Become a Patron!

Uwell Crown II

BananaSammiches

Member For 4 Years
So, I picked up the Crown II whenever it first came out, and I really enjoyed it for awhile, until I ran into that infamous coil issue. I really loved everything else about the tank, but ended up getting rid of it because of this issue. My question is, has Uwell now fixed the issue with these coils, or are they still giving people problems?

Last edited:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As far as I know, the issue with the coils is that they packed too much cotton in them, too tightly. I have no idea if they "fixed" this issue but it's seems epidemic that these coil manufacturers have production runs where they pack too much cotton in the coils, making them useless for even thinner juices. The manufacturing processes are not consistent enough with these vape manufacturers and QC is terrible, if not non-existent.

This is what ultimately made me move to RTA's.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So, I picked up the Crown II whenever it first came out, and I really enjoyed it for awhile, until I ran into that infamous coil issue. I really loved everything else about the tank, but ended up getting rid of it because of this issue. My question is, has Uwell now fixed the issue with these coils, or are they still giving people problems?

I believe the new coils, v4 if you will, with dual yellow insulators are fixed. Not sure if the insulator may have also been a problem. I hear Rafale coils are also good.
I think the Crown II chimney may have been part of the problem.

Using the new 0.25 coils in an SE-1, wattage mode, 66-70w. The SE-1 is like a Crown ll but with new chimney and Rafale base, therefore more airflow.

Nice flavor tank, something like the big baby beast. Less expensive because it is a minimally equipped tank for those they burned with recent products.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
0f29dc5afcd4efd2323d50fa35035e68.jpg
e97d6073343bcb88b358f5839b05baad.jpg
04824af9a8022daf4251f81d585e2e66.jpg
0f7edb980b28300f4d003f872f4f6431.jpg

Here's the fix. Crown III. Expect it in April

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL. So I see they are using the Kanger method. Put out half-cocked, fully hyped products to fund the next one and the next one until you get a winner. My guess is V3 will be junk and so will V4, but V5 will be somewhat acceptable which will be followed by the Pro version 1 week later with an RBA head, which will have 3 versions itself.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To answer your question, the v4 coils or "Crown 2" coils with the yellow o ring and yellow insulator are fantastic. I get good flavor and great vapor production in both the Crown 2 and SE1 tanks running at 50-60 watts with the .5 coil. myuwell.com has them for $15.00 4pk as well as the .25.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am having no problem YET lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up 2 Crown 2 tanks at 101 under ten bucks a piece , I have used UWell Crown ever since they came out and love my Crowns so I took a chance on these Crown 2. First off I did not break the bank on cost. It does take it a while to wick but after I got it going it vapes good I am going to see if I can find the Version 4 coils, anyone here know we're I might find them ??

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I picked up 2 Crown 2 tanks at 101 under ten bucks a piece , I have used UWell Crown ever since they came out and love my Crowns so I took a chance on these Crown 2. First off I did not break the bank on cost. It does take it a while to wick but after I got it going it vapes good I am going to see if I can find the Version 4 coils, anyone here know we're I might find them ??

myuwell.com has the updated "V4" Crown 2 coils. Might try vapecrawler or Ebay, just make sure they have the YELLOW o ring and insulator.

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you, I will hunt them down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Bvapor

Member For 3 Years

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you very much for this link.............

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see the Crown lll has arrived...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors