Become a Patron!

Uwell crown leaking

Mal the Mello King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a black crown tank and recently its been leaking quite a bit from above the airflow ring.. I've tried replacing the orings once before.. Does anyone else have a suggestion? I actually loved the tank before the leaks and had just bought a pack of the nickel coils but now they are going unused sadly.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mal the Mello King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It could be coming through the airflow as well but I'm not really sure as its just been really pouring out.. So I've gone back to my Triton and my rdas

Gina3FVAPE

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There may be several possibilities:
1 the o-ring. Just change the o-ring to see if it's loosed.
2 the coil, the coil isn't tight fixed on the deck or the o-ring ot the coil is loosing.
3 the air flow, try smaller airflow to see
Hope this can help.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had one for a few days and it never leaked. While researching, I found that those that did have leak issues had bad coils that were not secured at the bottom part of the coil.

Mal the Mello King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've replaced the oring twice now but I'll try changing out the coil to see if that helps

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my Crowns will sort of ooze (I use this one the most). I take it completely apart, remove all the O rings, wash everything, dry it, then put it all back together. Fixes it for a few more days!

Mal the Mello King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I need another o ring pack then

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Both mine seep from the air flow. Doesn't make a mess, so I don't consider it a problem. However, doesn't make a lot of sense that it does that. I mean if the tank leaks, or the coils leaks, fine. But why it seeps out there of all places doesn't make a lot of sense.

So far, my ankle hasn't leaked. Sometimes there is juice in the base. Either the coil isn't tight, or the ring of the coil is no good.

Now lately, I have had a problem filling up. Top fill, air valve closed, put the top back on, loose half a tank. It's in the base. Don't get it. Clean it up, use it. Later on, go to my second one... Well it's upside down and it ran out the top. Now other tanks gave done that... But sort of my fault allowing some holes to be open to vent and allow the others to drain.

Anyway, just adding mine. Anything with orings will leak at some point. We'll see. Washed everything up tonight and replaced the Rings.

Mal the Mello King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe the "authentic" coils I got aren't any good despite them having all the uwell branding and the case seeming to be authentic

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So how much is it "leaking"? Mine only has a film. Nothing messy. To me, messy is a leak.

The air valve is just a ring. I don't know how it comes apart, or was put together. But it just seems odd to me anything would show there. But it does. When I have juice in the base, who knows. The ring leaking. Accumulation of vapor condensing. I know I've had both. A leak and accumulation.

These seals are not that critical. There are real pressures involved. Orings can seal systems with pressure in the thousands of psi. It's all in the design. So our stuff is just a surface with a o-ring compressed a bit. Really simple. And from a manufacturing stand point, either the mating surfaces are insufficient, or he o-ring is not sized right. But the Crowns are well made. So the only thing left is to replace rings. Which you have done.

There are only a few rings. You have to determine the one that's not sealing.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all,
I had leaking from the first, it looks like the flat washer looking ring in the center of the top is the culprit, from use it becomes distorted and comes out of it's seat, it stretches. I have cleaned it and put it in my freezer to shrink back into shape. So far it works. If that flat washer seal does not seal, when you screw the cap on, no seal, no vacuum, leak.

Last edited:

Mal the Mello King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll replace that one next.. I did the lower o ring since that seemed to be where it was coming from but that top washer ring COULD be the culprit

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My top one came loose once. When I filled it next time I noticed. It must have sealed enough because that was not a time I had trouble. But ya, that will definitely allow the tank to drain.

The bottom one, if it stayed submerged, would leak between chimney and coil. Could drain it, or just allow flooding /gurgling/spitting.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll replace that one next.. I did the lower o ring since that seemed to be where it was coming from but that top washer ring COULD be the culprit

When you top fill, do not over fill, I leave about 1/8th of a inch glass showing, if you overfill when you screw the top on, pressure, leak!
Also do not vape it empty, if the juice falls below the juice holes in the coil, no vacuum, leak.

Mal the Mello King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh wow I didn't realize that all was a factor

I have a black crown tank and recently its been leaking quite a bit from above the airflow ring.. I've tried replacing the orings once before.. Does anyone else have a suggestion? I actually loved the tank before the leaks and had just bought a pack of the nickel coils but now they are going unused sadly.,

I know this was posted some time back, and I hope you found the problem to your leak, however I thought I would post my solution to this leaking problem to hopefully help others with the same issue. Uwell have a good reputation for build quality, so it's very unlikely that the O rings, or faulty coils are to blame for this problem.

I have two crowns, and both leaked until I came across the correct way to re-fill top filler tanks.

When top filling, follow these steps.

1. Close off AFC completely
2. Unscrew top
3. Fill, but don't overfill (as this won't allow you to "vacuum seal" your tank in the step below.)
4. Screw top back on
5. Turn tank upside down and allow juice to settle for a few seconds
6. Whilst upside down open up AFC fully (This creates the very important vacuum seal)
7. Turn tank right way up
8. Vape away with no leaks !

Avoid running the juice low as this makes the tank lose it's vacuum pressure seal. Always make sure there is enough juice covering the priming holes on the sides of the coil.

Since following these steps, I've not had any leaking issues whatsoever.

Hope this helps ;-)

Mal the Mello King

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The problem got better then worse and I tossed the tank lol

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I own 6 authentic Crowns. My experience has been if there is any leaking the most common cause is either fake coils or a fake tank or both.

Dao'ith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 2 of the Crown 1 tanks and have never had a problem with leaking. I've never taken the tank section apart. I unscrew the top to fill it and the bottom to change the coil, but never unscrewed the center tank section.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I am new to vaping so I bought Innokin Cool Fire 4 and UWell Silver tank But its leaking and I am getting little burning smell I dunno what happened and I am getting Ejuice as well while puffing:huh:
Can anyone confirm this, should I have to put the O-rings which comes from the pack on my Tank cause I didn't see any on my tank?

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
6 Crowns, 1 mini Crown zero issues with leaking that isn't due to error on my part or a missing o-ring.

• Light dab of juice on the gaskets
  • Snug but do not over tighten
  • Leave a bit of space when filling at the top, don't overfill
  • Close the AFC when filling the tank

No issues with leaking and I used to use 50/50 juice

6 Crowns, 1 mini Crown zero issues with leaking that isn't due to error on my part or a missing o-ring.

• Light dab of juice on the gaskets
  • Snug but do not over tighten
  • Leave a bit of space when filling at the top, don't overfill
  • Close the AFC when filling the tank

No issues with leaking and I used to use 50/50 juice
Sorry but what is AFC?

mingerz

Member For 4 Years

Sorry, but the crown 3 is a piece of poo. Great airflow but leaks like a mofo. I have a therion and the leather shield now has the consistency of a jam rolly polly from it's daily dunk of ejuice .... nothing works and I shouldn't have to search forums to find a fix. Ironically will be going back to the crown 1 which is far superior....no graunchy threads for a start!

VU Sponsors