Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown with ni200 coil

Aye P

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does the wattage have any affect in temp mode? I need some suggestions to get the best out of this please.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, Wattage or Joules depending on what mod you have will have an effect in TC mode. It's gonna set how hard or fast it hits the coil to get it to the set temperature. Flavor is gonna be more effected by the temperature you set it at. I run an IPV3Li , and it runs TC in Joules. I vape mostly 30-40 Joules at 420-480 F.

Aye P

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, Wattage or Joules depending on what mod you have will have an effect in TC mode. It's gonna set how hard or fast it hits the coil to get it to the set temperature. Flavor is gonna be more effected by the temperature you set it at. I run an IPV3Li , and it runs TC in Joules. I vape mostly 30-40 Joules at 420-480 F.

I have the Snow Wolf and it doesn't have Joules mode. Is there a wattage you recommend?

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the Snow Wolf and it doesn't have Joules mode. Is there a wattage you recommend?
Look on a coil, they usually have the recommended wattage range printed on it. I would start at the low end and work up until you find your sweet spot. I'm sure someone else will chime in soon with a suggestion.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm correct in thinking that you should not use the NI200 coil on a non-TC mod, right? I was planning on taking the included NI200 coil apart and rebuilding it with kanthal, as I won't be buying a TC mod anytime soon. Just figured I'd ask to verify before I begin the rebuild.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm correct in thinking that you should not use the NI200 coil on a non-TC mod, right? I was planning on taking the included NI200 coil apart and rebuilding it with kanthal, as I won't be buying a TC mod anytime soon. Just figured I'd ask to verify before I begin the rebuild.
Yes you are correct! (That's a bitch of a coil to rebuild!)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is correct... You should not use the Ni200 coil on a
non-TC mod...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes you are correct! (That's a bitch of a coil to rebuild!)

Thanks guys, I appreciate that confirmation. :)

And ya, we'll see how it goes. I recently rewicked some Aspire Triton vertical coils for a friend of mine, so I at least have the general idea of what's involved.

Actually, just pulled it apart, and looks like it'll be a bit more challenging than the Triton coils. Gotta go through the top, too. Also, an aside, that NI200 wire is tripping me out. Single-wire leads at each end, that morph into two smaller wires for the body of the coil. Weird! :confused:

VU Sponsors