Become a Patron!

VAPE Digital Cryptocurrency- It Had to Happen

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Leave it to a pot head to get dry herb confused with vaping, in reference to the last post.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
it brings up the discussion of why bitcoin and crypto currency is useless as a currency without being backed by real commodities, namely gold and silver. otherwise it's just as fiat as the fed printing infinite amount of dollars, as we see here with a vape digital crypto currency and the hundreds or even thousands of other crypto currencies that hold no real value without being backed

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Bitcoin is a pyramid scheme.
When I first heard of them I could have gotten 3 of them for $20 and now they are worth $1300 each?
The fools who have the $1300 ones have to sell them for more. I am surprised it went this far.
BTW if the government steps in and pulls the plug what are you left with?
You are left with a bunch of fools that have useless numbers on a computer screen.
The bottom just hasn't fell out yet.
It will... (leaving this space for the big 'I told you so' when it happens)

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it brings up the discussion of why bitcoin and crypto currency is useless as a currency without being backed by real commodities, namely gold and silver. otherwise it's just as fiat as the fed printing infinite amount of dollars, as we see here with a vape digital crypto currency and the hundreds or even thousands of other crypto currencies that hold no real value without being backed
I believe you are half right, imo. The world should not revolve around gold and silver exchange. I believe we should go back to, or have the ability to utilize the older system....Bartering. Bitcoin is just one form of a barter. Yes the value of a bitcoin might fall, but so did the acceptance of paint with lead in it. All things have worth and value, time and necessity usually balances out the needs and the wants.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I believe you are half right, imo. The world should not revolve around gold and silver exchange. I believe we should go back to, or have the ability to utilize the older system....Bartering. Bitcoin is just one form of a barter. Yes the value of a bitcoin might fall, but so did the acceptance of paint with lead in it. All things have worth and value, time and necessity usually balances out the needs and the wants.
im just talking about a stable value for bitcoin as a currency that consumers could trust. i think the block-chain holds value as a public ledger but to use bitcoin as both a store of wealth and a currency system it should be backed by the value of gold and be directly exchangeable for physical gold since we have no hope of the dollar or any fiat currency returning to that standard. the only thing about bitcoin is it should be divided among countries (US bitcoin, Eurozone bitcoin, etc) so the standard of living could improve as individual production and economies improve assuming this was the main currency of exchange. like the dollar used to do before we started destroying it. needless to say there is a lot to be discussed here. i have no problem with barter either but its not practical for the entire population in such a technologically driven economy

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
and by divided among countries i dont mean governments, i mean assigned to a population so the value or purchasing power would reflect their economy

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and by divided among countries i dont mean governments, i mean assigned to a population so the value or purchasing power would reflect their economy
but that goes opposite as to what the value of gold does.....if you reflected the economy, that would be like saying gold is worth 1000 us dollars, but only 100 us dollars if you were in Mexico (just an example)

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
but that goes opposite as to what the value of gold does.....if you reflected the economy, that would be like saying gold is worth 1000 us dollars, but only 100 us dollars if you were in Mexico (just an example)
it would still be a relative value like it is now but instead of being paired against each other as the core value it would be paired against gold. so in your example if US bitcoins held more value it would be like 10 US bitcoins = 1 oz of gold and 50 Mexico bitcoins = 1 oz of gold. if you were in mexico and held us bitcoins it would be the same value no matter where in the world you held them. but mexico's economy wouldnt be running on us bitcoins, it would be mexico bitcoins to reflect their economy. a real value currency system so long as the population only accepted bitcoins since there is a fixed amount and value is tied to gold. other digital currencies would have to be viewed as fiat and unacceptable

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But that goes against every reason behind the creation of the bitcoin. It was meant to be the currency that defies the World Banks hold over others....

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But that goes against every reason behind the creation of the bitcoin. It was meant to be the currency that defies the World Banks hold over others....
no it doesnt, the reason central banks hold so much control is because they are able to manipulate interest rates and now that there is no gold backing they can print as much as they want. interest rates would be set by the congregate and competition of the lenders, the currency wouldnt be a note of debt issued at the will of the bankers, it would be a note of asset digitally tied to a piece of physical gold. no ownership to anyone except the current holder of the bitcoins/gold. a system like this would bring back the accountability we used to have with gold backing

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One problem. Gold is controlled by banks and governments.
http://www.wealthdaily.com/articles/who-owns-worlds-gold/2491
imbalances like those would be worked out in a free market, they control the price through futures paid for with fiat dollars and they can hoard the gold since they dont have to spend it, they can just print fiat and spend that. thats like saying well the top 1% that got rich through government subsidaries and regulations are going to stay rich forever and hoard the wealth even if we get real reform. except their income goes out the window if the government cant give them kickbacks and they would have to actually compete in the market while spending what they have. over time things would go to who deserves it. a lot of things would change for the better in a hard money system controlled by the people that use it

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We have different opinions, but both geared towards the same goal. A system controlled by the people that use it. One day, we will get there again.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On a lighter note....sure is a scary day when you can have a gun and use it as your avatar like a big boy, but your not mature enough to understand the basics of free trade, gold valuation, world economics and the idea of currency not dependent on debt..

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love guns, with all my heart, I am as anti anti-gun nut as you can get, just sucks to see morons with them...but now I can see you and your company are not worth a squirt of piss....thanks for the input however. BTW...Ive seen more gun play in my lifetime than you have seen in your Call of Duty marathons....but that's not what makes me a man. You should get to know people before you attempt to call them out. I've earned my stripes...and my scars, both are clearly visible....

Hope your above post does not hurt your sales after it gets seen by our thousands of readers....

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
O shut up with ur anti gun bs! If u don't like it move to the uk! I wasn't ragging on u get of my nuts man! Grow up smart ass piss ur pants if u seen a real gun! Look this guy keyboard tuff guy bet your mom is heating you up a hot pocket as u type away! "Hey mom where my hot pocket? I'm hating because I'm only 18 and can't own a firearm!" It's not called a gun it's a firearm or you just hating because I can build mods and push them and you can't because your on vapeing underground!

facebook.com/punishermods
there, now you can't edit it lol

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
O shut up with ur anti gun bs! If u don't like it move to the uk! I wasn't ragging on u get of my nuts man! Grow up smart ass piss ur pants if u seen a real gun! Look this guy keyboard tuff guy bet your mom is heating you up a hot pocket as u type away! "Hey mom where my hot pocket? I'm hating because I'm only 18 and can't own a firearm!" It's not called a gun it's a firearm or you just hating because I can build mods and push them and you can't because your on vapeing underground!

facebook.com/punishermods
Man.. talk about not understanding what you read and making assumptions about people you don't know making you look like an ass.....

BTW.. Buying a few 'firearms' :rolleyes: and throwing them on your bed doesn't make you a man or cool.. Just saying.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went through all of his threads last night....he is pretty much like this in each one so far. Granted, I might have been a little hard on him after his first post calling our thoughts and ideas, "junk", but still.....his confidence shows lacking, as does his ability to converse like a normal human being. Furthermore, he does a lot of talking down to clones/fasttech and counterfeiting....Lets see how he feels about Trademark infringement....I have sent a link to his product and webpage over to the Marvel and Disney Product Development and Licensing Departments as well as to their Legal inquiries Department.....Enjoy

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went through all of his threads last night....he is pretty much like this in each one so far. Granted, I might have been a little hard on him after his first post calling our thoughts and ideas, "junk", but still.....his confidence shows lacking, as does his ability to converse like a normal human being. Furthermore, he does a lot of talking down to clones/fasttech and counterfeiting....Lets see how he feels about Trademark infringement....I have sent a link to his product and webpage over to the Marvel and Disney Product Development and Licensing Departments as well as to their Legal inquiries Department.....Enjoy
LOL.. I was gonna mention the trademark infringement also..

VU Sponsors