Become a Patron!

USA ohm meter

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a USA brand ohm meter and have done numerous builds using this meter. No matter what the build, how tight the connections the 3rd number on the meter will ALWAYS jump up and down about 3-5 numbers. So I'm assuming that's still pretty accurate, but dont understand why it won't get a solid reading...ever. For example: If my meter reads 243...the 3 would be jumping up and down from 3 to 4,5,6,7. Is this normal since it's the last number?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
its how that ohm meter works. the last number is just showing you the real time resistance readings, i dont know enough about ohms to tell you why thats happening but suffice to say its just real time readings and its normal

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you're referring to the right of the decimal point values... you have to remember that 1. USA meters are ccurate to +/- 0.018Ω, and 2. The third number is one-thousandth of an Ohm. It's not too critical, as you've still got stabilized one-hundredth of an Ohm accuracy.

The USA Ohm meters are (probably) the best you can get in that price range (I have two, and have given 4 out as gifts)... and the jumping can be seen as the chip being so accurate that it's undecided on the one-thousands place value, rather than just an approximate or "round-off" of the value place... that a lesser meter might provide.

B-rad-Real

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks...mind is at ease now. I like the meter. Glow in the dark blue with white LED. :cool: Accuracy is always most important tho. That's why I had to ask.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1. USA meters are ccurate to +/- 0.018Ω, and 2. The third number is one-thousandth of an Ohm. It's not too critical, as you've still got stabilized one-hundredth of an Ohm accuracy.
That's pretty damn impressive. Guess I'm gonna have to investigate this USA ohm meter.

Hoekakes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want one also XD sounds pretty cool

Hoekakes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years