Become a Patron!

Ultrasonic Cleaner?

Hey everyone, just wanted to get some input on peoples experience with ultra sonic cleaners? Are they worth while and what have they done your your ejuice. Also what brand are you using. Im considering purchasing one, and I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. Thanks!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For steeping juice a crockpot works just as well - and you can get one for $10! I do have an UC, but I don't use it for steeping, because having to go back and press the button every 8 minutes is a pain - with the crockpot, set it and forget it for 4 hours. The UC, if you do have one, can be useful for cleaning stuff, but it's certainly not a necessity (soap and hot water also works, just not as fast).

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with Neunerball and AmandaD. You can use either method but crock is cheaper. More hassle restarting every 8 minutes. But UC does clean attys well!

Thanks for the replies! My concern is I've used the crock pot before on the lowest setting it it actually seemed to kill some of the flavors. Not sure if anyone else has experienced any of this dulling of flavors, but that's why I was looking at an UC as another option

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Crack the lid open a bit. They might've gotten to warm. Up to 4 hours is usually great.

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have had that happen on some mixes also but never hurts to try the UC.. Get one. Doesnt have to be elaborate or expensive. Trial and error is what it all boils down to.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
from my experience crock pots or food dehydrators are the best. burnt out 3 UC's in about 6 months. Im a mixing addict also but like Ive said before UC's were never intended or built to run for hours at a time like a CP or a dehydrator. just a thought :)

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
from my experience crock pots or food dehydrators are the best. burnt out 3 UC's in about 6 months. Im a mixing addict also but like Ive said before UC's were never intended or built to run for hours at a time like a CP or a dehydrator. just a thought :)
Would a simple dehydrator from like Harbor Freight suffice?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Would a simple dehydrator from like Harbor Freight suffice?
heck ya for sure, the ones you can set the temp on are sweet but El Cheapo's are fine also. what I recomend its whatever route you decide to go just make sure and run a test cycle or 2 that way you feel confident you can maintain that temp. crack the lids or whatever so until you get a stable 150 degrees. and even that isnt a magic number . when we all started speed steeping from that ECF thread bobolax or however its spelled (forgive me if you are reading this) started the rule was 120 degrees and thats it or you ruined your juice lol. but after some mass testing which I believe @RocketPuppy was involved in we decided 150 was the best number lol. That was an EPIC sized time wasting thread and test. hahaha took months it seemed like for everyone to mail juice back and forth. I went up to 220 degrees for about 12hrs straight in a crock pot with no undesirable effects on the juice.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
heck ya for sure, the ones you can set the temp on are sweet but El Cheapo's are fine also. what I recomend its whatever route you decide to go just make sure and run a test cycle or 2 that way you feel confident you can maintain that temp. crack the lids or whatever so until you get a stable 150 degrees. and even that isnt a magic number . when we all started speed steeping from that ECF thread bobolax or however its spelled (forgive me if you are reading this) started the rule was 120 degrees and thats it or you ruined your juice lol. but after some mass testing which I believe @RocketPuppy was involved in we decided 150 was the best number lol. That was an EPIC sized time wasting thread and test. hahaha took months it seemed like for everyone to mail juice back and forth. I went up to 220 degrees for about 12hrs straight in a crock pot with no undesirable effects on the juice.
Hey @wllmc
Do you have a recommended dehydrator that you would recommend. My UC although nice is dying quickly as you stated. They are just not meant to be used in these applications. I see many with trays etc but not sure if they are removable etc... or if you can use it with the bottles standing or lying down. Having temp control is always nice. Appreciate your thoughts

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hey @wllmc
Do you have a recommended dehydrator that you would recommend. My UC although nice is dying quickly as you stated. They are just not meant to be used in these applications. I see many with trays etc but not sure if they are removable etc... or if you can use it with the bottles standing or lying down. Having temp control is always nice. Appreciate your thoughts

not really any in particular, removable trays are nice and temp control is nice. and you can make beef jerky lol. double win right there. Just whatever a guy could afford. shoot just throw it on te dashboard of your car for a couple hours unless you live in Arizona lol

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Haha. Thanks Will. I like the idea is no water mess to deal with. I shall go out on a mission today to see what I can find. The dashboard is great idea but here in NY is 59 so not thinking thats gonna work so well today lol

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Haha. Thanks Will. I like the idea is no water mess to deal with. I shall go out on a mission today to see what I can find. The dashboard is great idea but here in NY is 59 so not thinking thats gonna work so well today lol

lol ya no water is like 10 million points up for dehydrators VS UC and CP. Its been like that here still. We have 2 season in Colorado winter and July . ha !

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Being a bit ocd I hate water splashes all over oh its hot too lolol. I remember my days in Colorado with the weather. Looks like hasn't changed much

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i had a bad experiance with UC myself and i am not sure if iwill ever use it again for steep
i made a patch old school shaking by had vigorously steeped for 2 weeks in a dark place and it was great
made same recipe mixed with milk frother then used the UC and tasted it after 1 & 2 weeks and the taste was weak
i guess i am sticking to old school

VU Sponsors