Become a Patron!

Vamo v5 question.

Boshears

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I know it is out dated, I use it when I'm at work. Normally when not at work it's my Sigelei 150 with a Atlantis or Kanger sub tank or a aspire vv with a mini nautilus. I got only about $23 in the vamo vape.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The vamo is a nice little device...i have the v2 clone thats working great.

I dont see any reason why you couldnt drill through the top ring...however i dont see how youll get more air flow as the tank pretty much dictates that unless your breathers are in the 510 like a protank or protank 2 is...Even then i dont see much of an improvement.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First.... Remove the top ring to fully expose the ego threading and then vape to see if it improved the airflow or if it's just the atomizer you have causing the restriction.

If you do end up drilling it out ( because it did help with the top ring off )... be careful of the threading or you'll need to chase ( clean them out ) the threads to get the top ring back on

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You are asking a question about a very subjective subject... you want more airflow and what you have doesn't do it for you... then find something that may but what that something is will be subjective and only you will be able to say what will work for you.... or you could look into modding the atomizer you are wanting to use on it...

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Youre limited to 15 watts with the vamo so some of the better tanks with alot of airflow and very low ohm coils wont work so well with your vamo 5 unfortunately...Youre limited to about 1.5 ohms with 15 watts.

Just a suggestion and i have this tank myself but maybe try a Kanger protank 2 with a kanger version 3 air flow controller...This controller moves the air intake well above the 510...its not a super dupper airy draw but its miles ahead of the stock 510 breather holes on the stock kanger base.

Coils are cheap and easy to rebuild if you wanted to learn to do it yourself.

Heres my protank 2 with the V3 A.F.C. on my vamo v2...You can see the airflow to the tank is nowhere near the top ring and poses zero air flow restriction.
2015-03-13 00.24.51.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors