Become a Patron!

Upgrading from POD System

Hi All

Would a pen device give me a better flavour than a POD system? I am thinking of upgrading to a pen mod from my vaporesso zero pod system. When I go into my local vape store and try out the flavours on their testers I get a really strong smooth flavour but not so much when I use it on my pod system.

My guess is because the power output is more on the pen mod the flavour is enhanced as well. Any recommendations on the type of mod I can use for more flavour?

Cheers

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi All

Would a pen device give me a better flavour than a POD system? I am thinking of upgrading to a pen mod from my vaporesso zero pod system. When I go into my local vape store and try out the flavours on their testers I get a really strong smooth flavour but not so much when I use it on my pod system.

My guess is because the power output is more on the pen mod the flavour is enhanced as well. Any recommendations on the type of mod I can use for more flavour?

Cheers
Flavors have always tasted different for me at vape shops when I was new because they put zero nicotine juice in the testers.

Pods are hit and miss for what has good flavor and what doesn't. If you think you can handle swapping out a coil about as often as you change your pod there are several good options out there in the sub ohm tank market.

Check out the Vaporesso Target Mini, not complicated, internal battery. Buy a pack of coils and you're set.

I'm not familiar with pen mods, so really can't make a recommendation on them. The reviews I've seen on the Zero comment on good flavor so I wonder if yours is a pod issue?

Flavors have always tasted different for me at vape shops when I was new because they put zero nicotine juice in the testers.

Pods are hit and miss for what has good flavor and what doesn't. If you think you can handle swapping out a coil about as often as you change your pod there are several good options out there in the sub ohm tank market.

Check out the Vaporesso Target Mini, not complicated, internal battery. Buy a pack of coils and you're set.

I'm not familiar with pen mods, so really can't make a recommendation on them. The reviews I've seen on the Zero comment on good flavor so I wonder if yours is a pod issue?

Yea the reviews say the zero is good for flavour. However, when compared to the vape shop they lack the same punch. I am not sure if my vape shop uses the 0mg liquid as a tester but their test devices are all pen mods.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea the reviews say the zero is good for flavour. However, when compared to the vape shop they lack the same punch. I am not sure if my vape shop uses the 0mg liquid as a tester but their test devices are all pen mods.
Where I live it's against the law to have nicotine in the testers, pretty sure it's the same everywhere and there is a difference in flavor.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Would a pen device give me a better flavour than a POD system
Well if it is flavor you are after... switch to a regulate box mod. They can usually be had for about the price of a epen style. say $30 to $60 and up.
Though if you have the dropsies, aegis legend is the way to go. 220w *more than you will prob use* but they are nearly indestructible. They SAY water resistant, but I wouldn't trust that. Although in a demo vid, the guy actually whacked one with an aluminum bat.. and it still worked.

once you pick your mod, you want a flavor rda or tank. The wattage you use will depend on the coils you use. Major upside.. since the Aegis takes 2 (2000 to 3000 mah) batteries, you might go days between charges or battery swaps. *given you only use 2mg of juice a week* also... if you do go that route, you probably will want 0mg nic or 3 to 6mg if you decide to still use it. Those pods and e-pens can't touch a decent flavor rda/rta/rdta

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, for a good beginner mtl box mod setup, you might try an Innokin Kroma kit. Innokin make remarkable mtl tanks whether it be premade coils or rta's. If memory serves, the Kroma takes a 20700 (or 21700, I can't remember) single battery. Can get 2 batteries. You can get a single or dual battery charger pretty cheap. You can have one battery charging while vaping on the other. That's just one setup off the top of my head.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested

VU Sponsors