges. 2 different vices just waiting to be taxed...
does not matter how much each cost, the taxes will be high on both.

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
As a 4+ year vaper AND a former and lifelong habitual mxrijuana user, I think I can provide some insight here. Virtually NOBODY in vaping really hates on xxxx, and I find that most vapers either partake in mxrijuana in some way, or they're pretty positive when it comes to others who DO partake, and it's pretty obvious based on statistics that MANY non-mxrijuana users support the legalization and taxation.

The overall problem with the average vaper (whether they partake or not) lies in the assumption that vapers are "smoking xxx" out of these new high tech devices that are still FAR from mainstream. We all like to think that vaping IS mainstream, but it's still relatively unknown, save for a few dozen "hotbeds" in the nation. This means that WE have a responsibility as vapers to keep the two separate. Mxrijuana is still illegal in MOST states, and it has negative connotations because of this. Especially with the older crowd.

As a vapeshop owner, I would NEVER sell any devices related to mxrijuana. I'd say it's based on the legality, but I can honestly say that I would not sell these products even if we were in a recreational state, and that's largely due to those negative connotations. A LARGE section of the vaping customer base (especially in B&M shops) is in the 40+ crowd, and we personally have hundreds of customers in the 60+ range.

It looks bad enough when someone is in the shop REAKING like skunky xxxx when you're trying to setup a new customer, and it looks ESPECIALLY bad if the customer assumes that employees at the shop are the ones who are getting high. Many businesses don't drug test and couldn't care less if their employees are getting high, but they don't want these employees to be serving food or doing tax preparation while under the influence, and it's extremely bad for business if a customer thinks they are being served by someone who is high on the job.

In addition, if vapeshops DO sell mxrijuana vaporizers, we then get into an area where we have to have "off limit words" and we run the risk of setting up smokers with starter kits, while simultaneously having customers bringing products into the store that have residues from illegal products. Again, really bad for business.

I've also spoken to many people who have shifted from the "paraphernalia" industry, to the ecigarette industry (mainly glassblowers) and even though many of these people DO partake, they're still glad to be a part of a more legitimate industry...

I know this doesn't provide a full answer for why vapers are "anti-mxrijuana" but this does provide one perspective where it's clear that in certain circumstances, the association with mxrijuana can be bad for business, and thus bad for the industry.

Cici

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I live just outside one of the largest cities in Canada (pop. nearly 1 mil). Two months ago the high school system there banned the use of e-cigarettes on school property because, although they have been aware of e-cigarette use by students for over 2 years, with no reaction of this kind, it has now been discovered that students are using them with mxrijuana and xxxx oil and this trend is gaining popularity at an alarming rate, and school campuses are just the start.

"Police say the trend of using e-cigarettes to smoke xxnnabis has increased the demand for mxrijuana and xxxx oil, which some people are distilling in dangerous home labs. The demand for xxxx oil, or cxnnabis resin, is attributed to the proliferation of the electronic cigarettes,” said a recent release from Law Enforcement Response Teams.

If you think vaping maxijuana isn't hurting anyone, you might consider the nic vapers who are now being unjustly associated with illegal drug use and as such are likely to be subjected to much more stringent regulation than we should have to be, for simply trying to quit smoking the best way we know how. JMO

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I remember way back in like 2004 - 2005 before ecigs were even around my friend had a weed vaporizer. It was a huge device that took up a third of the coffee table but still. MJ vaporizers DID come first. Also NORML has come out to fight to keep personal vaporizers legal. We are fighting the same battle but in states where pot is illegal it is just a lot better for vapers to just not mention it. I smoked weed on and off (mostly on) for 15+ years. If I was still using it I sure as hell wouldn't be smoking it now that technology allows us to inhale the good stuff while leaving out a lot of the bad.

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
Yes, but unless you have a volcano, you're likely still getting some smoke and/or the vaporizer doesn't perform well.

Hash oil is the problem because it draws a DIRECT relationship between legal Vaping with ecigarettes and illegal substances. Although I'm sure it's already happening, and many users are also Ecig users, we don't need the media making ALL VAPES out to be drug paraphernalia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do not care who smokes weed , to each his own . But right now vapers have enough on our plate without taking on more baggage.
At this point it would give some law makers more ammo against us.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
But in all fairness, didn't the vaper come first? I mean, I watched a documentary back in 2007 about Medical usage, and one of the participants actually vaporized their with this huge machine that fed the vapor into a plastic bag of sorts, which the user would then toke from. The dry herb vaporizers we see today seem to be increasing in popularity however, the actual vaporizing of has been around longer than the nicotine vaper.

Dhim

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Member For 5 Years
I don't like the two lumped together personally. I can't even begin to count the amount of times I've been asked if I get high off that. In fact their is some derp at work that insists on saying "Toak on mannnnn" everytime he sees me vaping. Partially because he thinks its funny. I personally don't partake and am one of the few people that absolutely detest the smell of it, but I don't care what people do. If anything, vaping the stuff reduces the stank but it shouldn't be lumped with electronic cigarettes. All the B&M stores by me carry at least 1 dry herb PV. The one who I'm friendly with the owners of said to me they were pretty against it, but got so many requests that they had to bring them in.

Next to their starter kits, I believe its their #2 selling product...

Reactions: jae

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape is vape . Weed is weed . I can see a state Rep. or Senator standing up for vaping ( if we do the right things) , but it's hard to see the same saying
"lets blow a joint after the vote "

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you consider that the first ecig was created and patented in 1963, then no ,mj vaporizers were not first. Not that that really matters in this discussion. Just looking to clarify.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If you consider that the first ecig was created and patented in 1963, then no ,mj vaporizers were not first. Not that that really matters in this discussion. Just looking to clarify.

It is very true that the first smokeless cigarette was invented and patented in 1963 by Herbert A. Gilbert
But the way it works is more like the Nicorette Inhaler

https://www.google.com/patents/US3200819

http://www.e-cig.org/2009/11/07/new-invention-of-1963-the-smokeless-non-tobacco-cigarette/

"While Herbert Gilbert’s and Hon Lik’s devices share the same name, look similar on the outside and both use a battery, they actually function very differently and produce different results. Gilbert’s device is designed to heat air, which is then sucked through a flavored filter and produces no visible vapor. Lik’s design heats a liquid until it becomes a visible, inhaled vapor – which is how all of our e-cigarettes function today. Therefore, Lik is considered by most to be the inventor of the modern e-cigarette.

Gilbert was definitely a man ahead of his time and on the right track, but he is not the inventor of modern e-cigarettes anymore than Sony is considered the inventor of the iPod just because they came up with the idea of a compact personal music player first. While both inventions are small, rectangular, deliver music through a headset and run on batteries, the Walkman and the iPod function very differently – just as Gilbert’s design functioned very differently from Lik’s – so no one considers Sony the inventor of the iPod.

Hon Lik deserves the credit he gets for being the inventor of the e-cigarette design we use today."

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
If tobacco pipes were invented WAY before the exact same devices for mxrijuana use, that doesn't mean that the local cigar and tobacco shop should sell bxngs and xxxx shit...

I would rather go out of business than sell dry xxxx vapes, and I own 3 for my own personal use.

BuckToothZombie

Member For 4 Years
Never read anyone's responds.. Way to long and winded.. But if this is a true vaper site..Then there should be a sub-forum for weed... After all isn't this suppose to be open and free speech and all? Or is it for stuff that's only on vaperjoes?

Or wait.... Is it for people to gain some type of title? That way when we post under our name we have like 7 titles to make us look important?? Really all these titles are lame and makes it like yours kings and we are the little people that come here with out little titles to hear your vast wisdom..

Last edited by a moderator:

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As a parent and a ex pot smoker I feel to link the two is only hurting vaping not helping. I don't care if you do smoke pot. But I don't want my daughters teachers, her friends and parents looking at me like I'm a pot head. Smoking pot in Maryland has a large stigma around it. Especially in the town I'm in because 90% of the business around is government related.
I don't wanna be out in public with my family and police walk up and start searching me because they think I have pot. Some states just aren't ready to accept weed isn't that big of a deal. And if the two are linked then they both become negative and a big deal.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Lets keep them separate at least until the FDA has been dealt with.

Lets focus our attention on our battle for our freedom to vape and not let what is in my mind a separate issue muddy the waters.

ryanM5

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ecigs/vaporizers is just an application for ejuice(with or with out nicotine), tobacco, or pot. It's as relative as rolling paper to whatever you want to roll up. People will always have misconceptions over something foreign.

And there will always be obnoxious people that have no regard, no manners, and will ruin it for everyone else. For example, vapers blowing clouds in smoke free areas that feel entitled because they(ecigs) are "safer", weed smokers smoking around places of business other than designated areas to legally smoke pot. The list can go on for people with out etiquette.

United or divided... What's the difference when we do it to ourselves already.

Edit:

Also, if we don't address it, I'm sure the FDA and other regulating government bodies will do it for us.

Last edited:
It looks like this is a fairly old post but I still want to pipe in: In all of the talk of regulating e-cigarettes that we hear in the media, never have I once heard that the vaping devices are being used for vaping ********* and that is why the y should be banned. The issue normally is e-cigarettes falling into minor's hands, or the safety of e-cigarettes as a whole. The fact that the vaping world is still divided on this matter is ludicrous. And believe me, just because the topic is old, this is still very much a current issue.

I am a smoker of both cigarettes and **********. I recently made the switch to vaping ********. This switch has in turn introduced me to the e-cigarette world as well. I am considering trying to make the switch, but when I see the vaping elitists who belittle *********** vapers, it is a major turn-off. Not that a health decision would be based on what a couple of douche bags say, but it still makes it much less enticing. The vaping divide exists not for so much for public perception but rather for vape shop owners trying to protect their business interests.

Vaping gigantic clouds of vapor in public places is what catches the public's eye, not a ***** vaper who sits at home with his desktop vaporizer watching South Park. I agree with ryanMS:

"And there will always be obnoxious people that have no regard, no manners, and will ruin it for everyone else. For example, vapers blowing clouds in smoke free areas that feel entitled because they(ecigs) are "safer", ******* smokers smoking around places of business other than designated areas to legally smoke ***. The list can go on for people with out etiquette."

Vapers unite.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dont think you can talk about *** here.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I vape both -- mainly because once I no longer had the topical anesthetics from cigarettes in my lungs, I could no longer tolerate ANY type of smoke inhalation. I do not vape either for "recreation" -- I vape nicotine to abstain from cigarettes; I vape the other to abstain from insomnia and anxiety. If my state would get its head out of its ass, I could do the latter as legally as the former. I refuse to countenance ***, because even though the buzz isn't my primary reason for using it, it's a nice side effect on occasion.

I don't vape anything illegal outside my home, and anyone who would think I would, is an idiot. I, however, am not. I believe in Civil Disobedience, and practice it privately; I have no wish nor intention of going to jail for my private practices which harm no one.

Andria

I dont think you can talk about *** here.
Well I was simply responding to a topic that was already created years ago which clearly is speaking about ***. Obviously if the rules are now that you can't even speak about ***, this divide has gotten much worse. If you can't speak about *** in a vaping forum than I am not sure where you can.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think you can talk about *** on a *** forum. Honestly, untill *** is federally legal its only going to hurt vaping.

I think you can talk about pot on a *** forum. Honestly, untill pot is federally legal its only going to hurt vaping.
Well I simply couldn't disagree more. Nothing is going to hurt vaping because it is a safe alternative to smoking. This is exactly the type of commentary I was talking about in my original post. Furthermore, if you search that topic you say that can't be spoken here- well in this forum there are multiple pages of content on it and again, I was responding to a topic that started 2 years ago. I have only been a member for about 2 hours. I stumbled upon this forum in a google search.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I simply couldn't disagree more. Nothing is going to hurt vaping because it is a safe alternative to smoking. This is exactly the type of commentary I was talking about in my original post. Furthermore, if you search that topic you say that can't be spoken here- well in this forum there are multiple pages of content on it and again, I was responding to a topic that started 2 years ago. I have only been a member for about 2 hours. I stumbled upon this forum in a google search.
Go read rule 1.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You failed the no tattling rule that you should have learned when you were 5.

Go back to pulling wings off flies, shitting in your cat's box and enjoying being a miserable fuck elsewhere.
Haha. I guess lots of things go right over you, so you are probably used to this... But it was a joke! He was editing my posts smart guy.

I use mmj myself... But i dont think it belongs on this forum.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I cant make it out damnit.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Per Rule 1 how ever we do not Support nor condone the use of it in vaping devices.
"1. No Drug/Dry Herb/CBD related pics, videos, posts, or Drug/Dry Herb/CBD references in comments please."

Edit: i am also going to post this here as a response to all the threads like this http://vapingunderground.com/threads/why-we-cant-talk-about-certain-things-in-the-forums.71860/

Also something to keep in mind is there are ways to talk about it without calling a dead horse is a dead horse and all. see post http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vapers-divided.1327/#post-991875

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors