Become a Patron!

Vandy vape swell kit review

wiz4vap

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I received swell kit from Vandy vape for the purpose of this review.

Vandy vape swell kit colors:

- US
- UK
- Obsidian black
- Red arowana
- Brown alligator snapper
- Green anaconda
- Blue iguana
- Violet
- Rock black
- Wave blue
- Swamp green
- Flame red

iUq1zSY.jpg

Mod specification:

- Size: 82mm x 26mm x 55mm
- Power range: 5-188w
- Coil resistance range: 0.05-3ohm

Atomizer specification:

- Length: 44.65mm
- Diameter: 26mm
- Capacity: 3ml / 4.5ml

In the package:

- Swell kit
- Accessory bag
- User manual
- 4.5ml bubble glass
- 0.15ohm single mesh coil

neyNQ10.jpg

Swell kit is designed and manufactured by Tony B and Vandy vape. This mod comes in black color and it comes with nice different panels that you can choose from, atomizer also comes in black color and the drip tip on the atomizer will be in the same color as panels on the mod. Kit looks really nice in my opinion.

y9WoNiN.jpg

Atomizer:

This atomizer is 26mm in diameter, height of the atomizer is 45mm. Build quality of the atomizer is very good, color quality looks good as well. You can see some details on the atomizer, on the top cap you can see the details that helps with the top cap and on the airflow control ring we have similar details to help with airflow adjustment, from the bottom of the atomizer you can see some informations and threads on the connection are good.

r693esk.jpg

Atomizer comes with 510 drip tip preinstalled, drip tip comes without o rings but the drip tip stands perfectly in the place, there is one o ring in the top cap that holds it in the place. On this atomizer you can use any other 510 drip tip with o rings without any problems. Drip tip that comes preinstalled is comfortable for using and I like to use it.
This is a top fill atomizer, on the top cap you can see some details as I said, details helps when you want to take off the top cap. You can pretty much easy take off the top cap, you only need half a turn and you can take it off, in my opinion very nice top fill system. When you take off the top cap you can see one fill hole, fill hole is big and you will have no problems with any bottles here. When you fill the tank there is no any leaking which is good.

KYzDZgE.jpg

Atomizer comes with regular glass tank, this tank has 3ml capacity. In the package you will receive bubble glass tank which is very good, capacity of the bubble tank is 4.5ml which is very good and I use this atomizer with bubble glass tank.
Atomizer comes with triple mesh coil, this coil has 0.15ohm resistance and recomended power for the coil is 50-100w. In the package you will receive one more coil, the coil from the package is single mesh coil with 0.15ohm resistance and recomended power for the coil is 50-90w. On the coils you can see engraved line to know when to refill the atomizer. When you are using the coil for the first time you need to prime the coil with few drops of e liquid. This atomizer is compatible with coils from jackaroo tank which is very good.
Threads on the base are good and I didn't have any problems with coils. On the base you can see the airflow control ring and on the ring you can see some details that makes easier airflow adjustment. On the airflow ring is a stopper and what you adjust on one side it will be the same on the another side.

KR8S39m.jpg

C3MelKh.jpg

How this atomizer works and my thoughts:

I really like the color on the atomizer, it looks very good, build qualty is also good and threads on the base are nice. Drip tip is in the same color as panels on the mod and I really like that, it is comfortable for using, but still someone would maybe like 810 drip tip here, but anyway you can use here any other 510 drip tip without problems. Filling the atomizer is very easy, there is no problems when you filling the atomizer and capacity with the bubble glass tank is very good. With this atomizer in the package you will receive two coils which is good and I like to use single mesh coil because I really like how this coil works, Wicking is great with my liquids, I use it at 65-70watts and I am happy with the flavor and vapor production. So, in my opinion this is more than good sub ohm tank and it looks very nice with the mod from the package.

Cons:

- You can't use 810 drip tips here (pro for someone)

Pros:

- Build quality is good
- Comfortable drip tip that looks good
- Good flavor
- Coils works good and I relly like the single mesh coil
- Smooth airflow
- Good capacity with bubble glass tank
- Easy to fill
- There is no leaking
- Two coils in the package

wiz4vap

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Swell mod:

Swell mod is a mod powered by two 18650 batteries and this mod works from 5-188w. Size of the mod: 82mm x 26mm x 55mm, and considering that this is a dual 18650 mod I would like to say that this mod is light weight. Build quality of the mod is good, or I will better say that build quality is great, designer of the mod says that they wanted to make well built light weight mod and in my opinion they made it. Color quality of the mod looks good as well, so far no any scratches on the mod and I use this mod every day and I carry the mod with me all the time. This mod is interesting because of two things, this mod has waterproof board which is great, but this mod also supports an app, with that app you can use "Find my mod" funcion, you can upgrade software via bluetooth and you have even more options with the app, very interesting in my opinion. I really like the design of the mod and I can say that mod is very comfortable for using. You can also see some details on the mod, from the back of the mod you can see engraved "Vandy vape", from the top you can see some details and engraved "Sweel". From the bottom of the device you can see holes and some informations.

OchqeUr.jpg

lvhg01h.jpg

IqBRBaS.jpg

From the top of the mod you can see stainless steel connection and we have here gold plated spring loaded 510 pin. Threads here are good and I didn't have any problems here with my atomizers. On this mod you can use atomizers up to 26mm in diameter without overhang.

This mod has replaceable panels and as I already said mod comes in black color and there is a lot of panels that you can choose from. I really like that because you can always buy another panels and change the panels whenever you want. Under the each of the panels there is slots, so you can remove the panels with your fingernail without any problems. Under one of the panels there is a battery department and you can see here battery orientation engraved and considering that you can take off both panels when the batteries are inside you can push them from behind in order to get the batteries out which is very nice. Considering the design of the battery department they made this mod light weight. We have here magnets that holds the panels, magnets are very good. Machining here is great and panels stays in place very good without any play which is very good. Also when you shake the mod there is no any rattling, so, as I said the build quality of this mod is more than good.

nNaMmbG.jpg

From the front of the mod you can see the screen, fire button, plus and minus buttons and usb port. The fire button on this device is big and it protrudes so it is easy to find the fire button. The fire button is clicky, works very good and it is comfortable for using. Plus and minus buttons also protrudes and plus and minus buttons works good.
On this device you can use usb port to charge your batteries because this mod supports balanced charging, but as always I suggest you to charge your batteries in external charger.
This device has very nice color screen, on the screen you can see everything very clear.
To turn on the mod you need to click 5 times on the fire button, to turn off the mod you need to do the same.
When you turn on the mod in the power mode on the screen you will see:

- Dual battery indicator
- 50w (example)
- COil resistance
- Volts
- Puff counter
- Puff time

GZT8sot.jpg

You can lock the device when you hold plus button and fire button and you need to do the same to unlock the device, when you lock the device you can't use plus and minus buttons but you can vape. If you want to lock the fire button as well you can do it also by changing this option in the settings, very nice that we have that option.
To change the working mode you need to click 3 times on the fire button and then you can scroll through working modes. I really like that we can actually turn off some of the working modes in the settings and then when you scoll through the modes you will not see modes that you turned off which is good.

Working modes here:

- Power mode
- BP mode
- Voltage mode
- Tc-ni
- Tc-ss
- Tc ti mode

To enter the menu system you need to hold plus and minus buttons, in the menu you can see:

- Setting
- Hibernate
- Bright
- Reset puff
- Ui
- Version
- Reset
- Exit

Protections on the device:

- Short circuit protection
- Open circuit protection
- Over-heating protection
- Low battery warning
- 10s cut off
- Over current protection

How this mod works and my thoughts:

Vandy vape swell is mod that I knew I will use every day, I really like this mod. Build quality of the mod is great, machining is very good and it is light weight. I really like how vandy chip works, it is really good chip that works without problems and I like so many options here. I really like the fact that we can change the user interface. Mod is very comfortable for using, it feels nice in the hand and the fire button is at right position. This device has waterproof board which is very nice because your device will be fine even if you drop it in the water, all you need to do if you drop in in the water is to take out the batteries and dry the usb port and the mod and you will be just fine, I really like that. In case that you drop the device in the water with batteries inside don't use batteries before you dry batteries because here is board waterproof. Considering that board is water proof you can take off the batteries and wash the device without any problems.
This device has very inovative function, it has bluetooth and it supports an app. You can use your phone to control the device which is really nice, you can change the power, adjust temperature and more, but also with your phone you can use "Find my mod" function, so in case that you lose your phone in the house you can easily find it which is really nice, I really like this function. Also the app can remind you to take your mod in case that you forget it somewhere which is really nice. Through this app you can update your software which is really good. In my opinion all the functions are really nice and interesting, very inovative, big pro for all of that.
So, swell mod is very well built mod, it is very comfortable for using, it has a lot of function and it works just great, also the board is waterproof which is another big pro here and I will for sure use this mod every day and I can suggest you this mod.

3qCsxJZ.jpg

PN3v3FF.jpg

Cons:

- There is nothing that really bothers me here, maybe only would be nice more stailness steel around the connection to make it scratch resistant on the top

Pros:

- Build quality is very good
- Very nice replacable panels
- Good design
- It feels nice in the hand
- You can use atomizers up to 26mm in diameter without overhang
- Waterproof board
- Light weight
- Balanced charging
- App with many functions
- Color screen
- You can see everything nice on the screen
- You can change UI
- Great menu system
- Panels stays perfectly in the place
- Fire button and minus and plus buttons works good
- There is no rattling when you shake the mod
- You can easily change the batteries

You can check it here: Vandy vape swell kit

LBOXWV3.jpg

sdmf74

Member For 4 Years
Are you sure the Swell has balanced charging cause I have a brand new married pair of Molicel batteries and after one or two charge cycles in the device the voltages are much different between the two batteries. If it has balanced charging it dont work worth a damn.

I know everyone is going to say "just use a charger" and I do occassionally I have an Opus, every once in a while (more often with this mod than DNA's) I pop them in for a charge or if they need a few refresh cycles.

VU Sponsors