Become a Patron!

Using purchased liquid herbal extracts for DIY ejuice

Javamon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am interested in experimenting with vaping some purchased liquid herbal extracts.

This is not to discuss illegal herbs. I'm talking about over the counter herbal extracts that are available in liquid form - things like Sarsaparilla, St. John's, and Chamomile.

Here's one example:
http://www.botanicchoice.com/Liquid-Extracts/Chamomile-Flower-Liquid-Extract-1-oz.axd

They are affordable, manufactured under strict controls, and carried by national brands like Walgreens.
The base is VG and water, although I don't know the ratio yet.

I consider a source like this a much safer/reliable source than some of what I see online in the vaping world.

I would use those as the "flavor" and then mix with a typical PG/VG ratio. Any reason why it would be a bad idea to do that?

I'm looking for informed and/or constructive feedback.
Please no references that would get the thread closed. Thank you.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would want to see all the ingredients before I vaped that.
While flavors are safe it digest not all are good for inhalation.
If there was anything more than PG/VG and flavor extract, I'd pass.

Javamon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good point. Why would a large company throw other stuff in though that is not cited?
Isn't it more likely that happens at these mom and pop juice places? I see those extracts being sold by national chains.
Wouldn't it be unlikely?

I know - I'm being naive probably. I want to find a good source, and I'd rather not do it with all the small and questionable juice supply stores.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is not made to vape.
Not saying they throw other stuff in cause I don't know for sure either way.
But I would definitely check all ingredients before I vaped it.
Lots of things could be added that are ok to digest.

Sorry I can't help you find what you are looking for but maybe someone else can.

Javamon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At the Walgreens site, they have an Ingredients tab for each.

They only list two ingredients for each:
Sarsaparilla, St. John's: Vegetable Glycerin, Purified Water
Chamomile: Coconut Glycerin, USP Purified Water

Can I assume they wouldn't have added anything else?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I am interested in experimenting with vaping some purchased liquid herbal extracts.

This is not to discuss illegal herbs. I'm talking about over the counter herbal extracts that are available in liquid form - things like Sarsaparilla, St. John's, and Chamomile.

Here's one example:
http://www.botanicchoice.com/Liquid-Extracts/Chamomile-Flower-Liquid-Extract-1-oz.axd

They are affordable, manufactured under strict controls, and carried by national brands like Walgreens.
The base is VG and water, although I don't know the ratio yet.

I consider a source like this a much safer/reliable source than some of what I see online in the vaping world.

I would use those as the "flavor" and then mix with a typical PG/VG ratio. Any reason why it would be a bad idea to do that?

I'm looking for informed and/or constructive feedback.
Please no references that would get the thread closed. Thank you.

first check to see if there is any oil or anything you can not pronounce. stay far away from those types.
most store bought extracts will require heavier amounts of flavoring due to them being watered down..
take watkins & mccormick, for example..

companies like nicvapes, that do test for chemicals in the flavors and juices, is safe to use..
the 2 others are the flavor apprentice and flavor arts.. there is also medicine flower..

VU Sponsors