Become a Patron!

VandyVape - Phobia RDA

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Phobia RDA from VandyVape. The Phobia RDA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Pearl from Cigabuy.

http://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-vandy-v...11804.html

In the Box

Contents:

1 x VandyVape Phobia RDA
1 x Drip Tip
1 x Airflow Cap
1 x User Manual
1 x QC Card
1 X Screwdriver
1 x Allen Key
1 X BF Pin
Spare grub screws
Spare o-rings

Aesthetics

The Phobia RDA is a collaboration between VandyVape and Alex Vapers MD. The Phobia comes in the normal Vandy Vape plastic display casing and at first glance it looks like you get two. One side of the case sits the RDA with 810 ultem drip tip, the other sits an open style sleeve to accept a chuff cap with the ultem chuff cap ready fitted. You also get a 510 adaptor you can use with the pre-intalled sleeve so loads of choice. The sleeve is flat topped not rounded or textured in any way but it does have more shape to it if using the spare sleeve with chuff cap. When looking inside the spare sleeve with chuff cap you see the cap makes the inner a conical shape to help with flavour, with the pre-installed sleeve the inner of the sleeve it'self has the same conical shape. I received the Rainbow version, it is also available in Black, Stainless Steel and Gold. The base of the RDA has branding and safety stamps as well as a gold plated protruding pin. The front of the RDA has the Phobia logo etched on which to me looks a bit like a ghost, and finally when you take the 810 off the sleeve you can see engraved into the top of the sleeve the words, "NO MORE FEAR, NO MORE PHOBIAS".

Specs and Features:

Material: Stainless Steel
Diameter: 24mm
Height: 30mm
Weight: 134g
Unique base
Simple and vertical installation of the coils
Original bottom and side airflow
Option to use 810 drip tip and custom 24mm Chuff Caps
510 threading connection
Colours: Black, Gold, Stainless Steel, Rainbow

Assembling and Disassembling

The Phobia can be separated into it's various parts very easily. The drip tip comes straight out, with most RDA's i find i need to put on the device to pull the main sleeve off but on the Phobia the bottom airflow intakes act as perfect notches for your nails to get purchase and the sleeve pulls straight off. All the o-rings have the perfect tolerance and the RDA can be reassembled effortlessly.

The Build Deck

The deck is a duel build postless design with very big grub screws fixing your legs in place from outside the deck. It comes with Phillips head screws fitted but the spare ones are fastened using the supplied Allen key. The deck has 2 L shaped towers with outlets to the bottom and sides giving both bottom and side airflow. Fixing your coils in place couldn't be easier but due to small shallow juice wells when wicking you need to not have too much cotton, a good comb out helps. There is a plate over where the 510 enters the deck so when using the BF pin the juice gets directed straight into the 2 juice wells.

Performance

I used the Phobia as a standard dripper rather than fitting the BF pin as i normally do when using RDA's, a change is as good as a rest. The flavour i got from the Phobia was awesome, but i needed the airflow fully open as it's quite restricted. Having the airflow fully open made it perfect for me, but using the Phobia at high wattage some might find the airflow isn't enough. I got no leaking whatsoever from the Phobia but despite having 2 juice wells separated from the airflow, they aren't the deepest so would need to make sure you are not over Zealous when squonking.
The airflow can be adjusted easily but i think most people will want it fully open. The only fault i personally found which might not bother some is the airflow is loud and trying things to try and quieten it down just made it louder. I think the turbulence is lack of direction from outer inlets to the deck outlets. Quite often loud means a rough vape but actually i found the Phobia quite smooth.

Conclusion

The Phobia is an easy build duel coil RDA which gives great flavour and a smooth restricted hit, but it is noisy and some higher wattage users might find the airflow isn't generous enough.

Pros

Good build quality
Easy build
Nice looking
Great flavour
Spare sleeve with ultem chuff cap
Ultem 810 drip tip
510 adaptor
Separate juice wells
BF pin included
Easy airflow adjustment
Choice of Grub screw styles
Large Grub screws
Good size post holes

Cons

Noisy
Airflow might not be generous enough for some
Shallow juice wells

I would once again like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the Phobia RDA for the purpose of this review.

http://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-vandy-v...11804.html

VU Sponsors