Become a Patron!

Using Vape to Quit Dip

So everywhere I look everyone’s always talking about how vaping helped them get off cigarettes. I myself dip, and I’m curious if there’s any other other prior dippers out there that used vape to quit dipping. I’m on 7 days off dip and running a SMOK MAG kit 3 and 9mg flavors. Seems to be working well. I smoke the 3 throughout the day and put a 9 in the tank whenever I have a strong dip crave. I wanna hear other dippers experience, or if you have any friends you know that quit dip using a vape.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU:wave:

I have seen a few threads where other folks have used vaping to quit all manner of smokeless tobacco

There is no "smoke" with vaping either - it produces vapor and you are not smoking :)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smokeless Tobacco! Or chewing tobacco

Ahhhhhh....
That’s the shit you put under your tongue ryt?
I guess dipping is a lot safer than vaping?!(IMO)
I mean it’s pure tobacco, no food coloring or artificial flavor and you don’t burn chemicals off a wire!? If I were you, unless you want to quit the nicotine addiction?! I’ll stay dipping!
(IMO)

I BAM

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ahhhhhh....
I mean it’s pure tobacco, no food coloring or artificial flavor and you don’t burn chemicals off a wire!? If I were you, unless you want to quit the nicotine addiction?! I’ll stay dipping!
(IMO)

I BAM

Between the cheek and gums; messier, some association with oral cancers, spitting, UGH

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU. Many success stories floating around from former dippers.

Ahhhhhh....
(IMO)

I BAM
No, like Copenhagen, skoal, grizzly. High levels of nicotine. Destroys your mouth basically, shit sucks

I dipped Copenhagen long cut original for almost 20yrs. I started vaping in October of ‘17 intermittently and as of December 20th 2017 I am Copenhagen free!! I started off with 12mg of nicotine and started subbing a dip every now and then for a couple of hard pulls on a vape. Then before I knew it, the cope started tasting like shit. The key for me was to quit my habit “times” i.e. first thing in the morning or after lunch...and so on.

I dipped Copenhagen long cut original for almost 20yrs. I started vaping in October of ‘17 intermittently and as of December 20th 2017 I am Copenhagen free!! I started off with 12mg of nicotine and started subbing a dip every now and then for a couple of hard pulls on a vape. Then before I knew it, the cope started tasting like shit. The key for me was to quit my habit “times” i.e. first thing in the morning or after lunch...and so on.
Awesome man congratulations! It’s been pretty great being able to utilize the vape to get over my habit times as well. Right after a meal, just taking those hard pulls on a 9mg help out a lot. Dips a crazy strong addiction, just got tired of my mouth feeling all tore up all the time and needed to change something. Glad to hear vaping is working for you too

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, recognizing and preparing for those trigger times is important

numsquat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I dipped for over 35 years, quit over three years ago with vaping. The hardest part quitting was getting over the lip feel. I used organic dip for about 4 months with vaping, decreasing both nic levels (started at 24mg) of vape and amount of organic dip during that time.

skillet

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
40+ year Cope dipper and smoker here. Quit the smokes in September, bought a mod and started vaping in May. No dips or cigs since. I try to tell people dipping is wayyy harder to quit than cigs

PROD1GY

Member For 1 Year
Been "Dip" free for 3 weeks now. Been vaping for about a month and half. I love it and have no plans to stop vaping for a while. I dipped for about 12 years and knew it was time to quit. I agree, the hardest part is not so much the nicotine I guess, but its the "lip feel" and wanting something in your lip. It sucks, but so would a lot of other things.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Been "Dip" free for 3 weeks now. Been vaping for about a month and half. I love it and have no plans to stop vaping for a while. I dipped for about 12 years and knew it was time to quit. I agree, the hardest part is not so much the nicotine I guess, but its the "lip feel" and wanting something in your lip. It sucks, but so would a lot of other things.
Congratulations!

numsquat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Other options for the "lip feel" is organic (smokey Mountain, etc) or snus (General, etc, Swedish stuff). Something to use with vaping until you can go to just vaping most of the time. Personally I vape unless I'm in a situation where I can't vape but will use snus to get through the situation.

93civEJ1

Member For 3 Years
Dipper here...Bought my first vape on Tuesday and finished my last can a few days ago. I decided to start vaping because of the option of CBD when I want it, but also to help start healing my mouth. I am using 6mg of juice. At times I wonder how much safer vaping is than dipping. When I get a big throat hit or a big vape makes me cough it makes me wonder if this is better or worse for me?

numsquat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Dipper here...Bought my first vape on Tuesday and finished my last can a few days ago. I decided to start vaping because of the option of CBD when I want it, but also to help start healing my mouth. I am using 6mg of juice. At times I wonder how much safer vaping is than dipping. When I get a big throat hit or a big vape makes me cough it makes me wonder if this is better or worse for me?

Considering the amounts and types on chemicals you have in constant contact with the membranes in your mouth from dip, vaping (from research) is much less harmful. I wasn't a smoker, very occasional cig, cigars maybe 3-4/year, and vaping was difficult for me to begin with also because of the throat hit and coughing. Actually started with the Blu cig-a-likes. Had someone on another forum recommend going higher nic (started at 24mg) and a higher ohm set-up (2.0ohm or close, really can't remember now). Did organic dip for the lip feel and short vapes MTL just to get the nic (tootie-puffing). It did help with the throat hit/vape in lung issues. Over time (6 months-ish) I quit the organic dip and reduced my nic levels.

3+ years later I now sub-ohm, 3mg nic at 70vg, DIY, build my on on RDA's squonk more than I drip. Quite the rabbit hole. After 35+ years of dipping though I still miss it every day. I don't have the urge or need for it and it's not a temptation even when around others who are dipping, I just miss it.

93civEJ1

Member For 3 Years
I am currently sub-ohm at 0.3 on the factory coil heads of the vape pen 22. using 6mg nic with a 60/40 ratio.vg/pg

I miss dipping too...not what what it is about it...but its only been a week now. I still get thoughts in my mind that vaping may be worse for me than dipping. Just because of the unknowns of it not being around long enough for much health research.

VU Sponsors