Become a Patron!

Unregulated beast box from parallel to series build- HELP

Is it my wiring job or the lack of a mosfet?

• Wiring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Broken switch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a beast aws box mod and tried wiring it myself with absolutely no success... From what I understand the box is built with a mechanical switch and standard 510 connector wired with 16g wire for positive leads and a black 14g solid copper negative wire and had a MOSFET installed. All my research has told me MOSFETs are recommended but not need to function. So what I did was disconnect the black negative wire from the solid brass negative battery terminal that already contacts both negative terminals and ran the negative to one of the positive battery posts. I removed the MOSFET and ran the positive battery wire to the switch directly. My expectation was that by flipping the one battery upside down I would have a working series circuit when I hit the button nothing happens. Here is a pic:1437272671644-821411210.jpg

Here is a close up of the wire jungle: 1437272760687-795292572.jpg

Any info would help.. I am completely clueless!

It's not the lack of a MOSFET. I have the same mod. I removed the MOSFET and changed over to a spring loaded 510 connector. I can say that the buttons are cheap and are fairly easy to loosen the connections out of the back of the switch. I left mine in parallel setup. Your wiring looks correct. Not sure what the issue might be.

yourBuddy

Member For 4 Years
Check positive battery terminal of your upside down battery. The battery wrap may be preventing it from contacting properly on what was designed as a negative contact

VU Sponsors