Become a Patron!

Vandy vape mesh RTA. OMG

hammerheaded

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone,
As u might be able to tell, I'm not a big talker but I've been vaping for a little while now. I don't usually post reviews or eve comment on equipment but I just got this new mesh rta an it's too good to keep to myself.
I've been into rta and rda for about six months now, I own the pulse 22, govad rda, govad rta, pyro, KYLIN, peerless, big baby beast rebuildable and many more. I use stainless wire for everything now, sometimes with nicad wrapped around it. I bought the mesh rda about 6 weeks ago and was happy with it. Flavor is great, only issue is u gotta drop it like feeding s baby bird or it leaks out the air holes. I held off on getting the rta for a while but now that I'm making (or saving) so much money mixing my own juice I figured I had the money and picked one up st w local shop. This think is awesome. Super easy to build and wick, flavor is awesome even with some of the thicker juices I've mixed. Seams to work better on temp control than the rda. I guess it's the thinner section of "coil" or whatever. I started with the 400 ss mesh and it's awesome. Only down side is that it uses diffent mech from the other one. So now I gotta buy more mesh even thou I've got three rolls from the rda.

Or forget mesh and go with regular coil. Clamps must be drilled with small drill or clamps will touch chamber. Much better vape.
92903e377ae0154462b3a4c4f33f11e7.jpg

hammerheaded

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I may try that someday,but right now I'm playing around with a sheet of 500mesh 316. I haven't any complaints so far.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Or forget mesh and go with regular coil. Clamps must be drilled with small drill or clamps will touch chamber. Much better vape.
92903e377ae0154462b3a4c4f33f11e7.jpg
I'm sorry but I'd never do that. If it didn't work I'd chalk it up. Not saying your wrong but I have a hard time and go through mental anguish if I set my mod it attys down too hard, let alone do unprofessional atomizer surgery LOL

If it works for you, that's all that matters in the end.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

hammerheaded

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, if someone realy wants to try a normal coil with this addy, I guess u could hammer flatten the ends to avoid the drilling. I have wanted to try a vertical coil in something for a while. My big baby beast has amazing flavor with the stock replacement (vertical) coils. I must admit it was one of the reasons I bought the mesh rta. I figured I would use it like that if the mesh didn't workout. I've tried stuffing a vertical coil in the govad with mild (very mild) success and absolutely failed with the berserker. There's a atty I wouldn't mind drilling some holes in. It's great when it's right, but the area around the coil is sooo small, it real hard to build something with enough resistance for temp control and still fit under the bell.

I didn't like mesh and it's horror dryhit ability. I don't see problem drilling 25€ atty, it's not 150€+ atty. I have drilled clamps very clean and precise so I can still use mesh if I want (don't).
This is not vertical coil like in beast and most subohm tanks. Cotton is inside coil not around like beast coil.
Anyway I'm very satisfied with results, flavor is way better then with mesh coil and airflow is better without ton of cotton inside chamber.
In my opinion Vandy Vape should gave us option to use regular coils like in RDA not mesh only.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
For those of you wanting to use regular coils maybe rectangle wire would be an option.

hammerheaded

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For those of you wanting to use regular coils maybe rectangle wire would be an option.
Where can u buy that? I have ribbon wire in .8 and .5 width, but it seams too thin. I haven't found anything available thicker than .2mm(I think that's it). It doesn't seam to handle the power very well.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Where can u buy that? I have ribbon wire in .8 and .5 width, but it seams too thin. I haven't found anything available thicker than .2mm(I think that's it). It doesn't seam to handle the power very well.

My rectangle wire I got from kbeevapor.com. It's nichrome 80 .9x.3.

VU Sponsors