Become a Patron!

Update on my battery and charger

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, just move it. So after watching the battery a bit, I seen that it DOES show that it's done charging. It just doesn't show it is. I bought it into the vape shop, the guy wanted me to buy a new charger. I told him that only those batteries give me the trouble, and I'm not buying another. He said that they only had the PVTSO batteries in stock. I had told him that I'm on the vape forum, and you guys said they're not well known. He said they're a new brand.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, just move it. So after watching the battery a bit, I seen that it DOES show that it's done charging. It just doesn't show it is. I bought it into the vape shop, the guy wanted me to buy a new charger. I told him that only those batteries give me the trouble, and I'm not buying another. He said that they only had the PVTSO batteries in stock. I had told him that I'm on the vape forum, and you guys said they're not well known. He said they're a new brand.

What do you mean when you say the battery charge says they are charged but the batteries don't show it?

I am looking forward to your response on this!

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What do you mean when you say the battery charge says they are charged but the batteries don't show it?

I am looking forward to your response on this!
Hey RJ,

Basically, they won't show it charging. When it charges, it'll show the bottom light go to the middle, which will blink for a few (which is all it does) then the middle to top light which will blink, then, once it's done charging, all 3 lights will light up. In my case, only the first stage will show. (Bottom to middle) but it'll charge. This is really weird.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well, that's a start anyway:D

What battery charger are you using? Make, model, all the good stuff.

And are those batteries flat top or nipple top?

And what is the mAh rating of the ones you purchased?

And.......Yes again with the And's how much did you have to shell out for them?

OK, done now.

I think:eek:

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, that's a start anyway:D

What battery charger are you using? Make, model, all the good stuff.

And are those batteries flat top or nipple top?

And what is the mAh rating of the ones you purchased?

And.......Yes again with the And's how much did you have to shell out for them?

OK, done now.

I think:eek:

I'm using the intellicharger i2 by nitecore. They're flat top, They're 2100 mAh. I believe I paid 24 for the two. $12 each.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
OK, first of all, I am not trying to be a jerk.

I am honestly just trying to help you out here.

The batteries in question are indeed batteries in question.

Brand new to the vaping world and no street creds yet.

Me, I will not purchase ANY battery until it has been tested and blessed by the Flashlight Folk.

Possibly the only folks in the universe as we know it that are as serious about batteries as we are.

And they know their shit.

IMHO, there are three reasons they are not charging.

First of all, the charger you have. But NItecore makes AWESOME stuff so I am not worried about the charger.

Secondly, the batteries, a brand that I am not familiar with are crap. No matter what the dude behind the counter tells you.

And to be honest, I have never gone to a brick and mortar vape shop where they only carry one brand of battery.

"Danger Will Robinson" if you are old enough to remember that.

The last thing may be that these new "Wonder Batteries" are slightly shorter than the well known brands that work.

Two options for you.

Very Gently bend the the tab of the sliding part of the connector of the charger toward the top to make better contact with the battery.

Even better, go to your local hardware store and purchase some very small steel washers and put one of them at the negative end.

A very small magnet would be better.

Lastly, you can pick up Samsung 25R, 2500 mAh batts that are rated for 20 amp constant for $8 or less!

Dat's all I got and I hope it helps!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Usually new batteries take unusually long to charge the first time around seems like you didn't give it enough time.

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would for sure go with a Samsung 25R battery to be safe.. They are great Batts!

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Usually new batteries take unusually long to charge the first time around seems like you didn't give it enough time.
That's what the dude at the store told me. He said an hour and a half to 2 hours tops until it begins to charge,
Can you check the voltage of the batt in your mod or with a multi-meter?
No, I have not.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It takes 6-10+ hours the first. Charge

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Leave them on overnight if you have a nightcore charger it's safe but don't make it a normal practice. Always watch your batteries when charging.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah see how it goes after they cycle a few times. That means discharge and charge a few times. But like UncleRJ says probably best to stick with the name brands that we now work and have been used in vaping for a while

VU Sponsors