Become a Patron!

Using ni200 coils. Need help identifying potential health risks

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, I'm fairly experienced with vaping, and know most of the in's and out's when it comes to safe use.
Although there are a few areas where my knowledge is GRAY.
my first question is,
When Using a NI200 coil AND a tc device,
What's a safe, yet effective setting to vape such a coil and device?
To be more specific, if I'm vaping with the sigelei 75w plus upgradable to 90w
With the Sigelei Ares Tank (the same tank that comes in the kit when you buy the sig. 75w plus) with the ni200 0.2ohm coil,
What's a safe setting to vape it at if the person Vaping it wants a nice warm hit\Puff. To fight off nicotine cravings?
Keep in mind, I already know when using ni200 coils you must be using a temperature control device, and it must be in TC mode, I.e ni200/ti01?
I'm currently V aping this setup as stated above, at 40.0joules as 400F
It says 3.0v on screen before I puff, and 4.4v at the end of my drag, is that OK?
This might sound like a question for another portion of the forum, considering my question partly contains question about settings, but my main focus here is, how is vaping with ni200 coil any different than using a kanthal coil as far as HEALTH risks go?
I know the differnece, but I've read somewhere when vaping with ni200 is risky because it can leech into your lungs or into your vapor cloud ??

Is there a guideline as to how many volts, joules, and what the temp should be set to?
I've always assumed if it doesn't taste burnt or funny, it's OK.
like some days I'll USE my eleaf 60w tc device with the starre pro by freemax and I'll have it set to 60.0w and 500feireinheit
And rip it like all day like that, is that OK?
Am I risking health problems by doing it this way, or am I OK?
Honestly that's a preffered setting for me when using that specific set up, but I do not understand, let alone get how this could be harmful. That's where you guys come in, help me to help others understand..
1) is there a chart/graph that displays safe and effective settings as far as joules, temperature, and volts go, that is SAFE?
2) is using nickel safer than using kanthal?
3) what are the real health benefits when converting over from traditional cigarettes to vaping(also kanthal vs nickel)
4) 40.0j and 450f 4.6volts safe setting ??

Thank you for your time.
- Brian

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The guy at the store set my MOD up for my ni200 coil. He set the temp control at 490°F and 30w. Not sure if that is right or not (blonde noob here) but it seems to be working well for me....

I do remember him telling me that cotton burns at 500°F so always keep it under 500....

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm a take a shot at this one.

first of all, the healthiest way to vape is not to. lets be honest, it hasn't been around long enough for ample testing to prove its safe.

here is what I know.
nickel does not melt until; it reaches 2651 °F. It is true that nickel consumed or breathed in, can be toxic. That is an inarguable point. However, the idea behind temp control is to keep the metal below 600° or wherever you set you tc mod at.

furthermore, nickel is used in a whole host of products, its one of the easiest mined and cheaper metals around. - hence only worth 5cents.
its used in everything from cookware to cellphones.

the bottom line, though, if you are uncomfortable using it, and you want to use, tc there are other options out there. I, myself don't like using it, so I use Stainless Steel.

edit. as to your mod firing that way, yes! that is TC. your resistance is changing as the temperature changes so the mod is making adjustments as needed.
as to health, I am not a doctor. I am a firm believer that you have to do your research and decide for yourself. We can give you information and facts, as we understand them.

Last edited:

skizzums

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
600 degrees is not hot enough to melt ANY of the available vaping wire. It's even shy of the melt point for lead. Even if you were "melting"a metal, it doesn't mean you'd be able to inhale metal "vapors". I smelt lead here at home regularly, with a pot set at 700 degrees, it is perfectly safe even when it's in liquid form(inhalation anyhow). Now past 1600 degrees and lead get close to it's boiling point at which it can let of lead "fumes" that could be bioabsorbable and poisonous. Nickel has a vaporization point past upteen thousand degrees, metal must be vaporized to become airborne and absorbable, think of a glass of water sitting there at 70 degrees...... doesnt do anything, but boil it and you're able to absorb that water through your lungs and get it's particulates on you skin, but not just in it's melted/liquid state. your good mang.....
these are in Celsius by the way, as you can see, just don't start vaping lead/zinc wire. i find mercury very difficult to coil
METAL: (Melting Point) (Vaporization Point)
Aluminum 659 2327
Cobalt 1480 2900
Copper 1083 2595
Gold 1063 2600
Lead 328 1750
Manganese 1260 2150
Magnesium 650 1110
Mercury -38.8 357
Molybdenum 2620 5560
Nickel 1455 2730
Silver 962 1950
Titanium 1700 3260
Tungsten 3370 5930
Zinc 420 906

BaerCiggy2Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I absolutely love nickel.
Kanthal is good too.
But nickel seems to work best for me.
I recently quit,smoking again, and have definitely started vaping a lot more. Like all day, every day. I have been doing so for about 6 months now. And as far as I can tell. No negative effects have been noticed.
I usually run sub ohm tanks, like my Starre Freemax Pro. Or my Starts Freemax, and also my Amigo Riptide v2 top fill with Ni200 TC coils. All 0.15ohm.
I set the temp to 330-375ferinheit
And anywhere from 30-50joules.
Prime.
I used to use ni200 coils at 420-500f
But recently I started lowering the temp, and raising the joules for ramp up time, and it works much better. Not to,hot, and warm enough to get a good hit.
I was just worried about the possibility of the coils(the ni200 TC coils) and using them for long periods of time. In other words, I thought maybe if I keep running ni200 over time, can the coil/nickel coil stay strong enough after being used say, 200 times at a temp of 370f. Does that make sense?
I guess that's up to science to figure. Out, I get it, they limit mods and tanks to only 600f BUT what happens to the coil over the course of 2-3 weeks of being used at 370f, doesn't the metal become weak after a certain point? And at that point possibly leach because of continued use?
I'm not worried about melting it fresh out the box, just curious if the metal can,hold that strength over time, and over the course of having electricity ran through it.
I would imagine it would grow weak and possibly brittle, is that not the case?

VU Sponsors