Become a Patron!

Vape bags

iamlookingforthebathroom

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys. I like RDAs but unfortunately I can’t drive or walk around keeping my mod in my pocket. Are there any alternatives to carrying around leaky gear other than soiling our pants? I sought some and was rather dissatisfied with what I found. Is the niche so narrow that we are purely neglected as consumers or are there workarounds to pockets full of ejuice that make sellers overlook us drippers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zhaylin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you crochet or work plastic canvas? I taught myself plastic canvas for the sole purpose of making lanyards.
Google crochet lanyards (etc) and you can find some really nice ones on etsy and such. (I'm to cheap and stubborn to buy them myself).

If you know how to crochet I can try to share my pattern. I don't know how to read patterns but it's basic enough that I could probably walk you through it.

iamlookingforthebathroom

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you crochet or work plastic canvas? I taught myself plastic canvas for the sole purpose of making lanyards.
Google crochet lanyards (etc) and you can find some really nice ones on etsy and such. (I'm to cheap and stubborn to buy them myself).

If you know how to crochet I can try to share my pattern. I don't know how to read patterns but it's basic enough that I could probably walk you through it.

Thanks but I’m a guy :D. Would love to have had the skill though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zhaylin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Meh, guy or not, there's still hope for you :p YouTube is a friggin life saver. I learned a lot of crocheting and canvas needlepoint there.
I did a quick search though and found this https://www.etsy.com/shop/Studio88Creations
I was "friends" with them on FB for a long time and their stuff looked really nice. And going to their site, just now, their cases are actually really reasonably priced.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think eBay is a lot cheaper. :teehee:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always make sure to vape my RDA till it's almost dry, and, next, I let my coils cool down before I wrap the mod up in a kitchen aid (plastic bag for deep freeze / food storage). That's how I'm able to keep it in my pocket without any kind of troubles, as it also keeps tiny specks of dust from winding up inside my RDA.

Zhaylin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ooooh, I like that leather holder a lot. Leather's one of the things I thought about taking up but it's an expensive venture when you know nothing about it lol. Looks very durable!!
Keep looking. The paracord lanyards can be manly, as can the crochet ones (I once made a set for a guy and his mom). I like the ones that hang from my neck because of convenience.
I started with a Volcano basic mod though, then went to eLeaf with an Aspire tank. Now I'm using a VandyVape tank but I still prefer the Aspire for
out-of-the-house use (my 5ml tank doesn't need to be refilled but twice a day).

iamlookingforthebathroom

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ooooh, I like that leather holder a lot. Leather's one of the things I thought about taking up but it's an expensive venture when you know nothing about it lol. Looks very durable!!
Keep looking. The paracord lanyards can be manly, as can the crochet ones (I once made a set for a guy and his mom). I like the ones that hang from my neck because of convenience.
I started with a Volcano basic mod though, then went to eLeaf with an Aspire tank. Now I'm using a VandyVape tank but I still prefer the Aspire for
out-of-the-house use (my 5ml tank doesn't need to be refilled but twice a day).
Eleaf let me down once and I stay away since then. I like the evic of which I have two. A single and a dual vtc. I just bought an avocado 24 and I hate it sort of. Invented a way to wick it but it’s still a bit far from my old RDA.

Last edited:

iamlookingforthebathroom

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For squonkers.... Old flip phone cases.. Actually top right is a Kato clone with tank.
View attachment 100928

View attachment 100929
Would that I had one of those. Meanwhile I ordered from these guys. They were very amiable and are making a custom one for me. It’s really not that expensive considering My gear is worth at least two times its price. Will get back with a review after I receive it.

Zhaylin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, my eLeaf died a couple years back (could no longer screw on the tank) so I use an iPV D2 with my Aspire tank. For the Vandy I use a Fuchai 213. I'm happy with all of it so far though I wish the vandy had a bigger ?? well (storage capacity). I'll probably get into Squonking sooner rather than later lol.

I hope you love that pouch! And yeah, $63. seems more than reasonable for handcrafted leather.

Zhaylin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For squonkers.... Old flip phone cases.. Actually top right is a Kato clone with tank.
View attachment 100928

View attachment 100929
Thanks for sharing that, Cromwell. I might have a couple cases stored around here somewhere. If not,, Goodwill tends to get off the wall stuff sometimes and I might find some there. I could always fool around and repurpose one as a lanyard (my main gripe with my crocheted ones is it's more rounded so it tends to twirl. Plastic canvas tends to stay in place because it's squared but it's more fickle and time consuming to work with).

iamlookingforthebathroom

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi. So I promised I'll get back with a review. I got it for three days and I really like it. I don't get sticky pockets anymore and that's a huge thing :D. l like the quality for one. It's some thick cowhide I think and they told me that it's hand stitched for extra durability. I don't quite understand why they wouldn't use a sewing machine but I don't care much. I also asked to have it engraved and there was no problem. Here are some shots I took

Attachments

• IMG_3924.JPG
    IMG_3924.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3925.JPG
    IMG_3925.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3926.JPG
    IMG_3926.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3928.JPG
    IMG_3928.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Meh, guy or not, there's still hope for you :p YouTube is a friggin life saver. I learned a lot of crocheting and canvas needlepoint there.
I did a quick search though and found this https://www.etsy.com/shop/Studio88Creations
I was "friends" with them on FB for a long time and their stuff looked really nice. And going to their site, just now, their cases are actually really reasonably priced.
You should share photos of the ones you make!

(Side note: I know lots of "manly" men who knit and crochet, and even more who don't wear/use leather. I didn't know these things had a gender to them... ;) )

Zhaylin

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, Dessertine <3 I actually did start a thread http://vapingunderground.com/threads/need-crafters-advice.384613/

I'd love to sell mine, but until I find a better method, I just can't. The plastic canvas lanyards only live about 3 months and they take 6-12 hours to make (not counting however long it takes me to measure and cut and start over 50 million times because I measured or cut wrong lol).

The crocheted ones look much too ratty before even then (you know how sweaters and such get little yarn bumps, that happens :/ )

So, I make them for personal use and remake them as needed.

VU Sponsors