Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown Leaking Issue From Top Fill Only?

sfektsz

Member For 3 Years
I've noticed every time I top fill (none gets in the chimney), I get leakage from the airflow as soon as I tilt my vape when using it. I always close the airflow when re-filling as well. Today I got new coils, and while priming my coil, I did a bottom fill for the second time just to see, and I had no leakage both times. Is bottom filling the only way to avoid leakage? I really like this tank, and coming from a SuperTank Mini that leaked constantly, I'm pretty tired of having to keep a paper towel handy.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has to be a seal out of whack or missing. I never had leaking problems but after the new coils came out I sure had problems then, coils lasting a couple days rather than a few weeks. Had to toss the tanks, couldn't take it anymore.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Has to be a seal out of whack or missing. I never had leaking problems but after the new coils came out I sure had problems then, coils lasting a couple days rather than a few weeks. Had to toss the tanks, couldn't take it anymore.
Either that or it's a clone.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

sfektsz

Member For 3 Years
Either that or it's a clone.

I randomly took out the box tonight, and verified authenticity on the Uwell website, since that was a concern of mine as well, even though I picked it up at a local shop. The o-ring was a little crooked on the coil, which I verified authenticity as well (from ecig.com). It seems to only occur when top filling, although I've only bottom filled 2-3 times. I will try to bottom fill from now on to see if that method remains leak free, and hopefully help identify the issue.

sfektsz

Member For 3 Years
I've been using the .5 ohms @ 45-48 watts, and they seem to lose flavor really quickly. I've only had this atomizer about ~2 weeks.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been using the .5 ohms @ 45-48 watts, and they seem to lose flavor really quickly. I've only had this atomizer about ~2 weeks.
I understand.....when the tank first came to fruition I bought a shit load of coils, once they were gone every box of coils I bought were fucked up. Sad really, it was a good tank at first.

sfektsz

Member For 3 Years
I understand.....when the tank first came to fruition I bought a shit load of coils, once they were gone every box of coils I bought were fucked up. Sad really, it was a good tank at first.
Do you think it could be the coil flooding that's causing this? I'm really not sure what else it could be, or even where to start on process of elimination.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you think it could be the coil flooding that's causing this? I'm really not sure what else it could be, or even where to start on process of elimination.
Could just be a janky coil. Take it apart clean it, inspect all the seals and try another coil. I run my .5 coils at around 65w.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Who knows...I found the cotton packed so damn tight I was poking holes trying to get a few days out of um, didn't work either.

I assume Uwell is having them made by the cheapest chinese manufacturer they could find, and end up with garbage...and Uwell doesn't give a rats ass.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Uwell's qc on the coils sucks ass. Tbh though I haven't had a problem with ones I've bought from ecig.com but they were all .25

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Uwell's qc on the coils sucks ass. Tbh though I haven't had a problem with ones I've bought from ecig.com but they were all .25

I had less problems with the .5's....but like the .25's more.

sfektsz

Member For 3 Years
Could just be a janky coil. Take it apart clean it, inspect all the seals and try another coil. I run my .5 coils at around 65w.

I did that with the .5 & .25 that came with the tank, using a very thin rolled up paper towel to remove the gunk, and it wouldn't read on my RX200s or MiniVolt afterwards. I'm not sure what I could have done to break the coil, but I did it somehow, so I'm hesitant to tinker with them at this point. Would adding another o-ring to the coil help at all? I read somewhere that someone did that to prevent leaking and it worked for him.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get a little seepage past my coil down into the inside of the base every once in a while. If I were to not clean it out every 3-4 days I would get some out the AFC when tilting. Now I just remove the coil every few days, wash out the base (and make sure to dry completely), and then reinstall the coil.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
my crown is in a drawer somewhere
but i used to like this tank
if i remember theres an oring seal between the chimeny and the coil...you should have a replacement oring in the box. swicth it out as well as the teh one i think is on the top fill cap itself.

if you not happy with the coils
coilart is now making replacement crown v1 coils
might try them

theres also videoes on rebuilding the prebuilt coils

Ive tried it several times,, I suck and get shorts all the time. but if you got the patience that is a solution as well

sfektsz

Member For 3 Years
I get a little seepage past my coil down into the inside of the base every once in a while. If I were to not clean it out every 3-4 days I would get some out the AFC when tilting. Now I just remove the coil every few days, wash out the base (and make sure to dry completely), and then reinstall the coil.
That's what I normally do. Would this be sufficient if I were to get a tiny bit of juice into the chimney when top filling?

sfektsz

Member For 3 Years
my crown is in a drawer somewhere
but i used to like this tank
if i remember theres an oring seal between the chimeny and the coil...you should have a replacement oring in the box. swicth it out as well as the teh one i think is on the top fill cap itself.

if you not happy with the coils
coilart is now making replacement crown v1 coils
might try them

theres also videoes on rebuilding the prebuilt coils

Ive tried it several times,, I suck and get shorts all the time. but if you got the patience that is a solution as well
Are you saying the stock one is what's causing the issues? At first I was thinking the chimney o-ring could be the cause of this, allowing juice into the chimney and flooding the coil, but if that were the case, it wouldn't matter if it was top-fill or bottom-fill, since juice would be above that o-ring when filling over half the tank either way.

///M Vapor

Member For 4 Years
I just posted about this in another thread.

This tank leaks terribly for me. I checked everything. Tried a bunch of different coils. It's authentic too. I still have it, but never use it. I bought it to replace my Kanger Subtank Plus, which remains my #1 tank for now. I've tried replacing the Kanger about 3 or 4 times now, but it keeps outperforming everything I try.

My Kanger is sort of like that QB in the NFL that the team wants to bench, but every QB they bring in fails to win the #1 job...

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
normally if a tank leaks its the o rings
replace all the orings with the spares and try it

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
you know bondo, you reminded me of something
when i was using the crown
i discovered you should only fill to the bottom edge of that metal ring at the top of the glass.
any more and it would leak on me

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I watch it from the side when filling.
When the liquid gets up to the bottom of the top ring I stop filling it.
Anymore than that & I get more seepage.

sfektsz

Member For 3 Years
Or....you're over filling it when top filling.
I think you might be right. After cleaning out the tank, I've been filling it less when re-filling, a little bit after where the chimney pieces connect, and haven't had any leakage so far. I was assuming that juice was somehow getting into the chimney, and then it would leak out into the airflow from the bottom of the coil.

sfektsz

Member For 3 Years
I just posted about this in another thread.

This tank leaks terribly for me. I checked everything. Tried a bunch of different coils. It's authentic too. I still have it, but never use it. I bought it to replace my Kanger Subtank Plus, which remains my #1 tank for now. I've tried replacing the Kanger about 3 or 4 times now, but it keeps outperforming everything I try.

My Kanger is sort of like that QB in the NFL that the team wants to bench, but every QB they bring in fails to win the #1 job...
Try cleaning it and make sure all o-rings are secure, then fill it up about half way (where the o-ring for the chimney is), and work your way up a bit more if no leakage. I think it might be due to overfilling. Mine hasn't leaked in 2-3 refills from listening to the people posting above, hopefully it remains this way.

Last edited:

sfektsz

Member For 3 Years
About 5-7 refills later, I haven't had any leakage due to not filling past a certain point. I occasionally see a tiny bit of juice on the very bottom of the coil when looking through the chimney, not sure if that is due to leakage though.

VU Sponsors