Become a Patron!

Vape pen that feels closer to the real thing

Hello all,

I smoke Benson & Hedges menthol. I don't take the tobacco down to my lungs but rather take the smoke to the beginning of my throat, hold it there, and exhale. I thought to replicate the feeling of smoking with vaping as a) healthier given lack of burning, and b) way cheaper. I'm not an active smoker, smoke only when drinking or socializing, maybe a pack ever 2-4 weeks.

So I just got a V2 Pro Series 3X vaping device (www.v2.com/vaporizer-kits/series-3x-vape-pen) and got some e-liquids from Halo with 6 mg/ml of nicotine. I mixed these two up on a cartridge: www.halocigs.com/kringles-curse-eliquid/ & www.halocigs.com/tribeca-eliquid.

The result is extremely bland and unsatisfying. Feels as smoking air. No pleasure at all besides releasing a nice cloud of vape, possible with one of the two cartridge options (a 0.9 ohm one).

Any advice as to another device to try to get something closer to the real thing? I'm looking for a nice throat hit.

Thanks for your time!

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Welcome. Upping the nicotine with the device you have may be the best option for more of a throat hit, try to find some 12 or 16mg.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Or, a nic salts setup, either closed pods...... Juul, Phix, Bo, etc, or refillable....... Aspire Breeze, etc.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
use a higher pg/vg ratio. 40pg/60vg or 50/50 for more throat hit. However, vaping is not smoking so you won't find anything 'exactly' like a cigarette. Which is probably for the best anyway, since the idea is to get off the cigs. Pretty much any mouth to lung set up will simulate the act of puffing on a cigarette though.

VU Sponsors