Become a Patron!

Vanilla cream custard with rum?

heineken

Member For 3 Years
So there are lots and lots of vanilla custards out there, but he only one mentioning rum that I could find was the Awesometown one, but a commenter pointed out that it wasn't very creamy, which I didn't think sound too good.

You know the creamy yet light/not too sweet tasting vanilla wipped cream with rum essence that's in the Napoleon cake? De-licious! Shouldn't be impossible at least to get fairly close to that taste with a vanilla custard ejuice that has a hint of rum, but it most definately would have to be on the creamy side.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream?
It is kinda like Cool whip to me but not too sweet.
Along with some CAP VC V1?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you want DIY or pre made juice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Cromwell, I wish I could try your eponymous custard, without having to mix it for myself!! :giggle:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cromwells Custard is cheap too.
Just like me :)
For less than $150 you can make 2 gallons of the stuff.

Egree

Member For 2 Years
So there are lots and lots of vanilla custards out there, but he only one mentioning rum that I could find was the Awesometown one, but a commenter pointed out that it wasn't very creamy, which I didn't think sound too good.

You know the creamy yet light/not too sweet tasting vanilla wipped cream with rum essence that's in the Napoleon cake? De-licious! Shouldn't be impossible at least to get fairly close to that taste with a vanilla custard ejuice that has a hint of rum, but it most definately would have to be on the creamy side.
Have tryed five pawns castle long its not exactly a perfect match as what your describing but its very good this is five pawns description Kentucky Bourbon, accented with toasted coconut, roasted almond, Madagascar vanilla bean, and laced with a caramelized brown sugar.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Have tryed five pawns castle long its not exactly a perfect match as what your describing but its very good this is five pawns description Kentucky Bourbon, accented with toasted coconut, roasted almond, Madagascar vanilla bean, and laced with a caramelized brown sugar.

How is it on coils? The caramelized brown sugar sounds like it might be hard on them, but very yummy!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is probably just TFA Brown Sugar extract.
which is sugar btw. It will crystallize in the freezer. But fine after allowed to warm up and shaken well.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

That almost sounds like Tiramisu.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But it requires on to actually take part in the Wild World of Mixing!!
Ohh it can be as wild as you want it to be.
I started out falling down the mixing rabbit hole but got over that in about a year.
Now just mix what I like and want.
Never got into scales, ultrasonic baths whizzer things and such.
Just got a bag or two of 1 ml and 5 ml syringes.
Rinse and reuse syringes but keep them assigned to a flavor or for nic use.
Only had to replace 1 syringe in the last 2 years.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ohh it can be as wild as you want it to be.
I started out falling down the mixing rabbit hole but got over that in about a year.
Now just mix what I like and want.
Never got into scales, ultrasonic baths whizzer things and such.
Just got a bag or two of 1 ml and 5 ml syringes.
Rinse and reuse syringes but keep them assigned to a flavor or for nic use.
Only had to replace 1 syringe in the last 2 years.

If you were starting out like me, what would you recommend as a one shot flavor to give it a try?
I’ve been spending more on buying juice than I have on mods or kits!
I bought a bunch of unflavored juice to try and add flavor to.

Egree

Member For 2 Years
How is it on coils? The caramelized brown sugar sounds like it might be hard on them, but very yummy!
Its not bad on coils as it's not super sweet its very good but more on the expensive. Side $25 for 60ml

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Its not bad on coils as it's not super sweet its very good but more on the expensive. Side $25 for 60ml

A bit much, but if they have sales, maybe I’ll try it. It sounds pretty delicious. People say good things about 5 Pawns, so I’ll be on the lookout. Have a good one!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It is probably just TFA Brown Sugar extract.
which is sugar btw. It will crystallize in the freezer. But fine after allowed to warm up and shaken well.

I think I’d rather have sugar at this point, rather than artificial sweetener. I wish some juice companies would say what they sweeten with, too.
Have a good night, Cromwell.
I wish I’d get new notifications, not ones from a day ago!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I’d rather have sugar at this point, rather than artificial sweetener. I wish some juice companies would say what they sweeten with, too.
Have a good night, Cromwell.
I wish I’d get new notifications, not ones from a day ago!

I use the NuNaturals Clear NuStevia for my sweetener.
I cannot tolerate any artificial sweetener, even sucralose.
I use the Brown Sugar Extract in My Cromwells Camel juice.
Does not seem to be a real bad coil killer.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I use the NuNaturals Clear NuStevia for my sweetener.
I cannot tolerate any artificial sweetener, even sucralose.
I use the Brown Sugar Extract in My Cromwells Camel juice.
Does not seem to be a real bad coil killer.

I use liquid stevia to sweeten coffee and whatever else. I bought Pyure, which tastes good and is pretty cheap (but organic.)
I don’t want to know from Sucralose! It reminds me of what happened with saccharine. I pretty much know Sucralose is not safe, no matter what bs they’re pushing.
I have the liquid stevia and an erythritol and stevia granulated blend, but I’ll probably stick with the liquid since it tastes slightly better.

I wish that I didn’t have to mix to taste your Custard, but I suppose I’ll take the first step fairly soon to mixing. If I’m going to be buying nic for SHTF, I may as well get other DIY stuff.

I hope you’re doing okay. I think folks were concerned about the baked goods getting eaten/given away thing. We all love you here!

:wave: :hug: :wave: :hug:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Baked goods?
Ohh that was just a typical day in the life of Cromwell.
My real name is Zathrus

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Baked goods?
Ohh that was just a typical day in the life of Cromwell.
My real name is Zathrus

Cromwell, I tried to send you a smorgasbord of food icons!
Glad you’re feeling better.

VU Sponsors