Become a Patron!

Vandyvape Pulse 80w - Update 006 TC

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hey folks,

Is anybody using the Pulse 80w in TC and version 006 of the firmware? I noticed after updating that TC is much less enjoyable than before and suddenly temperatures need to be dialled in much higher to get a similar experience. TCR setting is the same as before, wire too (SS316L).

Am I doing something wrong or is the firmware indeed behaving very differently, in which case I might just have to downgrade again? (Do like the changed mode switching though)

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I haven't updated mine because I constantly see people complain about the update. If you do a Google search you'll see what I mean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What did you search for specifically? Didn't find anything too awkward. Maybe I didn't search hard enough :)
Guess I'll downgrade then until the next update comes out (thanks @PuffOn for the heads-up)

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
What did you search for specifically? Didn't find anything too awkward. Maybe I didn't search hard enough :)
Guess I'll downgrade then until the next update comes out (thanks @PuffOn for the heads-up)
Just now I searched "Pulse 80 update" and it pulled up some links. I think the 6th link after that search is to reddit, and there you'll see people complaining about it.
But I originally saw every one complaining when I was simply reading what people were saying about the device in general, not after searching for anything update related.
I've been seriously thinking about putting mine up for sale on here. It's less than a month old and barely used. I like the RSQ a lot better than the Pulse 80, so I'd rather spend more money and buy another one of those.

Last edited:

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks @stanglifemike
I do like the Pulse a lot in wattage mode, though. No issues with it there. But when I was faffing about with TC, it's where it got a bit annoying, even more so after the update. :)
Don't know which weird voices in my head made me bother with TC anyway. Every time I try it, no matter which mod, it just sucks somehow. :gaah:

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks @stanglifemike
I do like the Pulse a lot in wattage mode, though. No issues with it there. But when I was faffing about with TC, it's where it got a bit annoying, even more so after the update. :)
Don't know which weird voices in my head made me bother with TC anyway. Every time I try it, no matter which mod, it just sucks somehow. :gaah:
Yea, not many people use TC. I rarely use it myself, so that isn't why I don't like the Pulse 80. Actually, I've never even used TC on the Pulse 80. But when I'm holding both the RSQ and Pulse 80 in my hands, it's a night and day difference in my opinion

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hm, just for fun and giggles I just changed to Ni200 wire, which I had flying around in the back of my cabinet. That works pretty well actually, with version 006. But I'll probably go back to good old Kanthal in wattage. :)

As for the RSQ, I don't have it. Might give that a go some day. I only have the Therion BF, VT Inbox 3 and (soon) two Pulse 80w. I like how light the Pulse is, and the bottles are awesome. Inbox bottles just make a mess all the time, threading is s**t and why they didn't make the bottles a little bit bigger to go all the way to the bottom of the mod instead of stopping 2 mm short is beyond me. Therion is great, but too heavy to lug around and battery changing is tedious.

Jixil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Yea, not many people use TC. I rarely use it myself, so that isn't why I don't like the Pulse 80. Actually, I've never even used TC on the Pulse 80. But when I'm holding both the RSQ and Pulse 80 in my hands, it's a night and day difference in my opinion

What's so different?

VU Sponsors