Become a Patron!

Vandy Vape Pulse Bf kit Set up

WILLOW

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good evening,
I have purchased the above and am unsure of what coil to use. I have spent the day researching and can see how to build etc but there is a choice of 1 coil or 2. I have the coils pictured but not sure which 1 or 2 I should use. No-one seems to mention which coils they are using that I can refer to the ones I have :-(. Can anyone help and advice I am dying to try it and have never used a self-build before. Thank you in advance x

Attachments

• 52629680_1202915393205511_6877763351376560128_n.jpg
    52629680_1202915393205511_6877763351376560128_n.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 52602426_366575933932311_210202335190712320_n.jpg
    52602426_366575933932311_210202335190712320_n.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 9

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good evening,
I have purchased the above and am unsure of what coil to use. I have spent the day researching and can see how to build etc but there is a choice of 1 coil or 2. I have the coils pictured but not sure which 1 or 2 I should use. No-one seems to mention which coils they are using that I can refer to the ones I have :-(. Can anyone help and advice I am dying to try it and have never used a self-build before. Thank you in advance x
I don't have that one. But you'll probably get a good answer if you posted your request in this thread-
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/squonkers-are-bonkers.183977/page-840
Lot's of people that have used squonks longer than me frequent that thread.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Experiment and see what you like - it will be different for everyone

For simplicity, I'd start with the Clapton, but that is just me

As you have never used rebuildables before, watch a few wicking vids to make sure you are securing the leads properly and that the coil legs are cut correctly and nothing overhanging or protruding to cause a short of any kind

Welcome to VU and squonking :wave:

WILLOW

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Experiment and see what you like - it will be different for everyone

For simplicity, I'd start with the Clapton, but that is just me

As you have never used rebuildables before, watch a few wicking vids to make sure you are securing the leads properly and that the coil legs are cut correctly and nothing overhanging or protruding to cause a short of any kind

Welcome to VU and squonking :wave:
Thank you :) I have watched loads of videos on setting them up and testing the coil etc .... I just didn't know which coil to use or if to go for one coil or 2 :)

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wecome to VU! As Lucy suggested, gt to youtube and search for your RDA and watch videos. I know that may seem like a cop out, pass the buck answer, but it's how most of us learn on any new device. The videos have the visuals that's mor difficult to provide here. Good luck,.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thank you :) I have watched loads of videos on setting them up and testing the coil etc .... I just didn't know which coil to use or if to go for one coil or 2 :)

Experiment again with one and two coils to see what works best for you :)

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That's the beauty of vaping. Many prefer one coil. Many prefer two. Hell some like 3 or 4. IT's entirely up to you, but whichever you choose please, please, please make sure you are using good quality batteries and that you are building within the safe ranges of those batteries.

WILLOW

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am waiting until I can go to the shop and get a good 20700 battery to give it the best. I have watched loads but thought I would post here as nothing better than experience :).

I have been vaping for over 4 years now but have always used standard mods with their own tanks. I have a collection of smok and cool fire mods and different tanks for them for either mouth to lung or more cloud fun. This is my 1st venture into using RDA and squonking just brought this on impulse so still a baby learner haha.

Thank you for all your replies, I am impatient to try but I am going to wait until I fully understand what I am trying to do before I fire it up and have a go :)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And as you're using a mechanical mod make sure you check the ohms on an ohm reader or regulated device. And remember going from 1 coil to 2 coils you need to halve the resistance. 1 coil=. 42 2 coils would be. 21

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am waiting until I can go to the shop and get a good 20700 battery to give it the best. I have watched loads but thought I would post here as nothing better than experience :).

I have been vaping for over 4 years now but have always used standard mods with their own tanks. I have a collection of smok and cool fire mods and different tanks for them for either mouth to lung or more cloud fun. This is my 1st venture into using RDA and squonking just brought this on impulse so still a baby learner haha.

Thank you for all your replies, I am impatient to try but I am going to wait until I fully understand what I am trying to do before I fire it up and have a go :)

We all started somewhere. RDAs open a whole new vape dimension and rabbit hole.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have that one. But you'll probably get a good answer if you posted your request in this thread-
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/squonkers-are-bonkers.183977/page-840
Lot's of people that have used squonks longer than me frequent that thread.

Frank's right and Lucy, who replied earlier, is one of our resident squonk experts. The Pulse 24 RDA is a really nice RDA and very easy, and forgiving, device to start with. The mod is ok. It is a really good concept that suffers from dramatic voltage drop. Good luck and happy vaping.

WILLOW

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And as you're using a mechanical mod make sure you check the ohms on an ohm reader or regulated device. And remember going from 1 coil to 2 coils you need to halve the resistance. 1 coil=. 42 2 coils would be. 21
Thank you, I had not realised I was using a mechanical. I looked for a regulated mod and this one came up :-( I am definitely going back to drawing book nowhere near ready to try mechanical...far too scary

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you, I had not realised I was using a mechanical. I looked for a regulated mod and this one came up :-( I am definitely going back to drawing book nowhere near ready to try mechanical...far too scary

Do you have a photo of the mod?

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it is the mechanical Pulse, I'm going to differ from many here and tell you not to be intimidated by a mech. DO respect it. Do research. Learn ohm's law and make sure you are building within the safe limits of the battery. I too was very "scared" of mechs, but they are perfectly safe so long as you are doing you due diligence and treat them with respect. So many tend to vilify mechs to first time users and seem to forget that they too were once a first time mech user. Probably 75% of my vaping is on mechs after swearing that "I wasn't ready".

Be warned that once you try a mech that the rabbit hole gets really, really deep.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
This and the other thread should actually be merged

WILLOW

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it is the mechanical Pulse, I'm going to differ from many here and tell you not to be intimidated by a mech. DO respect it. Do research. Learn ohm's law and make sure you are building within the safe limits of the battery. I too was very "scared" of mechs, but they are perfectly safe so long as you are doing you due diligence and treat them with respect. So many tend to vilify mechs to first time users and seem to forget that they too were once a first time mech user. Probably 75% of my vaping is on mechs after swearing that "I wasn't ready".

Be warned that once you try a mech that the rabbit hole gets really, really deep.

Haha I started vaping to stop smoking and save money, the stopping smoking is going well but sure I am spending more than I ever did on tobacco :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
There's another thread? Quick! Let me get there and post the same replies.

Yes, you have been replying to two identical questions to two different sections, lol

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha I started vaping to stop smoking and save money, the stopping smoking is going well but sure I am spending more than I ever did on tobacco :)

Same here. I've come to grips with the fact that vaping is more of a hobby than an activity like lighting up a smoke.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Am going to merge these two thread. The question as posted Squonk forum and the Ask an Expert thread will no longer be there

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am going to merge these two thread. The question as posted Squonk forum and the Ask an Expert thread will no longer be there
I was going to but couldn't find the one while I was trying to drive. Saftey first, right? Lol

WILLOW

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was gonna say the same. I might be wrong in assuming.
Nope, you were right, I am now looking for a regulated mod to try 1st while I get to grips with all the info more, rather be safe than sorry. Been watching and reading loads and have the general gist but would still feel safer with back up :)

VU Sponsors