Become a Patron!

Uwell Valyrian Sub-Ohm Tank

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, I would like to thank Eric from Cigabuy for supplying the Valyrian free of charge for the purpose of this review.

http://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-uwell-v...10989.html

What do you get?

This tank comes in the best packaging of any vaping item i have received to date. The packaging is a tube with the top half of the tube see through. In this section of the packaging, on a tank stand the assembled Valyrian tank stands proud like a trophy.

1 x VALYRIAN Tank Atomizer
1 x Extra Pyrex Glass Tube for 5mL
1 x 0.15ohm (Pre-installed)
1 x Extra 0.15ohm Coil Head
1 x Extra Rubber O-rings
1 x Extra Drip Tip
2 x Extra Pins
1 x User Manual
1 x Drip Tip Cover
1 X Tank Stand

In the bottom section of the packaging is where you find all your extras which include an extra 0.15 coil, spare glass, replacement drip tip, spare o-rings and 2 airflow effect pins (a new idea).

The tank comes with matching spare friction fit drip-tip and o-rings allowing you to change the colour scheme.
My tank came with a blue band on the drip-tip and fitted blue o-rings the spare drip-tip has a green band, the spare o-rings being green also.

Assembling and Filling Tank

The tank can be taken apart and reassembled with ease and the coil simply screws into the base. The top-filling system is great, simply press a button located at the bottom of the top-cap and it springs open revealing 2 large filling slots, the tank can hold 5ml of liquid. To close again just press the top-cap back down to be greeted by a reassuring click as it locks in place. If you wish to use the airflow effect pins simply remove the coil, take out the 510 pin and replace with one of the pins. Then screw the coil back onto the bottom base, the pin feeds through the center of the coil.

attachment.php

Spec

25mm Tank Diamenter
5mL Standard Juice Capacity
8mL Maximum Juice Capacity - Extension Glass Not Included
Superior Stainless Steel Construction
Quartz Glass Reinforcement
0.15ohm Dual Coils - rated for 95-120W
Spiral Pin - Flavor-Focused Delivery - rated for 95-105W
Unrestricted Pin - Cloud-Focused Delivery - rated for 100-200W
Wave Pin - Balanced of Flavor/Cloud - rated for 100-120W
Hinged Flip Top-Fill Method - Press to Open
Precision Dual Auxiliary Adjustable Airflow
Sloped Widebore Drip Tip - Vibrant Colorways
510 Connection
Available in Stainless, Black, Sapphire Blue, Violet, and Iridescent Rainbow

Performance

First i will tackle the pins, I didn't reach a conclusion on these, not sure they are just a gimmick as especially the spiral pin did something to the airflow that i'm not certain would of been achieved simply by adjusting the normal airflow. I'm less convinced by the other pin, which shape can only be described as a mini model of a sex toy. This pin did just restrict the airfow exactly as could of been achieved in a normal manner.
I try all sorts of wattages and have a dabble at everything, however my normal vaping style is low wattage DL (30w - 60w) and high wattage MTL (18w - 25w) so i was a bit dubious how i would get on with the 0.15 coils recommended at 95w - 120w. Wow i found i could do the full 120w due to the fact the tank produces such a smooth clean vape. It wasn't over hot and also the tank kept cool, very impressed. The flavour is very good and probably peaked at 110w although the flavour was very good from 80w (yes lower than the recommended range) right up to the 120w. Of course it was gobbling battery juice so i settled for still high for me a flavoursome 90W, with the vape being so smooth i could vape on this all day. I personally wouldn't use this tank around the public as i can only describe it has a cloud machine. For those who have had bad experiences of leaking tanks i am pleased to tell you there was no sign of leaking from the Valyrian during the time i have been using it.

Additional Information

At the moment you can only get 0.15 coils but there are plans for other options soon. Also there is a bulge glass either available or will be soon increasing the capacity to 8ml.

Conclusion

The Valyrian is a flavoursome cloud machine that gives a clean, smooth vape at high wattages. Although unsure about the airflow effect pins hats off to Uwell for trying something new. Being able to change colour scheme is another nice touch.

Good Flavour
Smooth Vape
Lots of Extras
Great Top-Filling System
5ml Capacity
Airflow Effect Pins (Nice Idea)
No Leaking
Tank Stays Cool
Suburb Packaging

Dislikes

Only the obvious which is unavoidable with high wattage tanks which are:
Gulps Down Liquid
Eats Up Battery life

attachment.php

I would like to thank Eric from Cigabuy once again and you can get the tank here:

http://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-uwell-v...10989.html

I agree with virtually your entire review, the only thing I experienced differently than you was that my tank got REALLY hot. Like almost too hot to touch. I was vaping it at around 90 watts (low end of the suggested usage).

EDIT: The drip tip did stay cool.

Last edited:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi mate i went for 90 watts also, maybe it's just comparing it to experiences of other tanks or different rates of vaping because i'm not normally as high as 90 watts i was far from chain vaping and i found the tank was nice and cool.

Niter

Member For 2 Years
Had mine for almost a week, got the Project Sub Ohm Edition. So far I am loving it, better flavor than the Vaporesso NRG and the Baby Beast. Used it on a Revenger X and now is basically glued to my Triade. Pushing 115w the tank stay cool, juice consumption is on par with similar tanks, battery drainage is of course faster than normal, coil still going strong (used needle and poked holes in the cotton). Some review talk about the coils being SS but as far as the documentation goes they are A1 Kanthal Clapton.

Niter

Member For 2 Years
SO far I am very impressed, to the point I have a purple and a silver one coming. And I got a Black Friday door buster deal for a Project Sub Ohm Paranormal 166 with the Project Sub Ohm Valyrian and 2 batteries for a whopping $149. :xD::xD: :bliss:

VU Sponsors