Become a Patron!

Vandy Vape Pyro 24 RDTA

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, in this review i take a look at the Pyro 24 RDTA by Vandy Vape. I would like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy who supplied the item free of charge for the purpose of this review.

http://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-vandy-v...11003.html

In the Box

Contents:

1 Pyro 24 RDTA
1 Replacement Glass Tube
1 18.5mm Delrin Doc Drip Tip
1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1 Accessory Bag
1 Tri Tool

Available in Black, Silver, Gold and Rainbow

Aesthetics

The Pyro is quite a short, stumpy affair with a rounded top the matching Ultem glass and drip tip helps secure it as a very pleasing to the eye tank.

Disassembling and Assembling the Tank

To take the tank completely to bits so you can wash it or change to the clear pyrex glass first you need to unscrew the 510 pin which then allows you to remove a retainer pin. You then line the air holes up to remove the entire top section (which then seperates into two pieces) to reveal the postless deck. The deck can then be removed from the glass tube. obviously to assemble is just doing reversing the procedure.

Specs

24mm Diameter
4mL Juice Capacity
Superior Stainless Steel Construction
ULTEM Glass Reinforcement
Optional Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
Innovative Postless, Quad Terminal Design
2.5mm by 3mm Terminal Openings
Side-Secured via Phillips Flat Screws
Two PEEK-Insulated Positive Terminal Posts
Two Negative Terminal Posts
Single or Double Coil Configurations
Mixed Airflow Intake System - Two Different Airflow Channels
Convenient In-Fill Mode - Refill via Removing Top Cap
17.5mm Wide ULTEM Drip Tip
18.5mm Wide Delrin Doc Drip Tip
510 Drip Tip Adapter
Gold-Plated 510 Connection

The Build and Wicking

The 24 mm postless deck is the star of the show. It has two ramps which aims air at the back of the opposite coil so air will get to the entire coil solving the past failings of a side airflow. This unique airflow design together with the stumpy design of the tank should give great flavour. Fixing your coils in place is easy enough and the large wicking holes make wicking a breeze (i'm liking this a lot).
The two holes on the deck which are there to lock the top section into place can double up as filling holes so no need to disturb the wicking every time you fill the tank.

Performance

The first thing to mention before going on to how it performed is the textured black drip tip option is awful. It is so rough on the lips, not pleasant at all. Luckily it comes with a nice Ultem drip tip and a goon fits perfectly, you also get an adapter so you can use a favourite 510, and that's the way i rock 'n' roll.

I did a duel fused clapton build which came out at just over 0.28 (I was aiming for 0.3 but i'm still a work in progress). Wow the flavour is comparable to a RDA, Vandy Vape have nailed it with the Pyro. I can only put it down to the airflow system and tank design as i'm not the greatest at builds. 50W with a 0.28 build and both cloud production and flavour is seriously RDA standard. Because the lower of the 2 sections that make up the top of the tank locks into place allows for the top section to turn, making adjusting the airflow simple. I personally had the airflow wide open which gave me a very smooth vape. Whether a single coil build will give the same results i doubt as although you can do a single coil build the airflow is designed with a duel build in mind.

Great airflow design
large wicking slots
Seperate holes for filling
Didn't leak
Easy to build and wick
RDA quality flavour

Dislikes

Throw away the black drip tip.

Conclusion

The Pyro 24 RDTA is a seriously good tank which gives RDA flavour. Building and wicking is very easy and can be filled with no mess. You really can be both a cloud and flavour chaser.

I would like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy once again for supplying the Vandy Vape Pyro 24 RDTA and you can buy it here for an amazing price of only £17.76:

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, in this review i take a look at the Pyro 24 RDTA by Vandy Vape. I would like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy who supplied the item free of charge for the purpose of this review.

In the Box

Contents:

1 Pyro 24 RDTA
1 Replacement Glass Tube
1 18.5mm Delrin Doc Drip Tip
1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1 Accessory Bag
1 Tri Tool

Available in Black, Silver, Gold and Rainbow

Aesthetics

The Pyro is quite a short, stumpy affair with a rounded top the matching Ultem glass and drip tip helps secure it as a very pleasing to the eye tank.

Disassembling and Assembling the Tank

To take the tank completely to bits so you can wash it or change to the clear pyrex glass first you need to unscrew the 510 pin which then allows you to remove a retainer pin. You then line the air holes up to remove the entire top section (which then seperates into two pieces) to reveal the postless deck. The deck can then be removed from the glass tube. obviously to assemble is just doing reversing the procedure.

Specs

24mm Diameter
4mL Juice Capacity
Superior Stainless Steel Construction
ULTEM Glass Reinforcement
Optional Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
Innovative Postless, Quad Terminal Design
2.5mm by 3mm Terminal Openings
Side-Secured via Phillips Flat Screws
Two PEEK-Insulated Positive Terminal Posts
Two Negative Terminal Posts
Single or Double Coil Configurations
Mixed Airflow Intake System - Two Different Airflow Channels
Convenient In-Fill Mode - Refill via Removing Top Cap
17.5mm Wide ULTEM Drip Tip
18.5mm Wide Delrin Doc Drip Tip
510 Drip Tip Adapter
Gold-Plated 510 Connection

The Build and Wicking

The 24 mm postless deck is the star of the show. It has two ramps which aims air at the back of the opposite coil so air will get to the entire coil solving the past failings of a side airflow. This unique airflow design together with the stumpy design of the tank should give great flavour. Fixing your coils in place is easy enough and the large wicking holes make wicking a breeze (i'm liking this a lot).
The two holes on the deck which are there to lock the top section into place can double up as filling holes so no need to disturb the wicking every time you fill the tank.

Performance

The first thing to mention before going on to how it performed is the textured black drip tip option is awful. It is so rough on the lips, not pleasant at all. Luckily it comes with a nice Ultem drip tip and a goon fits perfectly, you also get an adapter so you can use a favourite 510, and that's the way i rock 'n' roll.

I did a duel fused clapton build which came out at just over 0.28 (I was aiming for 0.3 but i'm still a work in progress). Wow the flavour is comparable to a RDA, Vandy Vape have nailed it with the Pyro. I can only put it down to the airflow system and tank design as i'm not the greatest at builds. 50W with a 0.28 build and both cloud production and flavour is seriously RDA standard. Because the lower of the 2 sections that make up the top of the tank locks into place allows for the top section to turn, making adjusting the airflow simple. I personally had the airflow wide open which gave me a very smooth vape. Whether a single coil build will give the same results i doubt as although you can do a single coil build the airflow is designed with a duel build in mind.

Great airflow design
large wicking slots
Seperate holes for filling
Didn't leak
Easy to build and wick
RDA quality flavour

Dislikes

Throw away the black drip tip.

Conclusion

The Pyro 24 RDTA is a seriously good tank which gives RDA flavour. Building and wicking is very easy and can be filled with no mess. You really can be both a cloud and flavour chaser.

I would like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy once again for supplying the Vandy Vape Pyro 24 RDTA and you can buy it here for an amazing price of only £17.76:

I'm definitely getting this rdta when I can afford it. If love to do a review myself on this. This rdta caught my attention I like "stumpier" rdtas lol. What's wrong with stumpy. It represents my bod, and I think the ladies enjoy it.. im just going to stop while I'm ahead. Great review bro.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm definitely getting this rdta when I can afford it. If love to do a review myself on this. This rdta caught my attention I like "stumpier" rdtas lol. What's wrong with stumpy. It represents my bod, and I think the ladies enjoy it.. im just going to stop while I'm ahead. Great review bro.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Nothing wrong with stumpy mate.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Bumping this thread so other forum goers can chime in what they think of their Pyros! I have one coming in the mail with an Eleaf Invoke (very short dual 18650 mod), this will be my first RDTA and I also love stumpy.

VU Sponsors