Become a Patron!

Unreg. Parallel Box Build Qs

DimSumDom

Member For 4 Years
Heyo! I just recently got my Titan box and Ive been wondering what kind of builds I should throw on it. Ive pretty much been throwing on builds that I would put on my tube, like a dual 5-6 wrap parallel 24g Kanthal coil or a dual 5-6 wrap 22g Kanthal coil, both with a 3mm ID.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What I use probably isn't relevant.
I have no idea what vape you like and I don't know what wire you havevso it's hard to recommend anything.

I'd start with 22 or 24g SS @ 5.5 3mm wraps. Add a wrap if it's too hot.
If you're just making simple coils you can pretty much just install something and see if it heats instantly or not. If it does it'll probably be good.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

DimSumDom

Member For 4 Years
Thanks! Right now I only have 32,26,24,and 22g Kanthal, but a few quick clicks and I can always order more wire:D. Ive been trying to pull the trigger on ordering stainless steel, but im about to order more nichrome so i might as well get a few small spools of different gauge stainless steel.

I can kinda make my own fused claptons (emphasis on the kinda), but I pretty much only do simple, parallels, and twisted builds. Like i had 22g paralleled with 24g kanthal coil that ohms out at .12 on my Yeti but it isn't performing as nicely as my simple 22g kanthal coil that was ohming out at .18 that had been on my goon. I was thinking it was just the attys i had them sitting on, but i rebuilt both so that its reversed now and that parallel is just trash with the amount of wraps i have. So it popped up in my head to ask around and see what i can dig up and save myself a little frustration and that's what prompted to me put up this thread lol.

Ive thought about buying ribbon wire and try my hand at doing a framed staple coil or twisting it with round wire (forgot what that was called). But i went through like 100' of 36g nichrome making fused claptons and only produced a small amount of wire that was nicely claptoned and that's kinda pushed me away from making claptons and such.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
100' is tiny for wrap wire.
1000' is the only way to make it affordable. My spools are $6 to $8.

Fused 22g won't work well on much unless it's n80 or SS on a mech with 3 to 4 wraps.

Twisting ribbon is a waste of ribbon if you want something functional.

Staples are definitely the way to go for parallel mods.
Here's a simple build, 8ply A1 with 26g SS frames. 0.07ohm = 60a/250w
Low mass and gobs of power

2d6d2553a067fbd3190260da7a560b98.jpg

DimSumDom

Member For 4 Years
Cool! You've definitely convinced me to pull the trigger on ribbon wire. And i realized that about the wrap wire as soon as i hit the last bit on my spool. Any recommendations for wire size on the ribbon if i get Kanthal? and can ask why you did 26 for the frames? Just curious as to why 26g as I've usually read about people using 30g and higher. And any particular reason for SS over Nichrome? I've primarily used Kanthal or Nichrome and wanted to ask about SS. I'm most definitely going to order a spool of 22 and 24g just to experiment with it, but hearing about someone else's experience is always a treat to the ears:D.

Oh and when i wasted all that wrap wire, i was making a fused Clapton with 26g Nichrome cores. I would've used 24g but i the 26g had been collecting dust and was the most expendable.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Typically you use 26 or 28g for 0.4mm and 29g or 30g for 0.3mm.
I'm using 26g over 28g because it's wider and has a lower resistance. If this was an all A1 build it would be 0.1 or 0.09.
The idea is to have frames that are about as wide as the ribbon.
I use SS because it has a lower resistance. Both n80 and SS are great though.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can teach you how to build anything. Just ask and I'll show you. Even how to make perfect clapton.

DimSumDom

Member For 4 Years
Thank you a ton! I didn't know about sizing for the frames unitl right now. And if i have any more Q's ill shoot you a PM. I just lack good equipment for making coils. Ive managed to do regular claptons decently, but they don't give me that hot vape that I like. Im not sure if its beacuse im freehanding it or if its the fact im using a corded drill, but fused claptons are really challenging for me lol. After my next trip to Disney, ill save up a decent amount of cash and bug you about equipment so that i can have at least the minimal amount of equipment to have a nicer coil building set up.
:thanks:

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used an AC drill for everything till I started staggering and I still use my AC drill for claptons a D aliens.
Search for The Resistance Crew on FB. That's my team. Myself and everyone else on my team is happy to help.

VU Sponsors