Vandy Vape Govad RTA, A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
4169507fac831a834ef2f79b37d8a866.jpg

Full Disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This tank was sent to me directly from Vandy Vape specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this tank a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Typical Vandy Vape packaging. I really wish they would up their presentation game. They have such beautiful tanks and atomizers yet they put them in cheap-looking boxes. Tank looks really nice and well machined but there's some kind of black piece sitting inside of the tank. Going to have to check this out and dive a little deeper.

What’s In The box:

1 GOVAD RTA
1 14mm Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
1 510 Drip Tip Adapter
1 Replacement Glass Tube
Spare Parts & Screws
b690ac78812c2975764c6d2a7a2fa241.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

Unfortunately this tank only comes with two drip tips not the usual three that I have become accustom to with Vandy Vape products. You do get a wide bore ultem drip tip and a more narrow Delrin drip tip. Vandy Vape also includes a 510 adapter so you can use all of your own drip tips. Without the 510 adapter it takes Goon style drip tips. The top cap is machined beautifully it has a slightly raised platform on it. Of course because the drips tips are 810 compatible there is an O-ring inside with a little catch cup for juice. The top cap screws off the tank very smoothly and has some really nice knurling around the edges.
5884a36b5446d6482c1a0fb42c1d3fee.jpg

The fill ports are kidney bean shaped and will accommodate any type of bottle. The chimney is not too wide but at the same time it's not that narrow either. The chimney leads down to a conical shaped barrel that covers your build. The barrel has two juice flow control holes and I am sure the conical design of it enhances the flavor of this tank. The nice thing about the JFC is it is not free spinning. It actually stops which is a really nice touch. I love the fact that Vandy Vape pays attention to little details like that.
c12451817dbf633cb166b807ba8cefe2.jpg

f46a520885b37ed06202a3be68f1657e.jpg

When I first mentioned the tank in the first impressions section you may recall I commented on a black piece being in the tank. What this is is a spacer that makes the tank tpd compliant in Europe. It cuts the capacity down to 2mls. When you think about it, it is actually pure genius let me explain. Vandy Vape didn't have to make an extra glass or a chimney extension in order to be able to sell to our brothers and sisters across the pond. Instead they just made a spacer that can be easily taken out. Basically a nice way of telling Europe to go to hell with their to 2ml capacity limitation. I love it, I think all Vape companies should use a spacer like that because we all know that most vapers given the choice of running a 2ml tank or a 4ml tank will opt for the 4ml tank. Vandy Vape came up with a slick way of getting around that rule and I applaud them for that. Great job Vandy Vape! I love the way you used innovation and common sense to not allow heavy handed governments to affect your business.
6a96fbd518c82624f377a4045c265f06.jpg

The base has your typical branding on the bottom and there is a gold plated 510 pin. There is some knurling on the based however it is not as deep as the knurling on the top cap. The airflow control is smooth and seamless. It has 3 positions that click into place. It is adjustable and there are stoppers on both ends of it. The base measures in a 23.7mm and tapers up to 26mm. This makes it look good on most mods that will handle a 25mm tank.
c3eba7e6fc2024769db38ac0507298b2.jpg

918c946ce46f62572b2819f04b52c070.jpg

The Deck:

The deck is where the Govad really shines. It is a single coil clamp style deck. Both sides of the clamps are wide open and they form a T shape so you can slip your leads into either side. Directly under the coil there is a Kennedy style airflow. Right underneath the T clamps there is also some air flow slots. The screws for the deck are Phillips head screws. The whole deck is gold plated along with the screws and there is some branding under one of the clamps. The wicking ports are kind of shallow and do not require a lot of cotton. You can fit a pretty big single coil in this deck. I have no problem running a 4mm coil and I probably could go a lot bigger if I wanted to.
8dcf36b865106b38f2a78b98d16bb74f.jpg

865f30b44bef960b9f673d040ec071d5.jpg

Building And Wicking:

Building this deck is pretty straightforward. It is very easy to install a coil and secure your leads. On this deck coil placement is key. You do not want to run your coil too high but at the same time you don't want to run it that low either. I like to run my coil about 3 - 4 mm above the air tubes. It has to be at just the right angle in order to take full advantage of the side air flow.

Unlike a lot of single coil RTA’s this tank does not require a lot of cotton. It has been my experience that most single coil RTA’s require you use a lot of cotton in the wicking ports. Because of the narrowness and shallowness of the wicking ports the less cotton you use on this deck the better off you are. If you use too much cotton you will choke off the juice flow and get dry hits. I cut my cotton so it barely hits the bottom of the juice sport I also make sure I thin it out a lot so it doesn't clog up the juice flow. In fact the perfect cotton for an RTA like this is Vapers Choice Cotton. It is very straight and not traditionally fluffy. I did a review of that cotton under the Wicks and Wire section.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
But Deuces, How Does She Vape:

Anyone who follows me knows that I love single coil RTA’s. They're just my jam. The thing I like about single coils is I can get a very satisfying vape while at the same time I am using less wattage and less juice. Today the Govad is one of the best single coil RTA tanks I own. It chuck's clouds and gives great flavor. It is a very wide open airflow for a single coil RTA. I get much better flavor when I cut the air flow down halfway. Running the tank wide-open definitely affects the flavor. You airflow hogs will love it but the restricted lung hit crowd may find themselves shutting down the AFC significantly.

Right now I am running a staggered fused Clapton in my Govad RTA. I am ohming out at .33 ohms. I'm running this build at 50 Watts. I am also in TC mode at 500 degrees Fahrenheit. I am getting an extremely flavorful vape. I have the airflow halfway open and the clouds I am getting are almost as good as I get with most dual coil builds. Now remember I'm getting this flavor and clouds at a little more than half the wattage that I would usually run for the same setup in dual coil mode.

Conclusion:

If you are like me and love single coils then you should definitely give the Govad RTA a serious look. Maybe you're the type of vapor that doesn't like to run the super high wattage tanks? I know I for one am not one of those vapers that likes to run 150 watts all day. I use my Govad to get great flavor and more than decent vapor production for a single coil RTA. It suits me just fine in that department. You will have a hard time finding a better performing single coil RTA on the market today. There are some that come close but the Govad seems to just edge them out. Believe me I own most of the popular single coil RTA’s on the market in the last year and this one lunger is legit.

If you found this review helpful please feel free to leave a comment, give it a like, and give me a follow. If you are a Vendor and would like a DeucesJack Review please PM me on this forum.

Pros and Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Pros:

* Flavor
* Cloudage
* Machining
* 2 drip tips
* TPD compliant
* 510 drip tip adapter
* Smooth airflow
* Easy to build
* Nice knurling
* Juice flow control with stopper
* Not a juice hog
* Tank tapers up so it looks good on most mods

Cons:

* Can be a bit finicky to wick
* Significant loss of flavor when run wide open

Specs:

* 23.7mm Base Diameter
* 26mm Diameter at Widest Point
* 4mL Maximum Juice Capacity with Removal of Block
* 2mL Standard Juice Capacity
* Superior Stainless Steel Construction
* Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
* 24K Gold-Plated Build Deck
* Unique Clamp-Style Two-Post Design
* Centrally Secured via Phillips-Screws
* Spring-Loaded Clamps for Easier Set-Up
* Dual External Adjustable Airflow
* Three Directional Chamber Airflow
* Dual Centralized Internal Air Tubes
* Dual Slanted Internal Air Slots
* Juice Flow Control
* Convenient Threaded Top-Fill Design
* ULTEM Wide Bore Drip Tip
* 14mm Wide Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
* 510 Drip Tip Adapter
* Gold-Plated 510 Connection

The Tank On Different Mods:

On The Envii Lochness:
4e19e2f0df5bb11b47b8f2f45fd903c3.jpg

On The Smoant Charon Variable:
c6ee44879608ce75110cdae8a363a5b2.jpg

On The Asmodus Reborn:
59f2763bd69275f82da0eaef47c9914d.jpg

On The Lost Vape Therion:
ffe11ef53449ed984e4701e9042b028a.jpg

On The Sx Mini G Class:
e24188e6a6c77b65d172587080040d45.jpg

On The Lost Vape Triade:
1e2ca313553a0d31c809e738fcb221e8.jpg

On The Smok G150:
0cd374f0c2f8a9bdf8661f52f44294fb.jpg

For more information about the Vandy Vape products please go to: Vandyvape.com

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks Jack Great review as always

I have but one question and here it is...

Does this leak?! If I were to get this would I have another kylin on my hands?

Ok technically there two in there but one in the same question lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks Jack Great review as always

I have but one question and here it is...

Does this leak?! If I were to get this would I have another kylin on my hands?

Ok technically there two in there but one in the same question lol
Lol, I knew that was coming and tbh I probably should have made a statement in the review. No, I am happy to say that my Govad RTA does not leak at all. The reason I didn't say it in the review is because I try to judge each tank individually on its own merits. Thanks for reading bro and thanks for the kind words.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Right I'll be fair to vandyvape here then if an when I get my kylin deck replacement and it's working fine I will seriously look at this tank as I do love a single coil atty as well especially one with pharoah style clamps! My favourite clamp style so far

And I'll be dumping that TPD bung straight away and posting that with a message to the Unelected Eurocrats in Brussels vaping happily on 4ml!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Right I'll be fair to vandyvape here then if an when I get my kylin deck replacement and it's working fine I will seriously look at this tank as I do love a single coil atty as well especially one with pharoah style clamps! My favourite clamp style so far

And I'll be dumping that TPD bung straight away and posting that with a message to the Unelected Eurocrats in Brussels vaping happily on 4ml!
Lol, I thought that part was pure genius. It's always the simple ideas that are the best. What a marvelous work around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Lol, I thought that part was pure genius. It's always the simple ideas that are the best. What a marvelous work around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yep hahaha its a proper fuck you and all for a couple of pence! Fantastic idea hope they all do this as it doesn't need a change in the design

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thx man. Now I gotta compare it to the Ammit 25. It's gonna be close.
That's what I was just about to ask you lol! I'm really curious about how the Ammit 25 compares. Was afraid of the Govad 1. Cos I heard it's airy & 2. The Kylin's seeping bottom, I know this is the Govad but since the same people make it.
Look forward to your comparison.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's what I was just about to ask you lol! I'm really curious about how the Ammit 25 compares. Was afraid of the Govad 1. Cos I heard it's airy & 2. The Kylin's seeping bottom, I know this is the Govad but since the same people make it.
Look forward to your comparison.
So far they are close but the Govad has more airflow. The 25 is more restrictive. I need more time with the 25 though.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks great review, I am going to but this model instead of a couple of others I have been looking at the leaking was kinda freaking me out on the Kelyn model, I want no leaking tanks on My SX mini G class and it looked great on yours.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks great review, I am going to but this model instead of a couple of others I have been looking at the leaking was kinda freaking me out on the Kelyn model, I want no leaking tanks on My SX mini G class and it looked great on yours.

Thx Puff, appreciate that. It'll look great on your G Class.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For some reason I can not find this Govad RTA I think I clouded my mind up lol

VU Sponsors