Become a Patron!

VandyVape KYLIN Build and Review

First RTA - VV Kylin. Very easy setup (see pics). Build quality is very nice. Vapes well - top air flow. Price? Under $30 even under $20 on sale. I would recommend this RTA. On second tank of juice and cloud production and taste is on par with other sub-ohm builds / coils (similar to FreeMax Mesh Pro). I will likely experiment with other cotton moving forward - I used the VandyVape Mesh Coil cotton provided and despite saying it is flavorless It tastes like it takes some breaking in.

Mesh coils are readily available from VV, wotofo and perhaps one other manufacturer - 10 coils for under $10 (found mine for under $3). You can find wicking guides on youtube but it was far easier than most folks claim. Your not creating a work of art - just get some cotton threads down in the juice so it can wick. Did I mention that this thing looks great - whoop whoop!

I will work comparison reviews w/ other RTA's in the coming weeks.

I have full pics from build for reference if needed.

-AXIOMREVIEWS

Attachments

• IMG_4994.jpg
    IMG_4994.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5009.jpg
    IMG_5009.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5005.jpg
    IMG_5005.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5011.jpg
    IMG_5011.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5012.jpg
    IMG_5012.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5015.jpg
    IMG_5015.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
First RTA - VV Kylin. Very easy setup (see pics). Build quality is very nice. Vapes well - top air flow. Price? Under $30 even under $20 on sale. I would recommend this RTA. On second tank of juice and cloud production and taste is on par with other sub-ohm builds / coils (similar to FreeMax Mesh Pro). I will likely experiment with other cotton moving forward - I used the VandyVape Mesh Coil cotton provided and despite saying it is flavorless It tastes like it takes some breaking in.

Mesh coils are readily available from VV, wotofo and perhaps one other manufacturer - 10 coils for under $10 (found mine for under $3). You can find wicking guides on youtube but it was far easier than most folks claim. Your not creating a work of art - just get some cotton threads down in the juice so it can wick. Did I mention that this thing looks great - whoop whoop!

I will work comparison reviews w/ other RTA's in the coming weeks.

I have full pics from build for reference if needed.

-AXIOMREVIEWS

UPDATE: 10 days in and we've been putting this Kylin mesh RTA through the paces. We've noticed that the airflow is slightly restricted more than we'd like but after a week+ we've become used to it. It is plenty airy, we just like full-open type of airflow. I may drill out one of the holes a little larger. Taste is great. It's performance and taste is very similar to Freemax Mesh Pro. Only one half dry hit is all so far. We put on the larger bubble glass that came with the tank. No leaks whatsoever.

No signs of the coil wearing. We switched to the .20 mesh coil just to try it and battery life has went up by nearly 50% (ish) as our watts went down.

Threads on this thing were machined very well. Still loving the looks. I would still recommend this RTA

Almost a month in and we have to say this MESH RTA is great. Build seems to last forever. Less than 5 minutes to wick.

Tank is small - just 3ml. Maybe too small. The larger tank that is included hold 4.5 but it protrudes so far out that ONE DROP and it’s done. We dropped our once from 3’ and it shattered. The tank is only 24mm. Probably should have been 25 with a narrower deck to allow for more juice

Originally we were not excited about the airflow as it was about 10% too restricted, but now a few weeks in we have grown accustomed to it and it is fine

Ultimately we would recommend the tank. We will soon do a head to head with all mesh RTA’s available. Stay tuned.

VU Sponsors