Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown III

BananaSammiches

Member For 4 Years
So, hopefully not against my better judgement, I decided to give Uwell another chance and picked up the Crown III. So far, it's actually pretty great. Flavor is great, airflow is just right, and the overall build quality and design of the tank is fantastic. My only beef with it, is that it seems that Uwell has severely underrated the wattage on these coils. I have the .25 ohm coil installed currently and I'm hitting it at 20 watts over the supposed maximum, and it's taking it like a champ. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but now I'm kind of uncertain as to just how far I can push this thing. Has anyone else picked this up and seen how high it can go?

iVape524

Member For 4 Years
My brother and I just got the crown three a couple days ago at a local shop. I've been eyeing this tank since the reviewers started pushing their videos out. I'm very impressed so far. I was sceptical about reviewers staying there was no break in period for the coils but there honestly wasn't. It was kinda strange but in a good way. The airflow is smoother but slightly more restricted than the tf-series of tanks but I'm pleased with that as well. I'll have to report back on coil life but reviewers are all saying 2 weeks give or take. The fit and finish is top notch and the coils are easy to change with the plug system they are using. I find flavor to be on par with my big baby beast. The fill method, coil changing method,airflow and fit and finish is better than the big baby.

As far as wattage range I haven't really pushed it too far but have been satisfied at the top end of the recommended range for the pre-installed .25 around 90-95.

BananaSammiches

Member For 4 Years
My brother and I just got the crown three a couple days ago at a local shop. I've been eyeing this tank since the reviewers started pushing their videos out. I'm very impressed so far. I was sceptical about reviewers staying there was no break in period for the coils but there honestly wasn't. It was kinda strange but in a good way. The airflow is smoother but slightly more restricted than the tf-series of tanks but I'm pleased with that as well. I'll have to report back on coil life but reviewers are all saying 2 weeks give or take. The fit and finish is top notch and the coils are easy to change with the plug system they are using. I find flavor to be on par with my big baby beast. The fill method, coil changing method,airflow and fit and finish is better than the big baby.

As far as wattage range I haven't really pushed it too far but have been satisfied at the top end of the recommended range for the pre-installed .25 around 90-95.
Yeah, it's only day 2 and I already love it. Everything about the design is great, and it seems like they've finally un-fucked their coils. I've been vaping at 110 watts on the .25 ohm coil and I haven't even come close to a dry hit. I think they might have underrated them out of fear that people might burn them out and then blame Uwell for making shitty coils again, because they can definitely handle more than 90 watts.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had mine since the 17th, the coil is still going strong, my sweet spot is 80-85W. Uwell only recommends a safe range of 80-90. I have hit at 130W, no spitting or dry hits, it feels as if it will take 150 easy. The Crown 3 is Uwells new winner in my opinion.

BananaSammiches

Member For 4 Years
I've had mine since the 17th, the coil is still going strong, my sweet spot is 80-85W. Uwell only recommends a safe range of 80-90. I have hit at 130W, no spitting or dry hits, it feels as if it will take 150 easy. The Crown 3 is Uwells new winner in my opinion.
Just based on coil design, the large amount of wicking area and large coil, it definitely seems like it could handle high wattages. I'm using max vg juice in this thing and it wicks incredibly well. Kudos, Uwell. You finally got it right.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had it for a few days now, running the 0.25 coil.
Much like the Crown 1 in flavor, a little more vapor production.
Very nice tank. Close the air flow when filling or the coil gets pretty wet.

Ran well in TC on my slice but a single 26650 is not a good match for the power this tank needs. My dual cell sx350 only runs up to 75w in TC so I'm using it in power mode.

90w is my preference, it will take more but flavor drops off past 90w to me. It will definitely take more but I think they called the max wattage about right for the best mix of heat & flavor.

Like the Crown 1, it is tall. Guess I'll need to elwait 3 years for a mini. I don't mind having 3ml of juice in the tank, I don't need 5+ ml all the time. Would be nice to have a shorty kit with 2-3ml and the standard height for those that don't want to take a small bottle of juice with them.

So far very happy I picked it up.

20170517_221912-1.jpg

iVape524

Member For 4 Years
Still running strong with the 0.5 I put in first with no hint of flavor loss. Pretty impressed with the coil logevity so far. It's been about 15 days. Just starting to get into rebuilding and am happy to have another sub ohm tank with long coil life

iVape524

Member For 4 Years
15 days? May I ask... at what wattage?
I gotta try the .5... but... but.. but not yet.:blech: I know the .5 is also SS but the .25 is just a monster on this thing.

I know availability changes minute to minute but 5 days ago, only 2 places had the .25 coils...
101 Vape had em and so did MVS.

I think I need another C3.

I've been running the .5 at 80 watts with a 90 watt pre-heat for 1 second on my 213 fuchai. Still have that .5 in it still going strong.

iVape524

Member For 4 Years
I'm doing about 65 - 75 w
I'm getting a second one. Mebbe I'll give the .5 a try. I did get a couple boxes (of 4 :() of the .25s... while I could.

Funny thing is, I was never a Crown fan before. I had/have a V1 and... it was okayyy. Meh. Everybody loved it tho...
I never tried the V2 cause of bad reviews.

I think the stainless steel coil heads in the V3 are the difference... that, and the atty clamping design.
It's really about the atty and these are awesome. They're good enough to form an ecosystem around... like the Aspire Triton coils.

I've got to agree with you on that. I think they are awesome. I have many many tanks in the 80-150 watt range and I keep going back to the crown 3. This morning I've vaped my tfv8 with the Q4 coil, cleito 120, maxo v12 with the c4 coil , crown 1 with the .25 coil, big baby beast with the rba, and big baby on my smok stick v8 with the .15 coil and I just keep picking up the crown 3

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the crown II. Will I probably like this even better? I like a combination of flavor and clouds. I am using the .25 coil at 110W and 540F. It is as good as I wish for. Just wonder if the 3 wil be better? The other issue is the extra.5MM is going to overhang my mod. I don't really like that but if it is "twice" as good as the Crown 2 I will bite. Does it take a regular 510 drip tip at least? If it does not plus the .5MM I do not care how good it is, that is a deal breaker for me. The .5MM I will deal with but must have a 510 drip tip. Other than that, what is so much better about it. Thoise coils look like a step backward to me. Not dissing at all since I have no clue. Sell me on it!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Regular 510 DT size.
I haven't vaped a crown 2 so I can't compare but the 3 has very good coils.

I couldn't deal with overhang, I guess that decision will be based on how much you want to try the 3 but it won't be twice as good as a crown 1 and it would overhang.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Overhang does not bother me. I am not into cosmetics but that is just me. The coils on the 2 are a problem. The newest ones taste rotten for about the first 50-70 puffs. Then they are good and can last 3 months. Anyways the thing and the coils are cheaper than I thought. So I am going to get it. The only real issue is glass dripper bottles have to go into a squeeze bottle but no big deal either. Let's see how these coils are. I will report back shortly!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problems with glass dropper bottles here. All of mine fit right in, it's very easy to fill but close the airflow when the top caps off. It only takes about a half turn to thread/unthread it, good stuff.

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, It has more production than the 2. The coils break in much faster. I do not find it tastes any different. The threads are much rougher than the 2. It also gets very hot if you chain vape. People have mentioned those Two things. I have it at 70W and 480F, it is putting out more than the 2 does at 110W and 540F. It's not bad at all. Some give and/take compared to the 2. I am certainly not disappointed Luckily there is no overhang for me. I probably have room for 25MM as it turns out. Sitting here vaping, the taste actually did get better than the 2! I am getting a slight gutgle but no spitback. I bet that goes away soon. No leaks at all. It does use a lot of juice. So, other than the threads pretty good. I think I can fix the threads with silicone grease. Or they will get smoother over time hopefully. Overall I would say this is the best tank right now..

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been looking at all these comments and I think I have decided I'm gonna get this tank on my pay day, how would it look on an alien? I don't like overhang whatsoever.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's good to know, it looks like I'm ordering this tank soon :) I don't like building cos I'm too shaky, this fits my needs for a decent sub ohm tank with factory coils.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool looks alright on the green alien, I'm going for the matte black crown 3.
I was using the baby beast that came with the kit and whilst I like it I was filling the tank like every hour. Using the cleito atm but want something that'll hit 90 watts :)

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is that white mod in your avatar? At first I thought it was a cuboid but too small to be haha.

iVape524

Member For 4 Years
What is that white mod in your avatar? At first I thought it was a cuboid but too small to be haha.

My evic vtc mini. Love that mod. Only single 18650 though so most things I use these days don't work on it lol. I do like my spirals tank on it though

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a nice looking mod :) I'm actually after a single cell mod so it's going on my wish list. How are the Smok spirals? My local shop have them!

iVape524

Member For 4 Years
I have the spirals and the plus. I have to use the regular spirals on the vtc mini because it can only accommodate a 22mm atty. I use the plus on this koopor mini 2. I'd say I like the koopor mini two even better than the vtc mini. Needs to say I love the spirals tanks. Great flavor and conservative on eliquid consumption

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the spirals and the plus. I have to use the regular spirals on the vtc mini because it can only accommodate a 22mm atty. I use the plus on this koopor mini 2. I'd say I like the koopor mini two even better than the vtc mini. Needs to say I love the spirals tanks. Great flavor and conservative on eliquid consumption
That's exactly why I want the spiral tank, heard the flavour is great and that's another nice looking mod btw :)
I have just bought the zelos kit yesterday that comes with the Nautilus 2 tank and it's definitely the best flavour I've had from a tank. Also to say it's only a 2500mah battery you get decent battery life, actually lasts as long as my dual battery mods! Probably cos I'm using that at low watts and my dual batteries at higher wattage.
I'd recommend the Nautilus 2 to any mtl vaper, really impressed. I dint think they'd live up to the Nautilus mini but they've gone an done it...
it's a damn pain too fill though :(

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, It has more production than the 2. The coils break in much faster. I do not find it tastes any different. The threads are much rougher than the 2. It also gets very hot if you chain vape. People have mentioned those Two things. I have it at 70W and 480F, it is putting out more than the 2 does at 110W and 540F. It's not bad at all. Some give and/take compared to the 2. I am certainly not disappointed Luckily there is no overhang for me. I probably have room for 25MM as it turns out. Sitting here vaping, the taste actually did get better than the 2! I am getting a slight gutgle but no spitback. I bet that goes away soon. No leaks at all. It does use a lot of juice. So, other than the threads pretty good. I think I can fix the threads with silicone grease. Or they will get smoother over time hopefully. Overall I would say this is the best tank right now..

The threads do get better after about a week of use, they will most likely be better in the 2nd run of these tanks. First run isn't usually as good as it gets.

If I forget to close off the airflow before filling the coil will get real wet and gurgle. Firing it for 10 seconds or so while blowing down the drip tip clears it up.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I'd be vaping 90 watts & all my 150-220 watt mods are dual battery anyway.
I don't own any single battery mods but I might get one for my low wattage vaping.
I mtl or sub ohm, depends on my mood. This does sound like a good tank though! Was gonna get a cleito 120 but think I'll go for this :)

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang! This Mofo got power! I have been vaping only 3MG since 2005. I have this on 70W and 460F. The Crown II was on 110W and 540F. I was chain vaping this. I got a fucking buzz man LOL. I would honestly say this has more power than the Big Beast. It tastes damn good too.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I'd be vaping 90 watts & all my 150-220 watt mods are dual battery anyway.
I don't own any single battery mods but I might get one for my low wattage vaping.
I mtl or sub ohm, depends on my mood. This does sound like a good tank though! Was gonna get a cleito 120 but think I'll go for this :)

I went the Cleito 120 route, but it is a hard hitting cloud tank. No temp control coils, flavor is ok, not great. Think original Cleito with a little less flavor and a lot more fog.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have had my SMOK 350 Quad and Uwell Crown 3 since the March 13 th, I am pretty impressed with the Crown 3 and the SMOK 350, I set this on 85 watts and have gone thru several tanks, the taste is wonderful and I am still using the same batteries I am happy with battery life on this mod. I have run into a couple of issues. First one is I get condensation on the top of the SMOK And it pools between the outside rim of the tank and the raised Bevel of the screen and Its like a bunch of fine bubbles please see my picture. Another time I filled the tank and did not close the air and I had some leakage, I also layed it on its side and liquid was present this is all in small amounts but noticeable and I used a tissue. I am now closing the Air control when filling and I read that we might check the lock with the key because with use it naturally loosens so I am going to check that also. The pooling from a vaping session next to the airflow on the top of my mod that is small bubblies I do not understand, anyone have this issue ?? Over all I really like my Setup. I have not used the Cloud Beast that came with the mod yet. Battery life is incredibly great.
f9ec0467a45b394548a410a27f9358a5.jpg
9f5ef83f3fdd42dd28fd112a003ee793.jpg

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I said(IMO) the beast is conquered by the king. It leaks as little as the best tanks I have ever had. No tank is leak proof but this leaks very little. Again, IMO. Of course, You could have a bad one. Don't know.

OT: Smok is an example of a company that makes good production Mods. Unfortunately, AFAIK they do not make a DNA. My feeling is if you are wanting a DNA just go nuts and get a custom. That way the board will not break and the Mod will not either most likely. If it does, they will have it back to you in a week.

Now on topic again: I find the C3 really is amazing with the DNA due to the precise regulation. I am sure other Mods are good too. I do not mean to be a snob either. I am just saying paired with a DNA this is the best non RBA vape I have had. As you all might know I cannot build due to disability, so this is very welcome. The C2 was good but now we are getting somewhere. I imagine short of a DNA, Smok anything is great with this. I am going to go try my AL85 but the cap is hard for me with the Atty on.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have had my SMOK 350 Quad and Uwell Crown 3 since the March 13 th, I am pretty impressed with the Crown 3 and the SMOK 350, I set this on 85 watts and have gone thru several tanks, the taste is wonderful and I am still using the same batteries I am happy with battery life on this mod. I have run into a couple of issues. First one is I get condensation on the top of the SMOK And it pools between the outside rim of the tank and the raised Bevel of the screen and Its like a bunch of fine bubbles please see my picture. Another time I filled the tank and did not close the air and I had some leakage, I also layed it on its side and liquid was present this is all in small amounts but noticeable and I used a tissue. I am now closing the Air control when filling and I read that we might check the lock with the key because with use it naturally loosens so I am going to check that also. The pooling from a vaping session next to the airflow on the top of my mod that is small bubblies I do not understand, anyone have this issue ?? Over all I really like my Setup. I have not used the Cloud Beast that came with the mod yet. Battery life is incredibly great.

Correction I have only had my Setup since May the 13th not March the 13th sorry for my date typo.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I get the same thing, a ring of juice around the top of my mod and under the tank, not all the time but maybe on the 3rd fill up. I just replaced the .25 coil as it wasn't performing well after about 60ml run through it and the coils are gunked up, based on what I have read here I suspect it is the new juice I have been vaping on it exclusively. I did notice the base had a pretty decent amount of juice in it when I went to change the coil. I am guessing condensation as I have not had it leak, just seep around the base. I think the build up can make it's way over the air flow holes but just enough to settle at the edges and leave that ring.

I got this tank about 5 days ago and having been using it like crazy though, the flavor is excellent. The blue is so nice as well, really love the look of the tank. I have not gotten it to play nice in SS316 TC mode on any of my DNA or Yihi mods though, just the Wrecker G2 in xxx mode. I have been mainly using it in power mode. From all the stuff I am reading on here though I am guessing I got a bum coil in that .25, it only lasted 5 days and the TC was way off.

So for anyone that has tried both the .25 and .5 coils which do you feel has the best flavor?

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am still using my 2.5 perhaps even with this still tasting great I should try the other coil.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will say this Crown lll is down right good on taste and vapor the taste is the best I have had ever with stock coils.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been using my DIY Pina Colada mixed at 50 % PG 50 % VG This week last week it was Pina Colada at 60 % PG 40% VG.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am still using my 2.5 perhaps even with this still tasting great I should try the other coil.

If it is still performing the same then you should be good, I just changed mine since the flavor and vapor production changed, could tell something wasn't right. I was using the crown 3 almost exclusively over the long weekend, that's pretty rare for me with the amount of tanks I have. I think the first day I filled it up 4 times at least, I was having fun with it.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I just switched over to the .5 coil and now TC is working great, that .25 coil was a dud
Ive seen a few complaints on the coils. mine is good so far but it seems uwell hasn't fixed their QC on coils still

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
FYI you can buy the tips separate and they are cheap. 6 bucks each plus 4 bucks shipping so 10 bucks for 1 or 16 for 2 or 22 for 3.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FYI you can buy the tips separate and they are cheap. 6 bucks each plus 4 bucks shipping so 10 bucks for 1 or 16 for 2 or 22 for 3.
Are you talking about the Drip tips SirRichardRear ??

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok I am going to change my coil out to the 0.5 I am dying to see the difference.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get the same thing, a ring of juice around the top of my mod and under the tank, not all the time but maybe on the 3rd fill up. I just replaced the .25 coil as it wasn't performing well after about 60ml run through it and the coils are gunked up, based on what I have read here I suspect it is the new juice I have been vaping on it exclusively. I did notice the base had a pretty decent amount of juice in it when I went to change the coil. I am guessing condensation as I have not had it leak, just seep around the base. I think the build up can make it's way over the air flow holes but just enough to settle at the edges and leave that ring.

I got this tank about 5 days ago and having been using it like crazy though, the flavor is excellent. The blue is so nice as well, really love the look of the tank. I have not gotten it to play nice in SS316 TC mode on any of my DNA or Yihi mods though, just the Wrecker G2 in xxx mode. I have been mainly using it in power mode. From all the stuff I am reading on here though I am guessing I got a bum coil in that .25, it only lasted 5 days and the TC was way off.

So for anyone that has tried both the .25 and .5 coils which do you feel has the best flavor?

I get a bit of condensation at the airflow ports but thats it, no pools in the base, no leaking.
If I fill and forget to shut off the airflow, super flooded coil.

I ran the 0.25 coil on my slice and it performed well but that's not an all day setup with a single cell mod. Been running it on power mode on my old sx350 chip in a 2s box at 90w and I can't really say I miss TC. It fires very fast to get up to temp, no lag.

IMO, like the crown 1, the 0.25 coil is the best.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coil changed the 2.5 does not look all that bad for the use it has had the 0.5 is almost ready to go.
4febab7241962d5f96be622bdf56b5a6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Mr T

Member For 4 Years
How does the flavor in UC3 compare to Vaporesso ceramic tanks/coils? Is the UC3 hard on the juice?

Last edited:

led

Member For 4 Years
do the seals from the crown 2 fit the crown 3. mainly the black seal in the top head screw. im getting a crown 3 tomorrow and will be trying two different flavors, and i find the flavor gets into the rubber so i change it ever time i change flavors?

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been vaping the 0.5 coil and I find it to taste the best with my Smok 350 at 95 watts and it is a cloud maker, I think I will order some extra 0.5 Coils give it a month and get more 2.5 next month. I loved the taste from the 2.5

led

Member For 4 Years
ive been using the crown 2 tank since i started vaping about a year ago and i loved it on the .8 coil. i only had 1 bad batch of coils and uwell swapped them. so ive been very happy with the crown 2 but its become near impossible to get new coils for it in Australia. uwell for some weird reason wont ship coils for it here anymore? so i was forced to get a crown 3. the problem now is, i only have a joytech single battery 75 watt mod. so im running that at 75 watts on a .5 coil.that works fine but the battery cant handle it, and i need to keep it on charge all day which is ok. i wrote to uwell askig if they were going to make a .8 for it but they said they werent, which is not fine because on 75 watts @ 160 degree temp im using 3 times the amount of juice but the hit is really great. so its a very different beast to the crown 2. if any knows were i can get .8 crown 2 coils in Australia with low postal rates ill be very grateful, or even the .8 rafeal coils would be fine. but i must say the crown 3 even though it sucks up much more juice its a really great tank.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get a bit of condensation at the airflow ports but thats it, no pools in the base, no leaking.
If I fill and forget to shut off the airflow, super flooded coil.

I ran the 0.25 coil on my slice and it performed well but that's not an all day setup with a single cell mod. Been running it on power mode on my old sx350 chip in a 2s box at 90w and I can't really say I miss TC. It fires very fast to get up to temp, no lag.

IMO, like the crown 1, the 0.25 coil is the best.
I haven't gotten and rings of juice with the .5 coil. I am chalking up the seeping, bad TC and only 4 days use to the .25 just being a bad coil I got unlucky with. I am going to order a pack of .5 and .25 coils.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Fatsix

Member For 3 Years
I haven't gotten and rings of juice with the .5 coil. I am chalking up the seeping, bad TC and only 4 days use to the .25 just being a bad coil I got unlucky with. I am going to order a pack of .5 and .25 coils.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I have the same issues.

VU Sponsors